nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Buying bitcoin question

I used coinstar....deposit 30...got 27.15...after fees..then deposited to sportbook...only 18.00....so im guessing obv tge wallet that coinstar used grabbed almost 10.00 fees..ouch. deposit 30..got 18 in book. Im biying with cash..whats better option

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Unfortunately $10 miner fees for the transfer is what it is right now.

You could buy Ether or BitcoinCash instead of Bitcoin if you can find a cash source for that. Maybe localbitcoins.com

Fees for those are a lot less and most books who take Bitcoin will also take those.

nyplayer33

Thank u

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Non USA book, but cloudbet lets u buy bitcoin direct from the book with cash

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by beermankirk View Post
    Non USA book, but cloudbet lets u buy bitcoin direct from the book with cash
    I can't play there but curious how do you pay with cash? Do you have to go to their office and pay them? I don't get it.

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15894

Just use your credit card and deposit at bookmaker. Why are you chasing bitcoins just to spend at a book? Bitcoins should be held for a long term investment.

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7030

In the past I've been paying a lot in bitcoin fees, especially if buying through a bitcoin ATM. With some books now allowing Interac e transfer. i now deposit to a book like BOL or Bovada that allows etransfer, then withdraw from them in bitcoin so I have a supply ready to transfer to other books.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by garyking View Post
    In the past I've been paying a lot in bitcoin fees, especially if buying through a bitcoin ATM. With some books now allowing Interac e transfer. i now deposit to a book like BOL or Bovada BODOG that allows etransfer, then withdraw from them in bitcoin so I have a supply ready to transfer to other books.
    Yes, but you didn't mention you are in Canada. Interac e-transfer isn't available anywhere else.

It is a great solution though, deposit at BetOnline via Interac and withdraw in bitcoin.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    Just use your credit card and deposit at bookmaker. Why are you chasing bitcoins just to spend at a book? Bitcoins should be held for a long term investment.
    most people use BTC as a vessel to transfer money then hold as investment

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    Way too many issues with cc. First of all your bank can close your account because it's illegal. Second of all most books want all kinds of info and delays before getting a payout when using cc.

nyplayer33

Def not using cc...most books dont take them even though they put transfer as electronics in bermuda etc..banks block it