thebigcurt
    thebigcurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

Bitcoin Stolen - Blockchain

Hi - I recently had all of my bitcoin sent out of my private key wallet on blockchain. Someone hacked into my email and was able to use the login from my email account. Blockchain is currently reviewing the transaction, but I don't expect them to be able to do anything. Anyone had this issue before or have any advice?

Any recommendations for other apps or sites to transfer blockchain to offshore books? Thanks.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Yes and yes. I was sim swapped thanks to a Verizon manager and like you said they went after my email, backup email then my blockchain account. You won’t be getting any money back from blockchain. If you wish to continue using blockchain you can but you’ll need a new account. I started using blockstream green with no email or sms 2FA, only way to send BTC out is Google Authenticator. If you really want to be secure, get a hardware wallet. I use ledger but they also leaked some of my personal info. There’s other hardware wallets but I can’t speak for them because I’ve never used one. Trezor and Safepal come to mind. Did you get access back to your email and blockchain account?

thebigcurt
    thebigcurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

Thanks for that feedback. I do have access to my email and blockchain account and have changed those passwords already. Unfortunately the damage is done already. I really thought I had more protection than that. I need to diversify my login and passwords for sure.

I just wish I could determine the source of this and how it all happened in order to protect my other information.