arron rosa 1x
    mackens 1x
    cole escovedo 1x
    [/COLOR]

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN
    WIZARDOFBEANTOWN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

TUF FINAL
    VERSUS Diego Brandao Nick Name Ceara Record 13 - 7 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw) Wins 8 (T)KOs ( 61.54 %)
    3 Submissions ( 23.08 %)
    2 Decisions ( 15.38 %)
    Losses 4 (T)KOs ( 57.14 %)
    1 Submissions ( 14.29 %)
    2 Decisions ( 28.57 %)

MONEY LINE -335 BRANDAO ML FAVORITE VERSUS DENIS BERMUDEZ +265 ML
    7-2

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN

over 2 rounds +115 for y.edwards versus tony ferguson 2x ~ edwards should want and try to take this fight deep, where his experience should pay dividens. Tony should ssbe to green to catch this old school warrior of the cage!
    Last edited by WIZARDOFBEANTOWN; 12-03-11 at 07:47 PM.

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN

By matthew vernazza the wiz of beantown
    Miguel Cotto (36-2, versus Antonio Margarito (38 -7 -1, 27 KO’s)

Tonight at Madison Square Garden in New York, revenge is a dish best served cold, as Miguel Cotto will have is chance at redemption versus Antonio Margarito for a suspect loss in 2008. One fight later Antonio Margarito was suspended from boxing for one year, for using illegal plaster hand wraps versus Shane Mosley. The suspension of Margarito lead many fans to believe that he might have used illegal hand wraps versus Cotto, which at the time of their first fight (2008), was undefeated in his career at 32-0. Redemption is here tonight for Cotto and what better than doing it in front of a huge Puerto Rican community of New York, which happens to be his home town.

The first fight saw Cotto get out to a early points lead by taking a majority of the first half of the fight by using the center of the ring to unload his arsenal of weapons. Cotto got in trouble in the fight after the 6th round, when Antonio’s relentless persuiting style pushed the fight to the ropes, where he was able to trap Cotto and dig in to him with those suspect wraps. Cotto’s face was bleeding profusely by the end of 10th round going into the 11th, where Cotto’s dad threw the towel in, after Cotto was knocked to his knees twice in the round. Miguel Cotto stated he saw a picture of Margarito after the fight, with his gloves off and his hand wraps had cracks in them, suggesting that they were plastered illegally.

Cotto’s game plan ~ Miguel should want to keep this fight of the ropes and in the center of the ring, where he can dodge and duck more of Margarito’s punches. Cotto will be gunning for the right eye of margarita, which is where his orbital bone was broken in his last fight versus Pac-Man. Antonio had trouble even getting licensed in New York due his eye’s injury, so the New York boxing commission will be watching very closely to see if it swells or bleeds and step in to stop the fight.

Margarito’s game plan ~ Antonio will want to make it a back allay fight and once again push a relentless pace. He will want to get the fight to the corners and the ropes like the first fight, it was there Cotto couldn’t duck and dodge his hard punches. Antonio has a granitite chin and he could get hit by a mules kick and still be standing. He will have to protect his right eye due to it being rebuilt surgically and all eyes will be on it.

Bets and Vegas lines ~
    Straight up
    Miguell Cotto money line -200 to -250
    Antonio Margarito +195 money line

Prop bets

Miguel Angel Cotto by KO, TKO, or DQ
    +235

Miguel Angel Cotto by Decision
    +145

Antonio Margarito by KO, TKO, or DQ
    +325

Antonio Margarito by Decision
    +400

Draw
    +2200

Over /under is at 10.5 with the over 10.5 at -160 money line and the under +120.

The bets ~
    I love the revenge factor tonight and also the eye being a huge factor with the New York boxing commission watching closely to make sure there is no permanent damage to the eye. I really love Cotto to out point a slow but very tough fighter in Margarito, and for the fight to go to the cards, where Cotto takes it.

