Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

What is the best way to track plays on a Bitcoin only book?

I am trying to determine the best way to track plays in a Bitcoin only book. I intend to track using an Excel spreadsheet. Should be tracking as units wager, set dollar amounts, (ex 2% of bankroll)...With the ever changing value of BTC I am finding it a little confusing I am trying to be able to document plays and btc won or lost. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Stake has a toggle button that lets you bet in $, and auto converts the $ to btc amount on the betslip

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peepers View Post
    I am trying to determine the best way to track plays in a Bitcoin only book. I intend to track using an Excel spreadsheet. Should be tracking as units wager, set dollar amounts, (ex 2% of bankroll)...With the ever changing value of BTC I am finding it a little confusing I am trying to be able to document plays and btc won or lost. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!
    Same process with everything else. I don't use bitcoin books, so forgive my ignorance if I am wrong about this.

In excel, label your columns to match the book. It is probably something like:
    Ticket Number Date Side Stake Result Win/lose

Copy the results from the book into your spreadsheet.

Next, go here https://www.coindesk.com/price/bitcoin. Export the data, paste it into a new sheet in your workbook that is called "Bitcoin prices"

Format the dates in your results sheet to match the format of the bitcoin date, or vice versa.

Use Vlookup to match your date to a bitcoin price.

Add a new column called "USD results". Multiply your bitcoin price by your win/loss.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I use/used several books including bitcoin only books. I've always recorded my wagers on spreadsheets. Bitcoin only books presented a problem with deciding how much to wager. So I added a column where I manually entered the current USD price of BTC's. I could then enter the size of the wager I wanted to make in USD and have the spreadsheet compute the amount of BTC's (or mBTCs) to wager. Unfortunately, this added another cumbersome step that was required with bitcoin only books. I've decided not to use bitcoin only books at the moment because I'm trying to streamline the work I'm doing. On occasion they did offer slightly better wagers, but not enough for me to justify the extra work.