MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Has anyone here staked their Luna on Terra Station? Am curious on how it went for those who have?

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18868

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Has anyone here staked their Luna on Terra Station? Am curious on how it went for those who have?
    Yep, right here. Recommend getting the Desktop Terra Station Wallet and the browser extension so you can claim airdrops (Anchor and Mirror).

I have a Ledger so I went that route. But Ledger not necessary.

This is the tutorial I used.

I've got a figure out why haven't got a Mirror airdrop in a while...

The airdrop schedule can be found here.
    Points Awarded:

MickeyMan gave Arky 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MickeyMan

Thanks Arky, appreciate the response.

Would you consider staking to be risky or is it pretty safe?

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Wow, thanks for the BPs.

Yes, it's safe. Especially, since LUNA and UST staking is non-custodial/not an exchange. Gotta wait 21 days if you decide to unstake.

I'd say about 80% of my portfolio is staked in one way or another. So far, no problems.

onetrikpony
    onetrikpony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2480

Nice @staderlabs
    about to launch there liquid token $LunaxWhich is gonna free your staked luna from the 21 days unstaking period Rwards Will also skyrocketSince lunax is only a tokenized form of your stake. U can sell it anytime u want.

Liquid token $LunaX is coming tomorrow, 8am EST. Here’s how to join the community farming party in 2 simple steps:
    Step #1: Connect your wallet to Stader and stake your $LUNA. Just click the “stake button” and choose the amount.

Stader Labs

@staderlabs

·
    5h

Step #2: Once staked... Pair up $LunaX with $LUNA and provide liquidity in the LunaX <> LUNA pool. It’s as simple as clicking the button that says “Add Liquidity

Once you click the “Add Liquidity” button... You'll be taken to TerraSwap where you can add $LunaX and $LUNA to the Liquidity Pool.
    To farm the $SD tokens, you must deposit an equal amount of $LUNA and $LunaX to the pool. So make sure to have enough of both. After staking your $LUNA, you can view your $LunaX amount here

After the massive success of Plain Staking Community Farming, we’re coming with the Liquid Staking Community Farm. There are 1.5 million (1%) SD tokens up for grabs, with a possible addition of another 1%. Gates open tomorrow at 8 AM EST.

Points Awarded:

Arky gave onetrikpony 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by onetrikpony View Post
    Nice @staderlabs
    about to launch there liquid token $LunaxWhich is gonna free ........................

Good find and interesting. Bookmarked staderlabs.com

Up to 25% more returns but looks a little bit more complicated than the default staking. I think I would have to unstake what I got going, now. I'll wait for a tutorial to come out on Youtube and check it out....

onetrikpony

The beginning of a new era, for stakers like meThanks for giving us this great platform!
    Stader Labs

@staderlabs

We're LIVE.Start liquid staking: https://terra.staderlabs.com/lt-pools

onetrikpony

Not saying to jump in they haven't been audited yet Maybe dip a toe at first if it interests someone

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15096

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Thanks Arky, appreciate the response.

Would you consider staking to be risky or is it pretty safe?
    Like Arky said, it's safe. Most of the time staking is safe but yield farming where you add liquidity to both sides can be risky. Sometimes the words are used interchangeably but they are different.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 12-08-21 at 03:49 PM.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Like Arky said, it's safe. Most of the time staking is safe but yield farming where you add liquidity to both sides can be risky. Sometimes the words are used interchangeably but they are different.
    I'm a total n00b to farming. I was clicking around the Mirror web app and saw the "Farm" tab yesterday and clicked on it. I put in about $6 worth of Mirror and had to add $6 worth of UST - I had both in my browser extension wallet. That gave me something called "MIR-UST LP" (LP = liquidity pool?). Looks like it pays 18.63% interest. Today I checked and I have .001191 MIR as a reward. Eheh. I have no idea what I am doing.

https://mirrorprotocol.app/#/my

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    I'm a total n00b to farming. I was clicking around the Mirror web app and saw the "Farm" tab yesterday and clicked on it. I put in about $6 worth of Mirror and had to add $6 worth of UST - I had both in my browser extension wallet. That gave me something called "MIR-UST LP" (LP = liquidity pool?). Looks like it pays 18.63% interest. Today I checked and I have .001191 MIR as a reward. Eheh. I have no idea what I am doing.

https://mirrorprotocol.app/#/my
    Seems you're doing fine to me getting interest on your money. LP does equal liquidity pool and that is where you are putting money on both sides. The interest rates are better but you can lose your money through "impermanent loss". Most are safe but best to read a little on the pools before investing.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Seems you're doing fine to me getting interest on your money. LP does equal liquidity pool and that is where you are putting money on both sides. The interest rates are better but you can lose your money through "impermanent loss". Most are safe but best to read a little on the pools before investing.
    Ah, I see. The straight up staking in LUNA and UST pays pretty good but I can see how farming can contribute to the ecosystem. Farming seems to be kinda like "advanced staking". Sounds like the Staderlabs thingy onetrik mentioned above is more of a farming system....

