raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15108

Cacadeasinthe - are you a limit bettor?

Cicadasinthe
    Cicadasinthe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I have spoken to the mystery linked account. They’re another bettor on a boxing forum I’m on and they said they were locked out of their account, with my username as the reason. They post their plays, going back ages, so I checked for a betting pattern Nitrogen mentioned. Last week 2 plays the same. The week before that, 1. And I’ve only had the Nitrogen account since the 24th August, hardly time for a pattern. Boxing is a small market for betting, especially if it’s no name fights you’ve action on, so I can see maybe why they’d say there’s a link. We are both on VPN, obviously both on Nitrogen and bet large amounts. But a link to its’ definitely 100% multi accounting no winnings close account within 4 weeks is madness.

Anyway, I’ve told Nitrogen. If this ain’t the problem, it will be the IP verification which they still haven’t answered about.
    Last edited by Cicadasinthe; 09-18-21 at 06:35 AM.

Cicadasinthe

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Cacadeasinthe - are you a limit bettor?
    What’d you mean?

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Cicadasinthe View Post
    What’d you mean?
    If the maximum bet on a game is 0.1 BTC, have you been betting 0.1 BTC on the game or close to that amount?

Cicadasinthe

Mostly max.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It should not be that simple.

And I am fairly sure it is not that simple at Nitro.

They allow many people to use a VPN on their site. They should not (and don't?) just arbitrarily invoke the rule as a reason to confiscate without something more involved.

If the OP really has no idea who this other account could be, he should dig his heels in, insist he does not and offer to give them anything they might need to help re-assure themselves he is telling the truth.

If he does have some idea who this other person is, he should tell them and explain the connection and why they have bet on the same things. And if there was no intent to bet over the limit as a joint syndicate, hopefully the majority of their betting will support that claim.

These are the two best chances he has to see his rather large winnings balance.

Don't worry about the VPN or UK location thing too much. It's just a side issue.
    But if hes does kyc and is located in UK how does any of this matter. It basically stops there. This seems similar to the cloud bet case while back where usa guy was using VPN and got caught...If your in a jurisdiction nitro dont allow and get caught deposit back and void winnings is standard. They allow VPN but when withdrawal time comes they want to know exact location. Most all books will gladly take your deposit let you wager BUT when withdrawal time comes is when they let you know things like OP is experiencing. Is it right we can argue but thats the offshore world its not like a regulated USA book.

raiders72001

Mostly max.
    This could be the problem. If there's another account betting on the same teams, you may be multi-accounting to circumvent limits. That along with living in the UK adds up to trouble for you.

raiders72001

Nitrogen no longer clones Pinny so you can get the best line there on one side at times.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

I have spoken to the mystery linked account. They’re another bettor on a boxing forum I’m on and they said they were locked out of their account, with my username as the reason. They post their plays, going back ages, so I checked for a betting pattern Nitrogen mentioned. Last week 2 plays the same. The week before that, 1. And I’ve only had the Nitrogen account since the 24th August, hardly time for a pattern. Boxing is a small market for betting, especially if it’s no name fights you’ve action on, so I can see maybe why they’d say there’s a link. We are both on VPN, obviously both on Nitrogen and bet large amounts. But a link to its’ definitely 100% multi accounting no winnings close account within 4 weeks is madness.

Anyway, I’ve told Nitrogen. If this ain’t the problem, it will be the IP verification which they still haven’t answered about.
    I agree with what @Optional posted. The book is not directly concerned about the VPN or location. The book is concerned with multiple accounts betting the same outcome to exceed the betting limit. Whether it's 1 person with the 2nd account or a beard with the 2nd account isn't going to make much difference. The account holders will have to show the accounts have made enough different bets on different events for the accounts to be separate, they'll need to show bets were made on different machines, and they'll need to show the forum history which would indicate the 2nd account merely following the picks posted by a tout - which is not a reason for account winnings seizure.

It's going to be hard, (and just about everyone suspects this is 1 person multi-accounting again), but the fact that the book is still talking suggests they're open to reason.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

How did you find this person? Sheer luck?

raiders72001

edit

Cicadasinthe

No, the group is pretty small, and when they mentioned a locked Nitrogen account, a bell went off.

