1. #1
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,540
    Betpoints: 9422

    Might be a good time to switch from Nitrogensports to Nitrobetting or have both.

    I don't know exactly what's going on but people are getting letters saying that Nitrogensports is slashing limits wanting people to transfer. And Nitrobetting is giving away a 5% loss back and nice bonuses to switch.

  2. #2
    vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-18
    Posts: 258
    Betpoints: 7587

    Given Nitro's recent history of stiffing winning players, I wouldn't play at either of them.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: amid

  3. #3
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,758
    Betpoints: 11737

    Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    Given Nitro's recent history of stiffing winning players, I wouldn't play at either of them.
    Fake news. Nitrogen does not stiff winning players.

  4. #4
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,758
    Betpoints: 11737

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    I don't know exactly what's going on but people are getting letters saying that Nitrogensports is slashing limits wanting people to transfer. And Nitrobetting is giving away a 5% loss back and nice bonuses to switch.
    A few months ago nitrogensports made me switch. No problem because nitrobetting is basically the same site only with bonuses.
    Points Awarded:

    raiders72001 gave themike78 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  5. #5
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,540
    Betpoints: 9422

    Here's the letter from Nitrogen concerning the transfer.
    Dear customer,

    In the past months, thousands of loyal clients have moved their action from Nitrogen Sports to our new platform: Nitrobetting.eu. We are completely thrilled and excited with this positive response to the new site. This does mean that a significant percentage of our players are playing exclusively under Nitrobetting.eu and, because of this transition, you will soon notice Nitrogen Sports’ betting limits will be progressively cut.

    Anticipating how this change may affect some of our top players, we want to make sure you won’t have any issues with this adjustment so that you may continue playing as usual. How can we guarantee this change won’t affect you? By migrating your action to Nitrobetting.eu exclusively.

    Thanks to the support of our players, Nitrobetting.eu is now becoming our primary site. Clients loyal to the brand have been able to experience first-hand some of the new enhancements, including improved interface, faster response and grading time, a much larger selection of casino games, exclusive games & contests, better poker Challenges and an innovative bonus structure that rewards customers with unrestricted cash thanks to our Real Wager bonuses. The new site is now offering the limits that you have come to expect from a brand you can trust.

    Make your 1st deposit and claim our 100% Real Wager bonus so you experience how Nitrobetting rewards your action: unrestricted cash paid to your balance every time you complete 20% of your turnover.

    Last edited by raiders72001; 05-17-22 at 01:12 PM.

  6. #6
    vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-18
    Posts: 258
    Betpoints: 7587

    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Fake news. Nitrogen does not stiff winning players.
    My team was stiffed by Nitrogen. If you play there from the US, you risk getting stiffed also. Ask their CS 1. if they are licensed in the US, and 2. if their T&C allow US players.

    I had read of other pros getting stiffed in the last 2 years as well. Today's Nitro is very different from the Nitro we knew 6 years ago.

  7. #7
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,758
    Betpoints: 11737

    Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    My team was stiffed by Nitrogen. If you play there from the US, you risk getting stiffed also. Ask their CS 1. if they are licensed in the US, and 2. if their T&C allow US players.

    I had read of other pros getting stiffed in the last 2 years as well. Today's Nitro is very different from the Nitro we knew 6 years ago.
    How exactly were you stiffed? What do you mean by your team? So you had multiple accounts? Then that is breaking the rules. Of course they are not liscensed in the U.S. They are a Costa Rican book.

  8. #8
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 387,124
    Betpoints: 186

    Iíve been reading nitro stiffing also

    Get out

  9. #9
    vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-18
    Posts: 258
    Betpoints: 7587

    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    How exactly were you stiffed? What do you mean by your team? So you had multiple accounts? Then that is breaking the rules. Of course they are not liscensed in the U.S. They are a Costa Rican book.
    Exactly one account among my entire team. Only the account creator used the account or placed bets in it. Account won 40k over about 5 months. After winning (and withdrawing 30k), limits were cut. And oh, they don't want to pay the last 10k because the jurisdiction was not legal (same rules for US and Costa Rica). If you win 40k in new money and get paid, please share with us. They only have to selectively enforce this rule against larger net winners to save a fortune.

