onetrikpony
    onetrikpony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2480

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It does seem like that doesn't it?

If it is like that, how can it be that way?

Money does not (shouldn't) just appear from nowhere to pay all the winners without any losers.

I think I know what it is telling us.

Anyone else feeling me?
    There have been plenty of losers in fact most people have lost money in crypto, they buy pumps (FOMO) then panic sell dips then rebuy higher have no idea which coins have longevity, when to take profits how to ladder in buys, ladder out sells. how and where and when to use and place a stop loss and if one triggers when and if to re enter the positionIt isn't as easy as it sounds

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by onetrikpony View Post

There have been plenty of losers in fact most people have lost money in crypto, they buy pumps (FOMO) then panic sell dips then rebuy higher have no idea which coins have longevity, when to take profits how to ladder in buys, ladder out sells. how and where and when to use and place a stop loss and if one triggers when and if to re enter the positionIt isn't as easy as it sounds
    Do you think the same about Bitcoin itself?

I'd guess a lot of people took losses in Dec 2017 buying in near 20k and bailing out with 20-50% losses.

But has there really been enough losers or real injected money to explain all the winners.

And even if it is all legit. At some point many losses will have to be realized to balance the books.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

It does seem like that doesn't it?

If it is like that, how can it be that way?

Money does not (shouldn't) just appear from nowhere to pay all the winners without any losers.

I think I know what it is telling us.

Anyone else feeling me?
    What I meant by dart was that all you really had to do was enter crypto(My thing is Bitcoin and has always been bitcoin for the most part, just dabble in other stuff from time to time) at some point within a few years ago to be successful. And its not like bitcoin is going anywhere so you don't have to rush to make any kind of moves, take it however you want.

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Are you saying crypto is a Ponzi?

It's not an easy concept to take in. Supply and demand. If everyone sold all their Bitcoin at once, the last guy out would only be selling for a few satoshis. (not counting BTC forever lost).

Exchanges make money on fees, loans and bad traders. Underneath it all, crypto encourages long term investing. As long as the faith in crypto is strong, it will keep going onward and upward. Crypto is still in it's infancy, still onboarding newcomers. There may come a day when the volatility is completely gone but not anytime soon....
    I think he just misunderstood what I was even saying. But there is no way Bitcoin is anyway close to being a Ponzi, can't speak for other coins. Yes(Crypto is still in it's infancy), that was my message I was trying to relay.

onetrikpony

Do you think the same about Bitcoin itself?

I'd guess a lot of people took losses in Dec 2017 buying in near 20k and bailing out with 20-50% losses.

But has there really been enough losers or real injected money to explain all the winners.

And even if it is all legit. At some point many losses will have to be realized to balance the books.
    People that just bought and held, never selling are almost all up. Most aren't patient and disciplined enough to do it.Not just in the drop from $20000 in 2017/2018. This year 2021 in a raging bull market we had 2 significant draw downs with plenty of panic selling on the drop from $65000 to $30000

toddsclowns
    toddsclowns's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37378

Last three posts spot on. It’s still very early, and as this house of cards the printing press has constructed start to fall, the only place to go will be Bitcoin. Gold is a joke anymore, as are most metals. The hot one now is battery metals (no not your used double A’s). Small cap stocks getting massacred while somehow the big indexes continue to tick up. Bitcoin is what money is supposed to be - once more start to realize it, it won’t be fomo, it’ll be necessity. Buy some every week, month, whatever you can realistically afford. BOL

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

No bitcoin for me. I think it will eventually be worth next to nothing. Good run however and let's see if it will settle down and be less volatile. If they can limit the competition from other coins and stabilize a little more, I may pick some up.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

Who puts money into a speculation and never takes any out?

DOJ is going to get it in the USA!

Just a matter of time for some big fish to get nailed for not paying taxes on their gains.

The whole thing would collapse. PayPal, Coinbase, Kraken would all fully cooperate and provide full disclosure on every USD transaction you ever made

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19201

Not intended as a ponzi. But maybe its been played by outsiders to be be a partial ponzi.

There seems to have been too much winning to be logically possible. Especially with Bitcoin itself.............
    It's the hodlers that keep Bitcoin afloat, I think, and prevent Bitcoin going to zero. The reason the price goes up is there are more people getting in than getting out (obviously). When the price goes down, the reverse happens.

Andre Antonopolous famously tells a story about how when he first came across the Bitcoin whitepaper, he proceeded to spend the next few months barely sleeping or eating such was the light that went off in his head. I don't understand all the nuances myself (mining, etc.) but the message was that Bitcoin was sound economically.

I agree with you about Tether and some of the stablecoins. Tether always has been kinda fishy but who hodl's Tether? Not I. Get in, get out with that one. Seems like there was an audit some time back about the way Bitfinex and Tether interact.... They had to show that they had the financial backing to cover the supply. My guess is there probably was some hanky panky going on in the back room but nonetheless, Tether still survives.

And as onetrikpony mentions, there are plenty of losers. It's not the best for a short term hold (how many times have we seen someone post "my $1000 withdraw is now only worth $800!"). Mostly those that are looking for a fast buck, undisciplined, etc...... Hold for 5 or 10 years and it's almost guaranteed that you will make money.

onetrikpony

Some people just don't get it but some do

toddsclowns
    toddsclowns's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37378

Reading this thread just shows how early it is for Bitcoin. Couple guys who get it, rest are regurgitating crap they’ve heard on tv. Do yourselves a favor and read Bitcoin Standard if you haven’t already, and study the definition of what money is, and isn’t. One US dollar in 2000 is currently worth 61 cents. Mass insanity
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pablo222

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Bitcoin blood bath right now

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25558

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Bitty will double in a years time. That's what the experts are saying.

Slow consistent gains every few months until it doubles in a year. Bitcoin is the safest Crypto currency investment. Others you gotta roll the dice a bit but will probably perform better..
    Yes we all know that BTC is slow and steady with constant gains with low volatility. Definitely not a rollercoaster.

And we all know that BTC will be double what it is today in one year, even though that is completely opposite of what previous cycles have shown us.

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Yes we all know that BTC is slow and steady with constant gains with low volatility. Definitely not a rollercoaster.

And we all know that BTC will be double what it is today in one year, even though that is completely opposite of what previous cycles have shown us.
    After what went on this year, i'm changing my tune for what other cycles have shown us. What your saying sounds so true.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post

Bitcoin showing peaks and dips now. Bit of a roller coaster. No crypto is immune to ups and downs right now, not even bitcoin.

onetrikpony

Quote Originally Posted by onetrikpony View Post
    BTC dumps

Yet my portfolio goes up

$LUNA is King
    If you're a hodler short term price doesn't matter.
    $LUNA is undervalued, price is catching up. Watch what happens during a bear market when people move large amounts into stables and $LUNA is ready and waiting.
    Do Kwon

Master of Stablecoin #Luna
    The lunar cycle has just only begun

hit new all time high today What is all the crypto crash fuss about?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

guys,

just trust jibby

he's kind of an expert

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    guys,

just trust jibby

he's kind of an expert
    Not an expert but I do ok with my business and investment adventures in life. Glad you recognize success CHI when you see and read it. Smart ass.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Don't hold longterm. Sell high..buy low. I have been buing in the 40's and selling in the 60's. Only idiots hold volatile currencies forever.

First 12