pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Blockchain sending entire btc balance?

So I had about $370 in btc in blockchain -- i went in to send just $100 to Nitro, which i've done a million times. I log back in and it's saying I sent the entire $370 balance.. i'm like hmm ok, that's odd, pretty certain I didn't do that, i only sent $100, but let me see how much Nitro credits me with. As expected, they only credit me the $100 (which is all I sent).

i'm looking at the transaction summary on blockchain and now I see the $100 i sent to nitro, and then the remaining $272 listed as a separate transaction going to another btc address?

I've done this simple blockchain to Nitro transaction so many times, most of the time it's not my entire balance, and have never had an issue. Anyone have any idea what may have happened?

bvevnuti7712
    bvevnuti7712's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Hm, that's interesting, do you have the TX number? Because the remaining balance being sent to a separate address is normal, I think it's referred to as a change address, and it should be an address that is in your Blockchain wallet, so they send the $100 to your nitro deposit address and the rest of your balance is instantly sent right back to your wallet you sent from. You usually wouldn't even know that a change address was used unless you look up your transaction ID and check the break down of where you sent your payment and how much, and see how much and where the remainder of your balance was sent back to your wallet. Hopefully that makes sense.
    Points Awarded:

pattymayo gave bvevnuti7712 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    So I had about $370 in btc in blockchain -- i went in to send just $100 to Nitro, which i've done a million times. I log back in and it's saying I sent the entire $370 balance.. i'm like hmm ok, that's odd, pretty certain I didn't do that, i only sent $100, but let me see how much Nitro credits me with. As expected, they only credit me the $100 (which is all I sent).

i'm looking at the transaction summary on blockchain and now I see the $100 i sent to nitro, and then the remaining $272 listed as a separate transaction going to another btc address?

I've done this simple blockchain to Nitro transaction so many times, most of the time it's not my entire balance, and have never had an issue. Anyone have any idea what may have happened?
    is it still in your blockchain wallet? They create a new address and send your remaining balance there.
    Points Awarded:

pattymayo gave Waterstpub87 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15306

As they said above, it's back in your wallet as change.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Found it?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Appreciate the info gents, thanks, yes the remaining balance was back in my wallet this AM.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave pattymayo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.