  10. #10
    wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-20
    Posts: 525
    Betpoints: 13970

    Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    Exactly one account among my entire team. Only the account creator used the account or placed bets in it. Account won 40k over about 5 months. After winning (and withdrawing 30k), limits were cut. And oh, they don't want to pay the last 10k because the jurisdiction was not legal (same rules for US and Costa Rica). If you win 40k in new money and get paid, please share with us. They only have to selectively enforce this rule against larger net winners to save a fortune.
    What do you mean by "my team"? Did you assemble a team to circumvent the limits? That is probably why you got cut off. I've been playing at the old Nitro and the new and have never had any problems getting paid substantial amounts. What country is your team playing from?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 06/23/2022


  11. #11
    vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-18
    Posts: 258
    Betpoints: 7587

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    What do you mean by "my team"? Did you assemble a team to circumvent the limits? That is probably why you got cut off. I've been playing at the old Nitro and the new and have never had any problems getting paid substantial amounts. What country is your team playing from?
    No. I provide the math, and my teammate used my math to bet and win. Limits were never circumvented, and there was only 1 account. In this dispute, most of the wagers were from my partner in Costa Rica (which is similar to the US regarding their rules).

  12. #12
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,540
    Betpoints: 9422

    Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    No. I provide the math, and my teammate used my math to bet and win. Limits were never circumvented, and there was only 1 account. In this dispute, most of the wagers were from my partner in Costa Rica (which is similar to the US regarding their rules).
    That could be the problem. They accept US players but may not Costa Ricans. No one from the US ever had a problem.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 05-20-22 at 11:29 PM.

  13. #13
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,758
    Betpoints: 11737

    Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    No. I provide the math, and my teammate used my math to bet and win. Limits were never circumvented, and there was only 1 account. In this dispute, most of the wagers were from my partner in Costa Rica (which is similar to the US regarding their rules).
    Nitrogen does not let you play when in Costa Rica. I know this because I can't play there when I'm in Costa Rica. However there are no restrictions when playing in the U.S. you should have checked with them before placing wagers in Costa Rica. That's what I did. You broke the rules and got caught. Stop saying they stiffed you.

  14. #14
    vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-18
    Posts: 258
    Betpoints: 7587

    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Nitrogen does not let you play when in Costa Rica. I know this because I can't play there when I'm in Costa Rica. However there are no restrictions when playing in the U.S. you should have checked with them before placing wagers in Costa Rica. That's what I did. You broke the rules and got caught. Stop saying they stiffed you.
    My partner had no problem betting from CR IP. Their rules do not specifically mention CR.

  15. #15
    wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-20
    Posts: 525
    Betpoints: 13970

    None of the Costa Rica books allow you to be in CR and play with them. There's a law that prevents them from making sportsbook money off their own citizens. You might have gotten away by using a VPN but if they catch you, it's ban time.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 06/23/2022


  16. #16
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,540
    Betpoints: 9422

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    None of the Costa Rica books allow you to be in CR and play with them. There's a law that prevents them from making sportsbook money off their own citizens. You might have gotten away by using a VPN but if they catch you, it's ban time.
    I thought that too but wasn't sure. It definitely makes sense not wanting to beat their own. If you need a VPN to get into a site, you know you're doing something wrong.

  17. #17
    vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-18
    Posts: 258
    Betpoints: 7587

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    I thought that too but wasn't sure. It definitely makes sense not wanting to beat their own. If you need a VPN to get into a site, you know you're doing something wrong.
    You don't need to VPN to play at Nitro in CR.