MickeyMan

Thanks for the info arky, raiders and onetrik

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Today's non-FUD from the CryptoCompare newsletter:

Crypto CEOs Defend Industry in U.S. Congress

"Cryptocurrency industry executives appeared before the U.S. Congress on Wednesday to defend the industry. They argued the technology in crypto holds promise for the future as lawmakers and regulators look to regulate the space.

The House Financial Services Committee called the hearing in a bid to improve lawmakers’ understanding of cryptoassets and the sector. While these assets are criticized for their volatility and risk, crypto CEOs defended them, saying that they can make financial transactions faster, cheaper, and more accessible to people throughout the world.

Senior executives from cryptocurrency exchanges, including FTX and Coinbase, testified along with executives from Bitcoin mining firm Bitfury, cryptocurrency payments system Stellar, and blockchain firm Paxos.

At the hearing, crypto executives argued the industry doesn’t fit neatly within the existing structure of financial regulations in the U.S. and called on lawmakers to consider tailor-made legislation for the crypto industry.

Coinbase’s Chief Financial Officer, Alesia Haas, said that “because of their nascent stage of development and unique underlying technology, digital assets trade in markets that are fundamentally different from traditional financial markets.” As a result, Haas said existing regulatory regimes “do not accommodate this new technology.”

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

Not saying to jump in they haven't been audited yet Maybe dip a toe at first if it interests someone
    ”Hottest New Service”

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Today's non-FUD from the CryptoCompare newsletter:

Crypto CEOs Defend Industry in U.S. Congress

"Cryptocurrency industry executives appeared before the U.S. Congress on Wednesday to defend the industry. They argued the technology in crypto holds promise for the future as lawmakers and regulators look to regulate the space.

The House Financial Services Committee called the hearing in a bid to improve lawmakers’ understanding of cryptoassets and the sector. While these assets are criticized for their volatility and risk, crypto CEOs defended them, saying that they can make financial transactions faster, cheaper, and more accessible to people throughout the world.

Senior executives from cryptocurrency exchanges, including FTX and Coinbase, testified along with executives from Bitcoin mining firm Bitfury, cryptocurrency payments system Stellar, and blockchain firm Paxos.

At the hearing, crypto executives argued the industry doesn’t fit neatly within the existing structure of financial regulations in the U.S. and called on lawmakers to consider tailor-made legislation for the crypto industry.

Coinbase’s Chief Financial Officer, Alesia Haas, said that “because of their nascent stage of development and unique underlying technology, digital assets trade in markets that are fundamentally different from traditional financial markets.” As a result, Haas said existing regulatory regimes “do not accommodate this new technology.”
    That part is definitely highly debatable.
    This shit needs set conversion rates across the platforms/exchanges, as long with set rates for sending or receiving ANY form of crypto to or from ANY person/business.

onetrikpony

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    ”Hottest New Service”
    Have fun staying poor

onetrikpony

Cryptobanter
    LIVE RIGHT NOW here: youtube.com/watch
    Price is a distraction. Find trends and get in before the masses, that's how millionaires are made!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Evergrande has (finally) defaulted and global markets look shaky. What does it mean for crypto?
    Discussing at 10 am est, in 45 minutes.

Scott Melker
    112K subscribers
    BITCOIN AT RISK? | EVERGRANDE DEFAULT | POSSIBLE OUTCOMES FOR CRYPTO
    Scheduled for Dec 9, 2021

onetrikpony

Michael Saylor

@saylor
    MicroStrategy has purchased an additional 1,434 bitcoins for ~$82.4 million in cash at an average price of ~$57,477 per #bitcoin. As of 12/9/21 we #hodl ~122,478 bitcoins acquired for ~$3.66 billion at an average price of ~$29,861 per bitcoin.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

What's the word around here on the next buying area? I got out at 60K.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    That part is definitely highly debatable.
    This shit needs set conversion rates across the platforms/exchanges, as long with set rates for sending or receiving ANY form of crypto to or from ANY person/business.
    I don't have much gripe with the sending/receiving fees except for BTC and ETH (and its ERC-20 children). Unfortunately, they are the two most popular cryptos. Supposedly, they are both "working on it". So many other cryptos only cost pennies to send.

I don't think your average congressman has a clue, especially about crypto. They really need a committee of people that know and understand the nuances of crypto if they are going to make regulation for it.

It's like the IRS. They made their "rules" like somebody that doesn't understand the way things work in crypto - their motivation is gimme, gimme, gimme. They'd probably get more people filing if they weren't so gd greedy......

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    What's the word around here on the next buying area? I got out at 60K.
    Im looking to take it easy for this whole next year. I don't like what it looks like at all and there seems to be some kind of trick setup to fool people but don't know what it is. My guess would be if it somehow drops down to the 30k range would be where to start buying back in and as far down from there. But you should be able to figure out over the next month or 2 what to look for.

