raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15306

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    ILV pays well but it's locked up for 12 months. It could be huge if the gaming play to earn tokens remain strong.
    Price was $191 here 7/28. Now at $1891. If you hit a 10x + stake, missing on a couple isn't a big deal.
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave raiders72001 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional gave raiders72001 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

onetrikpony
    onetrikpony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2480

JUST IN:$FB allowing cryptocurrency ads.

raiders72001

Grayscale launched SOL backed trust giving SOL a boost.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Does anyone believe or think there is a direct correlation between the ny stock exchange and BTC? Input please

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10327

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Does anyone believe or think there is a direct correlation between the ny stock exchange and BTC? Input please
    The only thing I'll say is if MSTR breaks below $650...and you are not just diamond fisting to the the moon, would strongly considering trimming your position into weekend

trobin31

Mostly everything tied to interest rates...if there's concern Fed could raise rates it affects all markets...Crypto and Small Caps are probably the two most closely tied from my studies...as both are more of a sentiment indicator....ie small caps and crypto tend to move higher in a risk-on environment

raiders72001

Who knows who's right but trobin and I will always be on the opposite side of this argument. Cryptos are world wide and aren't tied to financial markets in the US. A financial crisis in another country such as Venezuela or Greece will move the market. US law or Chinese law will move the market. Whale collusion is big and they use current news to their advantage. Money moves the market and wallets are visible on the chain.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 12-01-21 at 05:28 PM.

trobin31

Who knows who's right but trobin and I will always be on the opposite side of this argument. Cryptos are world wide and aren't tied to financial markets in the US. A financial crisis in another country such as Venezuela or Greece will move the market. US law or Chinese law will move the market. Whale collusion is big and they use current news to their advantage. Money moves the market and transactions are available for all to see on the chain.
    The US Dollar is still the world reserve currency, for now...the Fed has absolute power to control how much it cost to borrow/spend money...this has global repercussions on how any dollar denominated asset is valued, including your BTC/USD

whales manipulating price is not unique to crypto
    Last edited by trobin31; 12-01-21 at 05:38 PM.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Mostly everything tied to interest rates...if there's concern Fed could raise rates it affects all markets...Crypto and Small Caps are probably the two most closely tied from my studies...as both are more of a sentiment indicator....ie small caps and crypto tend to move higher in a risk-on environment
    Is this based on strictly historical data? What about the potential for more of a here to stay Outlook for cryptos going forward?

shadymcgrady

The US Dollar is still the world reserve currency, for now...the Fed has absolute power to control how much it cost to borrow/spend money...this has global repercussions on how any dollar denominated asset is valued, including your BTC/USD

whales manipulating price is not unique to crypto
    I think you both could be right.. or wrong

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Who knows who's right but trobin and I will always be on the opposite side of this argument. Cryptos are world wide and aren't tied to financial markets in the US. A financial crisis in another country such as Venezuela or Greece will move the market. US law or Chinese law will move the market. Whale collusion is big and they use current news to their advantage. Money moves the market and wallets are visible on the chain.
    I am a strong believer of this as well. If it looks like the market is tied together that’s prolly because the whales want you to think that for however long the theme is. This is not just only a U.S. thing.

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this. I'll stick w/ my opinion. I've tracked how the Volatility is a good bit lower now.

Let's track it after 12/31 and thru 2022 Cal Yr. Note the Top and any draw-downs to Trough. I don't the dip will be > 40%:

*If/when I'm wrong, I'll pay out 200 pts (5x40) to some of the posters in here.
    My bad bro I don’t want you to feel some type of way, I respect you to much. What I said may have come out wrong. I just kinda meant be prepared for anything. I’m a long time bull no matter what happens short term. I feel in 10 years all these holders will feel so good about themselves that it doesn’t matter what happens right now or the next year or 2. Sorry, I’m not trying to prove myself right with u.

trobin31

If BTC becomes the world reserve currency then we can talk...but as long as the dollar is king there's honestly no argument to be made...like if the Dollar goes to $100+ tomorrow, then everything is going down...who controls the value of the dollar?

