Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Swap for Hardware Wallets

As I dust myself off from the recent crypto "smackdown" I'm hoping there's a lesson to be learned here.

Does anybody recommend or discourage a "SWAP" site that supposedly connects to one's hardware wallet?

It was cumbersome and costly to go HARDWARE WALLET > EXCHANGE > BANK to escape the plunge.

A quick trade that doesn't compromise a HARDWARE WALLET's keys makes sense, but I'm reluctant to "link" or "sync" a HARDWARE WALLET to a "SWAP" site.

Any blockchain veterans have an opinion on this strategy they might want to share with a newcomer to the crypto and blockchain environment?

Thanks...... Hopefully the storm is over

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19189

Look into these:

Changelly

Coinswitch

I've never used either but they have a pretty good reputation. Basically, you send Coin A to an address they furnish and then they send you Coin B to an address that you furnish. Have no idea what the fees are but pretty sure you will get that info when you confirm the transaction. I think they need an email for minimum KYC but don't know how far that goes.

There's also Kyberswap. This is one where you can link your hardware wallet to the website. I've never used this one either but haven't ever heard of any mischief going on....

I would look into Youtube tutorials/reviews on all three and see which one is more to your liking...

Also, the Exodus desktop wallet has a built-in swap feature but it can get pricey...

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Thanks, Ark.

I opened a Changely account, but I gotta say it's too daunting for this beginner.

I putted around and found that one can do a swap from Trezor.

Exchanges like Changenow and Changely popped up.

The transmission time was about 40 minuets and pricey for a BTC swap.

Even an ETH swap wasn't cheap.

It seems to me the quickest and cheapest method is keeping one's coins in an exchange, and then swapping if the situation permits.

But as a beginner I know one is not supposed to keep one's coins in an exchange. (not a substantial amount anyway)

My hard lesson learned is that one's gotta move quickly during a dive.

I checked out faa.st

The site wanted access to my "keys", and that just doesn't sound good.

Thanks for the help, brother.

Hoping for a mini bull run........