Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Kucoin

Just registered at KUCOIN.

Noticed during the "get verified" process that USA isn't in the drop-down list.

However they give "other" as an option.

Does anybody have any experience they wouldn't mind sharing about this exchange?

Do they accept USA customers?
    2FA available?

Don't mean to be lazy, and I could go ahead with the process and perhaps find out.

But with sensitive stuff such as this, I wanted to check with SBR members first.

Any input will be appreciated......thanks

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19122

Yes, they accept USA customers. Yes to 2FA. It's been so long that I don't remember if they do full KYC - I don't remember if I ever had to give them my SSN....

It is one of those exchanges that give you a main account and a trading account and you have to move your crypto between the two to trade or deposit/withdraw. You create a pin# so you can trade.

I think it is their withdraws that can be a little tricky. They require you to enter 2FA, a PIN number, I think and then send you an email verification (check your spam folder), and you have only seconds to get all that in. I suggest spending some time clicking around and learning how to navigate every thing....

cornmeal
    cornmeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1208

kucoin is solid - never an issue.
    Like Arky said you have to transfer from main account to trading account which to me is really unnecessary but it is what is....
    Withdrawals fast - solid withdrawal limits

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15294

To add what was said above, KYC is only required to withdraw more than 5 BTC in a day. I've used KuCoin with no problems.
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave raiders72001 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Kucoin accurate off the app? Also, has anyone ever bought on one exchange to transfer and sell at another because the price is 5-10% different? Does it even work that way? Lol

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    Is Kucoin accurate off the app? Also, has anyone ever bought on one exchange to transfer and sell at another because the price is 5-10% different? Does it even work that way? Lol

From wiki:

Arbitrage

In economics and finance, arbitrage is the practice of taking advantage of a price difference between two or more markets: striking a combination of matching deals that capitalize upon the imbalance, the profit being the difference between the market prices at which the unit is traded.
    Happens all the time...

Roscoe_Word

Thank you for all the input, fellas.

I'm having a little trouble receiving a 2FA code from them.

Will check with CS....I probably did something wrong.

I have my Kraken account and am waiting for a delivery of a Ledger Nano X.

I noticed that some of the more profitable coins (tokens) sometimes aren't available at Kraken. (or maybe not even at Ledger Live)
    VeChain comes to mind.

This is a very interesting endeavor even though I'm late to the game and a bit technologically challenged.

My coins have appreciated already about 2% at the time of this post.

Thanks again (Ark et al) for the newbie help and informative posts.

Tried to give some bet points, but it didn't work.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Kucoin is a great exchange for a lot of the coins the big exchanges don't carry.

There's many coins on the Ethereum blockchain (ERC-20). If it has an Ethereum address (starts with "0x"), then Ledger should support it.

I learned a lot from Youtube videos. Search Youtube for help when you run into snags.... chances are, someone has made a video about it.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

I've been using KuCoin for a few months now. Put in $990 to test it out and have made about $45 so far in interest gained. Pretty passive income and a lot better than a standard checking/savings account.

Roscoe_Word

Did anyone have any trouble uploading your ID for the KYC process?

I have a jpg file that's 4MB. That's KuCoin's "upload" limit.

But it won't accept the upload.

Maybe my jpg ID file is a little more than 4MB.

Goin out on a limb here, but does anyone think that using one of the online "compressing" programs will reduce the bytes of the jpg ID file?

Thereby enabling the successful upload to Kucoin.

Was also wondering that during the "enter country of residence" stage, it didn't have the U.S. (it said enter "other", which I did).

Wonder why it would have obscure and remote countries, but not list the U.S.?

Sorry for all the "micro" questions.

Just an old dog tryin to learn new tricks.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

I believe there are different levels of KYC. You may be entering into a KYC level you don't need. Go to Account and click on it or look for KYC Verification or find it in one of the tabs. My status is "unverified" - that limits me to less than 5 BTC withdraws/day. That's all you need unless you're a high roller.

Have you tried depositing, yet?

As to the photos, you probably just need to resize them - 4mb is enormous.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    I believe there are different levels of KYC. You may be entering into a KYC level you don't need. Go to Account and click on it or look for KYC Verification or find it in one of the tabs. My status is "unverified" - that limits me to less than 5 BTC withdraws/day. That's all you need unless you're a high roller.

Have you tried depositing, yet?

As to the photos, you probably just need to resize them - 4mb is enormous.

Haven't deposited yet, Ark; as I'm new and feeling my way around.

Thanks for the KYC info; I thought an upload would be required no matter what exchange one chooses to go.

Got my hands full with the Kraken offered coins, and have a ledger on the way.

Got stuck in a hard place with my BTC being held in a Trezor.

Watching the value diminish; yet unloading is costly with the high BTC mining costs.

Could alleviate that by holding assets in an exchange where you can "swap-buy-sell" and just pay exchange fees.

But that is not encouraged. Know one's crypto is supposed to be stored in a "cold" hardware wallet.

Hoping the Ledger gives me a little "breathing room" by trading in Ledger Live and storing in Ledger Nano.

Thanks for your info and input.

This endeavor can keep one "up" at night. (LOL)

Harder than sportsbettin.