I understand there's some idealized view of crypto being separate, in some ways it is, as the beta appears most disregulated from S&P, but it still makes it susceptible to market moves which is directly tied to Fed policy...there's a reason the financial crises in 2008 caused a global recession

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Invest a couple hundred you don't need in Chiliz and forget about it for at least a year. The project is worth it, even more so right now.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    I am a strong believer of this as well. If it looks like the market is tied together that’s prolly because the whales want you to think that for however long the theme is. This is not just only a U.S. thing.
    Agree 100%.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Invest a couple hundred you don't need in Chiliz and forget about it for at least a year. The project is worth it, even more so right now.
    true story the owner of chiliz is Alexandre Dreyfus. He owned chili poker back in the day and scammed me for 15k in affiliate earnings. had big players playing for him and created about 250k revenue for him in a month only for him to say the sign-ups were not legit. Eventhough they were people I knew and only played poker there was no way they could of abused the system.

Anyways he should be hung that Israeli pig and I hope chilliz burns and crashes

raiders72001

If BTC becomes the world reserve currency then we can talk...but as long as the dollar is king there's honestly no argument to be made...like if the Dollar goes to $100+ tomorrow, then everything is going down...who controls the value of the dollar?

I understand there's some idealized view of crypto being separate, in some ways it is, as the beta appears most disregulated from S&P, but it still makes it susceptible to market moves which is directly tied to Fed policy...there's a reason the financial crises in 2008 caused a global recession
    Binance.com is the biggest exchange and the US can't trade there. Huobi is just behind Coinbase and they are US banned. The US played a tiny roll in BTC until recently. The markets were 100% controlled by Asia.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 12-01-21 at 07:27 PM.

raiders72001

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    true story the owner of chiliz is Alexandre Dreyfus. He owned chili poker back in the day and scammed me for 15k in affiliate earnings. had big players playing for him and created about 250k revenue for him in a month only for him to say the sign-ups were not legit. Eventhough they were people I knew and only played poker there was no way they could of abused the system.

Anyways he should be hung that Israeli pig and I hope chilliz burns and crashes
    Dreyfus is a shady guy, has/had his fingers in a lot of different things.
    However, Chiliz still is worth a shot. Project is doing well so far, the groundwork is pretty solid.

Legions36

It sure looks like BTC in on track to become the world currency, no matter what happens good or bad it still gets through it even stronger after. I don’t know how long the U.S. can maintain spending double what they bring in, which is more than 4 trillion per year more in debt right now.

trobin31

I'm just gonna tap out now, not sure there's a collective understanding here of significance of everything being traded in dollars, even the crypto being traded on overseas exchanges, being traded in mostly dollar pairs. again, I am sure there will be a day when the BTC pair or CBDC will dominate...but there's no escaping power of dollar and fall out from it

onetrikpony

with The S&P 500 yes but it is not as strong a correlation as it once was.Still if stock market crashes hard crypto will too

raiders72001

I'm just gonna tap out now, not sure there's a collective understanding here of significance of everything being traded in dollars, even the crypto being traded on overseas exchanges, being traded in mostly dollar pairs. again, I am sure there will be a day when the BTC pair or CBDC will dominate...but there's no escaping power of dollar and fall out from it
    The dominate trading pair today is USDT. You've only been around for one cycle. Until recently everything including mining was done in Asia. Financial markets in the US were irrelevant.

trobin31

The dominate trading pair today is USDT. You've only been around for one cycle. Until recently everything including mining was done in Asia. Financial markets in the US were irrelevant.
    you can't be serious how do you not understand a tether is tied to dollar? c'mon man,,,, you've been around for infinite cycles... kekw

Legions36

Some hardcore people believe no matter how you look at it 1 btc is 1 btc because the 21mil cap, doesn’t matter how much the currency price is. I myself have a tough time with that but if you really look at it I guess there right. Just like how all alts are tied to the btc price I’m pretty confident most stuff in general will be tied to btc at some point, speculation right now but just look around you with all the stuff going on now and its not really that hard to see it unfolding.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Dreyfus is a shady guy, has/had his fingers in a lot of different things.
    However, Chiliz still is worth a shot. Project is doing well so far, the groundwork is pretty solid.
    my players pretty much accounted for 70-80% of the total rake he was taking in within the first few months of him launching chili poker. It's okay Karma is a bitch one day it will catch up to him.