  18. #18
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,758
    Betpoints: 11737

    Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    My partner had no problem betting from CR IP. Their rules do not specifically mention CR.
    I know I had no problem either. But they told me I wasn't allowed to when I asked. Most of these books don't have it listed in the rules section. That's why it's always best to ask them first.
    Last edited by themike78; 05-23-22 at 10:58 AM.

  19. #19
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,758
    Betpoints: 11737

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    None of the Costa Rica books allow you to be in CR and play with them. There's a law that prevents them from making sportsbook money off their own citizens. You might have gotten away by using a VPN but if they catch you, it's ban time.
    This isn't true. I am allowed to play at a few when I am there. Maybe if you are a citizen you can't play at any but there are a few that let me. But you always need to ask them first because it's not always listed on their websites.

  20. #20
    vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-18
    Posts: 258
    Betpoints: 7587

    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I know I had no problem either. But they told me I wasn't allowed to when I asked. Most of these books don't have it listed in the rules section. That's why it's always best to ask them first.
    If you ask Nitrogen, what do they say? On another forum, a US player asked, and Nitrogen wouldn't answer.

  21. #21
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,540
    Betpoints: 9422

    If he's a pro, I'm sure your partner knew what he was doing. Risk/reward situation. It's easy to beat Nitrogen but he knew the risk.

    US is allowed. I sent a support ticket and have been there since 2013.

  22. #22
    vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-18
    Posts: 258
    Betpoints: 7587

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    If he's a pro, I'm sure your partner knew what he was doing. Risk/reward situation. It's easy to beat Nitrogen but he knew the risk.
    US is allowed. I sent a support ticket and have been there since 2013.
    How can the US be allowed? Betting from the US -- a jurisdiction where they can't legally operate is against Nitrogen's rules.

  23. #23
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,758
    Betpoints: 11737

    Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    If you ask Nitrogen, what do they say? On another forum, a US player asked, and Nitrogen wouldn't answer.
    I sent them an email asking. They told me while I am in Costa Rica I am not allowed to play there. However when I go back to the U.S I can continue to play there.

  24. #24
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,758
    Betpoints: 11737

    Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    How can the US be allowed? Betting from the US -- a jurisdiction where they can't legally operate is against Nitrogen's rules.
    No offshore book Is allowed in the U.S. However many still accept U.S customers. I understand that their rules are confusing but they are not just going to steal players funds for no reason. Like I said it is always best to speak to a manager before playing at any book to make sure. Many books don't list restricted countries and you need to ask. If you are unsure it's best to verify the rules first.

  25. #25
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,540
    Betpoints: 9422

    Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    How can the US be allowed? Betting from the US -- a jurisdiction where they can't legally operate is against Nitrogen's rules.
    Pros know exactly what they are doing. You can't compare countries. You have to look at each individually. If he were some rookie player, I could see the mistake. But there is no way in the world a pro doesn't know country rules. If he's unsure, he would have asked.

  26. #26
    vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-18
    Posts: 258
    Betpoints: 7587

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Pros know exactly what they are doing. You can't compare countries. You have to look at each individually. If he were some rookie player, I could see the mistake. But there is no way in the world a pro doesn't know country rules. If he's unsure, he would have asked.
    Then why not explain it clearly in the rules? If you don't want CR players, why don't they geo-block it like Bovada does?

  27. #27
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,758
    Betpoints: 11737

    Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    Then why not explain it clearly in the rules? If you don't want CR players, why don't they geo-block it like Bovada does?
    Good point. Maybe they will update their rules on the website in the future. Like I said before the only way I knew was because I contacted them through email to find out.

  28. #28
    GoPack
    GoPack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-17
    Posts: 14
    Betpoints: 276

    I played poker for ~8 years and racked up an insane amount of loyalty points on nitrogensports. They decided to zero out my balance and refuse to redeem the points saying that they "announced it in a blog post". This site has gone completely downhill and is absolute trash now. I assume they are rebranding because they have scammed too many of their own customers. Stay away from nitrobetting.

Top