Take Cotto by decision at +145 3x since the money line at -200 to -250, which is t high for me. Back your play up with a smaller bet on Cotto by Ko,TKO or DQ which is at +235 just incase the fight gets stopped because of Antonio’s eye. The over isn’t a bad bet at 10.5 sitting at -160 ml and under at +120.

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN

over 2 rounds +140 bermudez/brandao 2x
    john dodson + 170 1x

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN

Toronto will be jumping tonight, as the UFC crosses the boarder to put on a show for neighbors.On Friday, the UFC fighters weighed in, and 23 of the 24 fighters were on weight. The only one who didn't make it was, Dennis Hallman, in his first attempt at making the lightweight division. The main event is between champion Jon Jones and former champion LyotoMachida
    CO-MAIN EVENT

FRANK MIR has fought Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira once before in 2008 at UFC 92 for the interm heavyweight belt. Frank was a big underdog for that fight at +278 but ended up winning the fight in the 2nd round by KO. The other fight in the co main event has Lil Nog taking on Tito Ortiz in a battle to see who can keep their career alive, as both fighters are in danger of being cut.
    Ion tv at 7pm est.

Ion will have four preliminary fights: 135lbs Yves Jabouin (-190 ml ) versus Walel Watson (+155ml), 155lbs Dennis Hallman (+135ml ) vs John Makdessi ( -165 ml), who is 9-0 and a great prospect, at 185lbs, Jared Hamman (-225 ml ) vs Costa Phillippou (+175 ml ) and Krzystof Soszynski (-250 ml) vs Igor Pokrajac(+195ml ). Overall the four fights will be competative and free on Ion at 7pm.
    Picks for Ion ~ John Makdessi -165 ml 2x
    K Soszynski -275 ml + Rich Attonito at -245 ml 1x
    Yves jabojin -190 ml 1x

There are 3 fights before the Ion fights and they start at 5:30 pm with M. Clarke (+280 ml) vs J. Cholish (-350 ml), Rich Antonio (-245ml ) vs J Hecht (+195 ml ) and Canadian M. Bocek (-175 ml ) vs Nick Lentz (+145 ml ).
    Picks
    I would go with a Rich Antonio at -245ml and parlay him with Cholish at -350ml for 1unit. The other fight has Bocek at -175 ml giving us good value on a game underdog in Nick Lentz +145 ml, but this fight is in Toronto, Canada, which is where Bocek is from, so that is where my money is going. Bocek -175 ml 1unit.
    Main Event picks
    3 fight parlay that I really like is Matt Hormick at -575 ml and Jon Jones -575 ml with the third fighter either being Frank Mir -255 or K.Soszynski “The Janitor” -275ml. I really like the first two fighters in Hormick and Jones and I think they should win their fights easy, so I’m going with two bets here!

I would go with a Rich Antonio at -245ml and parlay him with Cholish at -350ml for 1unit. The other fight has Bocek at -175 ml giving us good value on a game underdog in Nick Lentz +145 ml, but this fight is in Toronto, Canada, which is where Bocek is from, so that is where my money is going. Bocek -175 ml 1unit.
    Picks for Ion ~ John Makdessi -165 ml 2x
    K Soszynski -275 ml + Rich Attonito at -245 ml 1x
    Yves jabojin -190 ml 1x
    Main Event picks
    Hormick -575 ml + Jon Jones -575 ml + Frank Mir -225 ml 3x
    Hormick -575ml + Jon Jones -575 ml + K.Soszynski -275 ml 2x
    Tito Ortiz +180 1x to save his career.
    Frank Mir ml 1x or by dec

Hormick -575 ml + Jon Jones -575 ml + Frank Mir -225 ml 3x
    Hormick -575ml + Jon Jones -575 ml + K.Soszynski -275 ml 2x
    Tito Ortiz +180 1x to save his career.
    Frank Mir ml 1x or by dec

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN

Final Showdown – Froch v Ward: Thoughts from ‘The Brain’

By Martin ‘The Brain’ Potter of the Boxing Clever Podcast: In today’s boxing landscape a lot of fights are, wrongly, sold to fans, pundits and TV companies alike as being 50:50 match-ups or ‘pick-em’ fights as they say in the trade. Unfortunately many who should know better – and I have been guilty of it in the past – swallow the hype and build up matches as ‘even’ contests when really they are nothing of the sort; Pacquiao v Mosley is a perfect recent example.

