Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

elon musk sued for $258 BILLION over alleged $DOGE 'Pyramid Scheme'

Johnson v. Musk, Case No. 22-cv-05037, SDNY (Manhattan). Keith Johnson sued Musk and his companies, claiming they engaged in illegal racketeering to raise the price of DOGE.

"Defendants falsely and deceptively claim DOGE is a legal investment when it has no value," according to Johnson's complaint. Johnson wishes to represent DOGE traders who have experienced losses since April of this year.

He seeks $86 billion in damages, plus $172 billion in triple damages, as well as an injunction barring Musk and the companies from marketing DOGE and declaring that the DOGE trade is illegal under US and New York law.

Musk or SpaceX, Tesla, and Tesla's lawyer did not respond to press inquiries about the lawsuit right away. DOGE is down 70% this year and is currently trading at $0.05818. It peaked at 74 cents last year before plummeting.

theboss4018
    theboss4018's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4762

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    Johnson v. Musk, Case No. 22-cv-05037, SDNY (Manhattan). Keith Johnson sued Musk and his companies, claiming they engaged in illegal racketeering to raise the price of DOGE.

"Defendants falsely and deceptively claim DOGE is a legal investment when it has no value," according to Johnson's complaint. Johnson wishes to represent DOGE traders who have experienced losses since April of this year.

He seeks $86 billion in damages, plus $172 billion in triple damages, as well as an injunction barring Musk and the companies from marketing DOGE and declaring that the DOGE trade is illegal under US and New York law.

Musk or SpaceX, Tesla, and Tesla's lawyer did not respond to press inquiries about the lawsuit right away. DOGE is down 70% this year and is currently trading at $0.05818. It peaked at 74 cents last year before plummeting.
    Sue this into who gives a shit!
    #saloon

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

This is nonsense.

DOGE was never meant to be worth more than around a penny. It's main purpose, at least at one point, was to be used as a form of tipping on social media. Instead of "liking" a post, you'd tip 1 DOGE.

With Musk buying Twitter, he will probably implement DOGE into the software so that you can tip with DOGE (providing it "value" and a use case). If anything, I may fire a few K at DOGE in the next few days once this "illegal racketeering" BS blows over and price comes down even more.
    Points Awarded:

icon gave Crusherrr 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

People sueing instead of working

american dream

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Like hes the first guy in power to advertise a stock pr product

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post

Say what?? I've been holding Doge since 2014. This guy is a dope. Our court system should put people in jail for frivolous lawsuits.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    This is nonsense.

DOGE was never meant to be worth more than around a penny. It's main purpose, at least at one point, was to be used as a form of tipping on social media. Instead of "liking" a post, you'd tip 1 DOGE.

With Musk buying Twitter, he will probably implement DOGE into the software so that you can tip with DOGE (providing it "value" and a use case). If anything, I may fire a few K at DOGE in the next few days once this "illegal racketeering" BS blows over and price comes down even more.
    Interesting take.

chase1
    chase1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5032

I wonder if the guy that bought 4 million worth of DOGE when it was around 3 cents or so is still holding. I remember him gaining all this publicity on a few podcasts when DOGE got up over .60 and he had gained over $2.5 million. They were pleading with him take profits or at least pull some off the table but he held firm saying he was in for the long haul. Last I heard he had not sold when it was around .30

I need to look him up

Accrued Interest
    Accrued Interest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1541

That was definitely a pump and dump. But that stuff is legal nowadays.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11268

How idiotic is this guy. Musk does not own Doge. So what if he tweets about the coin, thousands of people do that every day.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Interesting take.
    Its actually correct. I remember years ago on Reddit tipping Doge and even back then it was considered a joke (Doge).

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Its actually correct. I remember years ago on Reddit tipping Doge and even back then it was considered a joke (Doge).
    I met one of the Aussie guys originally involved in creating it as a joke coin and he said it was programmatically doomed to failure for some reason I can no longer recall. So never considered it at all ever. But if what Crussher said comes to fruition maybe worth a small shot now.