BOWLSZN
    BOWLSZN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3091

BTC Fees being very high

Hello thought i should ask other posters so i have sent two transactions via Blockchain wallet to a pph service provider and the fees have been very expensive almost 25$ on some occasions when i send from cash app to blockchain its been every small fees does anyone have any tips thanks i can send the blockchain transaction to show the fees

bfl1000
    bfl1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2148

Yeah it's ridiculous. What's the point of using this for transactions if the fees are crazy. Blockchain is even crazier because they don't use segwit which I believe make the avg miner fee 50 percent cheaper by using some type of accounting trick as I understand it. I know Coinbase uses it which is why btc fees are cheaper there, however the fees to send other cryptos on Coinbase are crazy high.

I'm also curious how miner fees work when you use a bitcoin atm. I used one this morning to deposit to my BAS account and it's been about 6 hours and zero confirmations. I used an atm on Sunday and it took about 3hrs for 1 confirmation. Sometimes BAS deposits the amount as soon as it shows up on the blockchain which is usually in seconds. Other times its 2 network confirmations before money hits BAS account. I'm about to use btcnitro to accelerate. Crazy. It seems as if crypto crashes fees will be better. So I hope crypto crashes.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

The fee is dependent on the physical byte size of your transfer.

If your wallet uses more than 1 "input" (like using 2 x $10 bills instead of 1 x $20 bill to pay for something) it increases the byte size of the transaction and makes it more complex for the miner to solve/confirm the transaction. More time and electricity = higher miner costs.

Ways to minimize this is to learn how to read this webpage https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/ and check what it says is the optimum fee right now (under the graph)

Then manually set your wallet to use that exact fee.

Or watch the site and try to pick a time when the optimum fee is lower.

Another poster recently suggested that he finds sending on weekends costs a lot less. I haven't checked that out for myself but worth watching for this weekend if you can hold off until then.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Bitpay is Crazy to load card too... network fee near $5 plus miners fee of $11 (And I have set it on super economy too) . I have been sending last month or so to books via LocalBitcoin mostly and its been great with confirmations under 10 mins and an amazing fee of only 0.00004831 (2.75$)