snider
    snider's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quit Gemini anyway. They suck

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Oh there you are TMS!

Can you see why you saying that in threads where new people are asking for real advice is misleading and unhelpful to them?

Honestly, I think people who muddy the waters for new people, in almost every thread they ask about middle man wallets, are acting like complete assholes. And they feel the need to do it in every thread about it too. Tiring.

So PLEASE, do not come back and report on your three transfers. It proves nothing. Just do what the hell you want and stop disseminating bad info to others.
    The only time I ever promoted Gemini To Book was when the BTC fees were $20.00+ etc. And some poster indicated that he didn't want to pay the fees. Gemini is the only exchange in which covers the fees on 10 networking transactions a month for FREE. Yes, there is a risk involved.

You can pull up any other BTC thread.... I never promoted them unless a poster wanted to "save" on networking fees. There are countless posts in which I said... "DO USE A MIDDLE MAN". Never once did I say use this in excess. I said... use it here and there.

I don't believe posters are telling the total truth in how they are handling their Gemini accounts. I believe they are using them excessively. Clearly you will have issues in which you're "using" them as a wallet... for your wagering needs. At least be a little discreet about it.

I only use Gemini to purchase BTC... and send straight to books. I have never used them for PO purposes... or even to SELL BTC. I have other ways in doing that. This also allows me to know which exchange is ratting me out to the govt for other reasons. Whether it's purely buying or selling. Gemini has never gave me a tax document. Whether... I'm just lucky so far... or my days are numbered... I can't complain.

If anyone will hang you out to dry... it's Coinbase. They would turn their own mother in for minimal BTC transactions. Flat out ridiculous.

Good to see you as well Optional... hope all is well.
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 06-18-21 at 08:51 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by snider View Post
    Quit Gemini anyway. They suck
    If they suck... who else do you use?

snider

[QUOTE=TheMoneyShot;30352925]If they suck... who else do you use?[/QUOTE

snider

TMS is 63rd

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

If American and playing by the rules I think Kraken is best exchange to use

snider

Gemini shouldn't be used for anything period. Any is better

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

What should I say to Gemini to keep my acct? Can I just play dumb and say i didn’t know that was against the rules. Wont happen again type of bs?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Exchanges are not for offshore gambling

Get a new account Gemini no use

Kracken the same as are
    Many others

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by snider View Post
    Gemini shouldn't be used for anything period. Any is better

Gemini is the best for Americans

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    What should I say to Gemini to keep my acct? Can I just play dumb and say i didn’t know that was against the rules. Wont happen again type of bs?
    I think they are saying you can keep the account if you say you understand and wont do it again. And just tell them the truth to explain the transfers.

But you probably wont get way with just saying that and continuing to use them for betting funds.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lesson here

Crypto is very public

They know everything about you and where every transaction goes

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11420

Kraken is the best of all the us-based exchanges but you shouldn't use it as a wallet. It's meant to be an exchange to trade crypto not for a wallet .Buy a ledger or create your own hardware wallet.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    As Funny says, making up a story can be a bigger pain the bum than just telling the truth.

I would just reply and say I did not know anyone else I dealt with had a Gemini account, I am not doing any business, just transferring funds and I will not use Gemini to send funds to bookmakers again. If you want to keep the account.
    good advice

just get a hardware wallet

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Never ever admit gambling as per terms they can frezze and or seize funds....i always say things along lines of purchasing computer & online related services, funding of gift and prepaid cards and personal investments......the less you say the better but if they ask for to much just ignore and move on plenty of options available

First 12