The ground breaking Super Six tournament to find the world’s best super-middleweight has not been guilty of producing such phoney fights (Alan Green aside) and the business end of the tournament, a final showdown between Carl ‘The Cobra’ Froch and Andre ‘SOG’ Ward, genuinely is a ‘pick-em’ fight worthy of the tag. But how might it play out?

It would be easy to portray this match up as slugger against boxer, with Froch cast as the former and Ward the latter, but neither of these excellent fighters quite conforms to their allotted roles. It is true that Carl has been involved in a lot of wars and, as Nigel Benn would say ‘loves a tear up’, but against Arthur Abraham Froch showed his skills and boxed well on the back foot behind a stiff jab. It is also often forgotten that Froch was a stellar amateur who captured a bronze medal for Great Britain – ‘The Cobra’ can box as well as brawl.

Ward on the other hand demonstrated his excellent technical pedigree by taking an Olympic gold medal and has continued to show great hand-speed, movement and ability in the pro ranks. Yet what has surprised (and in some cases upset) a lot of people is Ward’s ability and willingness to ‘mix it’, as he ably showed against Denmark’s ‘Viking Warrior’ Mikkel Kessler. Whilst I don’t condone illegal moves in the ring, Ward must be applauded to an extent for his use of ‘old skool’ tricks – perhaps he has been watching tapes of Bernard Hopkins?! This ‘SOG’ can brawl as well as box.

The fact that both fighters, as well as being extremely adept boxers, are also extremely adaptable boxers makes this a tricky fight to call. Froch may not be the ‘SOG’ in this fight but he may well be the toughest ‘SOB’ in boxing at the minute, as evidenced by his recent concrete chinned effort against Glen Johnson. As strange as it may sound though, Froch’s toughness could actually be a weakness in the fight with Ward. I have already heard Froch state that he will walk through Ward’s ‘feather duster’ punches and although I don’t believe Ward will knock Carl out, Froch’s statement seems to indicate that he will go after Ward head on - this will be a mistake. Like Froch, both Mikkel Kessler and Arthur Abraham are big punchers with granite jaws who thought they could simply walk through the American. Both Kessler and Abraham came unstuck as Ward outboxed, and in the case of Kessler outfought, them.

If Froch does as he has indicated (and perhaps he won’t) and goes straight at Ward then this will suit the American who will be happy to just use his speed and reflexes to avoid the Brit’s big bombs, whilst popping out his fast jab. If Froch gets in close then Andre Ward won’t be afraid of the rough stuff. In the scenario that Carl Froch goes gung-ho then I believe Ward picks up a points win.
    My feeling though is that Carl Froch, despite the number of right hands he took against Johnson, has matured as a fighter and will (and should) fight a more tactical fight against Ward. I think if Froch fights more on the back foot behind his long powerful jab then he will surprise Ward, who will be expecting an all-out ‘Cobra’ attack. If Froch can draw Ward on to the front foot then he has a chance of landing his unorthodox corkscrew uppercut and with his power, Froch can definitely hurt Ward and maybe even stop him. In the scenario that Froch fights tactical it becomes very interesting.

Overall if I had to pick a winner at this moment in time then I would still lean slightly towards Andre Ward as he doesn’t know how to lose and I believe he could be something special. However if there is one fighter in the super-middleweight division who could show the world that ‘SOG’ is a mere mortal then it is Carl ‘The Cobra’ Froch. A genuine ‘pick-em’ fight and I reserve the right to change my mind!

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN

gilbert mendez -300 and kj noons parley 2x

First ... 11121314