BeatTheJerk

Have fun staying poor
    What f u c k does that mean ? I’m mocking you asshole on some dumb shit you posted a while ago on another thread that got bumped & brought back to life.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 959

it's a beautiful day to be buying up algorand

onetrikpony

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    What f u c k does that mean ? I’m mocking you asshole on some dumb shit you posted a while ago on another thread that got bumped & brought back to life.
    Suck my c*ck you stupid prick.It means exactly what it says Some people are so fu**king stupid they will and deserve to be poor.I made money with that service and now a guy is posting different plays under the same heading.Have made and will continue to make a fortune in crypto You are a complete idiot

BeatTheJerk

Suck my c*ck you stupid prick.It means exactly what it says Some people are so fu**king stupid they will and deserve to be poor.I made money with that service and now a guy is posting different plays under the same heading.Have made and will continue to make a fortune in crypto You are a complete idiot
    My problem with what you did in that thread was you didn’t share any of the actual plays & just said how great it was. Congrats on being a crypto millionaire. I have made 10’s of thousands in crypto over the years & this thread has helped me as a guide to do so.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24609

Jerky, what is your current strategy?

I'll be honest. I'm not happy w/ where the price is. Some of the shine is really coming off the 2021YE predictions, anyone can talk a good game.

Only question I'd pose to people: *If the solution is NOT Bitcoin...what is the financial solution to the foreboding Fiat money problem?

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Jerky, what is your current strategy?

I'll be honest. I'm not happy w/ where the price is. Some of the shine is really coming off the 2021YE predictions, anyone can talk a good game.

Only question I'd pose to people: *If the solution is NOT Bitcoin...what is the financial solution to the foreboding Fiat money problem?
    Simple strategy holding until it hits 80k bought in @ 47k. I should’ve sold @ 60k & bought back but I missed the boat sadly.
    Points Awarded:

raiders72001 gave BeatTheJerk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

I got in the habit of checking the total marketcap whenever I click into coinmarketcap.com or coingecko.com. One glance at that at the top of the page and I can tell how my portfolio is doing.

Simply put, it (total marketcap) tells you how much money is "getting in" versus how much money is "getting out". A month ago, the total marketcap was at 3T and some coins (including BTC) were hitting ATHs (money getting in). Since then, the total marketcap has gone down - money getting out. It currently stands at 2.2T. There was a real rough downturn earlier this year from May to July when it went from 2.4T to 1.2T.

See the total marketcap chart here.

To you TA guys: Does it not look like a break to the upside is due?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now, the FUD is strong. World events, the continuing rape of the USD (money printing) and other forces have dented crypto market confidence. Sometimes I have to remind myself that Bitcoin has died 434 times.

The distance between Bitcoin and Ethereum is the closest it has been in a very long time. See that here. (Scroll down to bottom chart). Bitcoin marketcap currently at 916B, Eth at 476B or roughly 2:1. A bullish sign for all alts?

Eth fees currently at 48 gwei. Now's the time to send if you've been waiting for the sending fees to come down. (This is for sending from your own wallet(s) - exchanges might have a different idea.)
    Last edited by Arky; 12-11-21 at 04:26 AM.

raiders72001

I got in the habit of checking the total marketcap whenever I click into coinmarketcap.com or coingecko.com. One glance at that at the top of the page and I can tell how my portfolio is doing.

Simply put, it (total marketcap) tells you how much money is "getting in" versus how much money is "getting out". A month ago, the total marketcap was at 3T and some coins (including BTC) were hitting ATHs (money getting in). Since then, the total marketcap has gone down - money getting out. It currently stands at 2.2T. There was a real rough downturn earlier this year from May to July when it went from 2.4T to 1.2T.

See the total marketcap chart here.

To you TA guys: Does it not look like a break to the upside is due?

Right now, the FUD is strong. World events, the continuing rape of the USD (money printing) and other forces have dented crypto market confidence. Sometimes I have to remind myself that Bitcoin has died 434 times.

The distance between Bitcoin and Ethereum is the closest it has been in a very long time. See that here. (Scroll down to bottom chart). Bitcoin marketcap currently at 916B, Eth at 476B or roughly 2:1. A bullish sign for all alts?

Eth fees currently at 48 gwei. Now's the time to send if you've been waiting for the sending fees to come down. (This is for sending from your own wallet(s) - exchanges might have a different idea.)
    For BTC the marketcap would be coins mined times price. You can look at glassnode to see coins on exchanges. Agree with you on the FUD. FWIW I think ETH will outperform BTC.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 12-11-21 at 04:47 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave raiders72001 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

Salud, Arky:

*That Bitcoin obituary link is a classic.

ChuckyTheGoat

10-8 round to M78. Happy holidays, young-man.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25230

When checking charts on days like this I hold my laptop upside down.
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave pablo222 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    When checking charts on days like this I hold my laptop upside down.
    Ostrich head in the sand mode activated!

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

How low we going to go? Low 40s, back into the 30s?

First ... 162163164165166167168 ... Last