Not saying chilliz won't be a good investment personally I could never get into it though.

raiders72001

you can't be serious how do you not understand a tether is tied to dollar? c'mon man,,,, you've been around for infinite cycles... kekw
    The point is that you said the price of low cap cryptos is tied with Fed rates when there's zero correlation.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19134

Whenever there's a "world event", I think some decide they don't want to invest anymore and would rather have cash in hand.

The few times this has happened, my observation is that crypto seems to recover the fastest....

The day the USD goes down (fails) should be interesting. You would think there would be a migration into crypto and precious metals but who knows? Obviously, everything will be effected....

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know what's going on with BAT? I bought some coupla years ago, still got it. It started the year @ 20¢. In March it zoomed up to $1.52. Went down to 46¢ in July (along with everything else going down). Just 4 or 5 days ago, it zoomed up to $1.77. Currently, at $1.43. What's up?

onetrikpony

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Whenever there's a "world event", I think some decide they don't want to invest anymore and would rather have cash in hand.

The few times this has happened, my observation is that crypto seems to recover the fastest....

The day the USD goes down (fails) should be interesting. You would think there would be a migration into crypto and precious metals but who knows? Obviously, everything will be effected....

Anyone know what's going on with BAT? I bought some coupla years ago, still got it. It started the year @ 20¢. In March it zoomed up to $1.52. Went down to 46¢ in July (along with everything else going down). Just 4 or 5 days ago, it zoomed up to $1.77. Currently, at $1.43. What's up?
    Basic Attention Token Defies Wider Crypto Market Rout, Hits All-Time High

[COLOR=rgb(var(--gray60))]As crypto markets plummet, Basic Attention Token, the crypto behind the privacy-centric web browser Brave, is currently defying the downturn.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(var(--gray60))]Decrypt
    [Nov 26[/COLOR]
    Basic Attention Token

Read on the Decrypt App for the best experience.
    For the best experience, top crypto news at your fingertips and exclusive features download now.
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave onetrikpony 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Govt has had a working group on migration from hard currency to electronic for a while already.

They wont let the USD just crash n burn. I believe it will just move to a crypto version itself.

Optional

Get the 8-bit dick on opensea

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    Which one of them is Raiders?

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19134

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Govt has had a working group on migration from hard currency to electronic for a while already.

They wont let the USD just crash n burn. I believe it will just move to a crypto version itself.
    Yep, CBDC (central bank digital currency) is on the way although I hear the USA is way behind. The Central Banks, Government, Wall St., The Fed and all their cronies will come out smellin' like a rose. I think it will be 2008 on steroids. No one held accountable, no one charged with any crimes. Never mind that they all will have had a hand in the USD's collapse.

Not looking forward to having every penny coming in and going out tracked.

It's the little guys that will get rekt. Heard many times - "Get out of the system" from financial people with no conflicts of interest. So, I placed my bet on crypto and a little in precious metals. We'll see what happens, I guess....

Optional

Not looking forward to having every penny coming in and going out tracked.
    Agree. What was conceived as a tool to money freedom could easily morph into the worst type of Big Brother tracking and control tool ever.

Hopefully enough people recognize and reject that that it forces the central bankers to create something people can have confidence in not ending up that way.

Interesting times

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Agree. What was conceived as a tool to money freedom could easily morph into the worst type of Big Brother tracking and control tool ever.

Hopefully enough people recognize and reject that that it forces the central bankers to create something people can have confidence in not ending up that way.

Interesting times
    💡💡💡

First ... 159160161162163164165 ... Last