Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

hmmmmmmm

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Do you mean for bitcoin you purchased within their wallet? Or just is it safe to transfer to a book from there directly?

Vyasports

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Do you mean for bitcoin you purchased within their wallet? Or just is it safe to transfer to a book from there directly?
    uhh both actually, BTC purchased from them then sending it directly to a book...

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11420

Exchanges like blockchain.com and crypto.com are not based in the US so you are fine. You only have to worry about US based exchanges due to regulations.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Vyasports View Post

uhh both actually, BTC purchased from them then sending it directly to a book...
    If you purchased bitcoin there, via their 3rd party exchanger service, you are now subject to the terms of that exchanger. Which will be similar to Coinbase and Gemini etc.

So, technically you probably should not send direct to a bookmaker anymore from there.

But honestly, I have never heard one report of anyone even being questioned about bitcoin usage through blockchain wallet. So personally I would probably do the simplest/cheapest option and send direct.

If they do object, I believe all they will do is make you take your bitcoin elsewhere and close your account. Or maybe even only block exchange services and leave you with the wallet.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Exchanges like blockchain.com and crypto.com are not based in the US so you are fine. You only have to worry about US based exchanges due to regulations.
    Pretty sure the blockchain service is USA licensed. Or it was when first launched. If it has changed.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Pretty sure the blockchain service is USA licensed. Or it was when first launched. If it has changed.
    It was founded in the UK but currently based in Luxembourg.

Optional

It was founded in the UK but currently based in Luxembourg.
    Blockchain? Or the 3rd party service who offers exchange services for them?

I was talking about the latter. Unless it has changed recently, it was USA licensed.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Blockchain? Or the 3rd party service who offers exchange services for them?

I was talking about the latter. Unless it has changed recently, it was USA licensed.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inv...market-4764120

Optional

Is that link to suggest I was incorrect?

US users using the exchange service available through the blockchain wallet are using a company called Blockchain Access.

"Blockchain Access is a registered Money Services Business in the United States. As such, it collects and records customer information consistent with the risk-based approach required by, e.g., the United States Bank Secrecy Act."

Same laws to follow as Coinbase or Gemini as I said.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

It's very vague because that article states the exchange operates out of London so go figure. I think as long as you are sending Bitcoin back and forth through their wallet without buying through the exchange, it should be fine. I've gotten banned by coinbase and cashapp but never the blockchain wallet because they are based in a country that allows gambling, I don't think they care.

Optional

It's very vague because that article states the exchange operates out of London so go figure. I think as long as you are sending Bitcoin back and forth through their wallet without buying through the exchange, it should be fine. I've gotten banned by coinbase and cashapp but never the blockchain wallet because they are based in a country that allows gambling, I don't think they care.
    I've not heard of anyone being quizzed by them about gambling use either.

Vyasports

If you purchased bitcoin there, via their 3rd party exchanger service, you are now subject to the terms of that exchanger. Which will be similar to Coinbase and Gemini etc.

So, technically you probably should not send direct to a bookmaker anymore from there.

But honestly, I have never heard one report of anyone even being questioned about bitcoin usage through blockchain wallet. So personally I would probably do the simplest/cheapest option and send direct.

If they do object, I believe all they will do is make you take your bitcoin elsewhere and close your account. Or maybe even only block exchange services and leave you with the wallet.
    Thanks Opti, but as it turns out I CANNOT use their exchange due to restrictions on certain countries (in my case Mauritius) But weird thing is I CAN use their wallet.... Next I'm gonna try CEX.IO and coinmama... anybody used them recently? any feedback? Also if any Mauritian reading this, could you point me in the right direction...I've been trying to gather info on reliable ways for Betting with BTC for Mauritians ...

Vyasports

Ummmm No I cannot buy...

Optional

From Mauritius you should have no problem using Australian licensed exchanges. Which do not care at all about gambling use.

You may need to use wires, but that would not bother me.

independentreserve.com and coinspot.com.au are a couple.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vyasports

Vyasports

From Mauritius you should have no problem using Australian licensed exchanges. Which do not care at all about gambling use.

You may need to use wires, but that would not bother me.

independentreserve.com and coinspot.com.au are a couple.
    Update: Unfortuantely Mauritians are not able to open accounts with independentreserve.com & coinspot.com.au