Cicadasinthe

This multi-accounting thing isn’t new. Googling Nitrogen locked account brings up the same instances of maybe tailing, maybe sharing plays, or maybe bad luck of being linked to other accounts. There’s this thread on bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5239947.0where one account was an affiliate of another, were friends in the same city, shared plays and even they got paid out after losing their balance originally, because this isn’t feasible.
    Last edited by Cicadasinthe; 09-18-21 at 07:22 PM.

DontTailMe

This multi-accounting thing isn’t new. Googling Nitrogen locked account brings up the same instances of maybe tailing, maybe sharing plays, or maybe bad luck of being linked to other accounts. There’s this thread on bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5239947.0where one account was an affiliate of another, were friends in the same city, shared plays and even they got paid out after losing their balance originally, because this isn’t feasible.
    Yes. Like I mentioned upthread, this has come up a bunch of times. If you are truly separate people and truly made the plays on each of your own, then you should be able to prove it. Good luck.

Cicadasinthe

The last message I sent, I asked is there another way to show unmasked IP, could you help maybe. It took 5 days for this response.

DontTailMe

The last message I sent, I asked is there another way to show unmasked IP, could you help maybe. It took 5 days for this response.

Have you answered their question and done what they asked? Keep us posted.

Cicadasinthe

I have. But that’s the same canned response I got last week about IP. Direct questions don’t get answered.

Cicadasinthe

]

Last edited by Cicadasinthe; 09-21-21 at 05:00 AM.

Cicadasinthe

They gave me the winnings, and opened the account. Very strange.

SportsBettor74
    SportsBettor74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2802

Wow. So after all the above you have your winnings and your deposit and all is ok?

Congrats. It's a great result for you.

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Guys, there could be more than one thing going on here. I don't know about this UK stuff, but nitro says there are multiple accounts at play. We've seen this in the past, and the players have gotten their money after showing that the similar betting patters were due to a group of friends sharing picks. Nitro seems reasonable in this regard.
    You weren't friends, but they proved to be reasonable when faced with evidence.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

Thank you for the update. Presumably you passed their id checks and the book doesn't seize funds just because they can. Good to know for other account holders. Hopefully you'll clear using a VPN with books before you do it in the future. Congrats on the outcome and congrats on winning the money in the first place.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Great news!

I bet your honesty pointing out how you may be connected with the other guy paid off.

And not that strange for them really. Been several threads on here that are a bit like this one over the years.

Craig22
    Craig22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

What happens if a couple of people buy picks from the same guy and then max bet the plays on Nitrogen?

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by Craig22 View Post
    What happens if a couple of people buy picks from the same guy and then max bet the plays on Nitrogen?
    If nitro even links them, then they show they're separate people and everything's fine. Just as in this and similar threads.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

I have a similar issue with Nitro right now and I can't log into my account anymore.

Is the live chat only available when logged-in?

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    I have a similar issue with Nitro right now and I can't log into my account anymore.

Is the live chat only available when logged-in?
    I'm not sure about chat because I accidentally self excluded myself while excluding other things. But this email has always responded very quickly to login issues for me.

support@nitrogensports.eu

lonnie55

The issue has been resolved and my account re-opened.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

lonnie55

What a weird book. After I successfully paid out 0.12 BTC, they suspended my account again. Allegedly for a "security check" run "on randomly selected accounts".

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13510

What a weird book. After I successfully paid out 0.12 BTC, they suspended my account again. Allegedly for a "security check" run "on randomly selected accounts".

They did this for me too. It was literally peanuts too. I think I tried to withdraw like .005 btc or something and they took 2 days to pay me after doing a security check.

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    They did this for me too. It was literally peanuts too. I think I tried to withdraw like .005 btc or something and they took 2 days to pay me after doing a security check.
    Live chat said they would have to investigate my recent activity, although I did not even place one bet since my last withdrawal.

So they
    -> suspended my account
    -> reviewed my account
    -> told me everything was alright
    -> paid 0.12 BTC with 0.03 BTC remaining balance
    - then basically nothing happens -
    -> they suspend my account again for a check of recent activity.

Okay.

First 12