littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

crypto cards be careful w fraud

heads up... i had my account drained the other day by someone who got a hold of my virtual number made a card and hit a restaurant states away from me for 1K. I used card same day and was lucky I only had that on it as days prior was 4X that balance. Be careful and try to use or withdrawal funds fast and not leave much on card to be safe.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Was this Bitpay?

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    Was this Bitpay?
    yea...unreal story too the guy shows up next night at same place and gets nabbed

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

What an idiot but how did he get a hold of your virtual card number?

littlekona

No idea..i use it online all the time so maybe hackers of some site or breach at bitpay

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Made up a card suggests you were skimmed. Not just someone who got your card number.

If you could make a card just from the card number anyone you buy from could potentially do it.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Made up a card suggests you were skimmed. Not just someone who got your card number.

If you could make a card just from the card number anyone you buy from could potentially do it.

It was the virtual card number tied into account not the physical card. That is what is puzzling. So they did not press charges the guy told them it was a friends card or a friend let him use it and not his and they said if he paid cash for the bill no charges. 700$ bottle of Remy Martin LOL