Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TonyPhizzle View Post
    Important Dates

There are two important dates you need to know regarding the expiring Vi$a prepaid card program.

June 30, 2020 - No more loads

June 30 is the last day you will be able to load funds to your card, including converting crypto currency to fiat for use. Please redirect any recurring bank deposits, such as payroll, before this date.

December 31, 2020 - No more spend

December 31 is the last day you will be able to spend with your card. Please cancel any recurring payments, such as utilities and subscriptions, before this date.
    The current card program ends on December 31, 2020. To minimize fees and inconvenience, we recommend you use all funds on your card before that date. You may continue to load your current card until July 31, 2020. Learn more about the program termination.

greenpad
    greenpad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

So for those that are interested I actually have the **** bitpay card, and I sent and email to bitpay support and they told me:

Allen (BitPay Support Team)

Jun 11, 2020, 5:36:52 PM EDT

Hello,

You would have to go through the new ordering process if you want to get the new BitPay card.

You can order the new BitPay Card from the BitPay App on your mobile device. Ordering the new BitPay Card is not available from the desktop version of the app nor the BitPay website.

To order the new BitPay Card, you need to be on the latest version of the BitPay App. You can update your BitPay App on the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).

Note for new BitPay App users: You will have to create a new wallet and load the wallet with cryptocurrency, or import an existing wallet key into the BitPay App to pay the card ordering fee of 10.00 USD.

After you have updated the BitPay App, please follow the steps below:

Open the BitPay App.
    Tap the gear icon at the bottom.
    Under BitPay Account, tap Connect your BitPay ID and link your BitPay ID/Account associated with this email.
    Click on the card icon in the app to see the new card offer. Note: You may need to unlink and then relink your account and restart the application if you do not see the new card offer.
    Complete the card onboarding process and verification. For existing **** cardholders, the card order fee will be waived after this is completed.
    And voilą! You got the new card! You can even load and spend with the virtual card immediately after signing up. Please allow 10 business days for your physical card to arrive, then activate it in the app.

Thank you for choosing BitPay.

greenpad

My card is on the way as well and in the bitpay app it shows my current card along with my new card.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

So after I applied for my new BitPay card...

I received an email saying "Oops". They got the 6/30 date wrong. The last date we'll be able to load the card is actually 7/31.

Then I received another email saying my BitPay M C application was incomplete. So I scan their QR code and it makes me verify my device in the BitPay app again and brings me directly to the final confirmation page saying my order is being processed. So was my application incomplete or not? LOL

These guys really have their act together

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3415

I guess since my V card expired in March, it's making me pay the $10 for the new card...and I have some dust in the wallet worth $9.46...so I need to add 54 cents worth of btc to buy the card..

teacher10
    teacher10's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3018

I filled out and submitted my info using the app. However it's still stuck on the loading page after an hour. Suggestions?

PuffDaddy
    PuffDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4672

Keep trying....i had to uninstall/then re-install the BitPay APP twice

However after doing this numerous times,everything went perfect until the last page where they asked me to confirm that I read The terms of Service,and it didn't go through(they had a problem on their side ...lol)

hello1234567
    hello1234567's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2222

If I have funds on my current V card and request for the new ** card, what would happen to the funds on the V card? Would the V card still be active once I ordered the new ** card?

jemcrowne
    Money is Time
    jemcrowne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 478

Say you get this new card, load it, and then spend it on bills or store purchases: Do you have to pay taxes on the crypto you load on to this card?

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19134

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I wonder if the crypto.com card from the same bank is toast too.
    No announcements from crypto.com - card still good, I do believe....

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by jemcrowne View Post
    Say you get this new card, load it, and then spend it on bills or store purchases: Do you have to pay taxes on the crypto you load on to this card?
    You're supposed to declare and pay the profits you made selling the bitcoin. i.e. You bought $1000 worth and then sold that Bitcoin at $5000 to load the card, you have to declare $4k in profit (in return you could declare losses). Bitpay hasn't been reporting loads to the IRS as far as we know, but it's all up to you.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    You're supposed to declare and pay the profits you made selling the bitcoin. i.e. You bought $1000 worth and then sold that Bitcoin at $5000 to load the card, you have to declare $4k in profit (in return you could declare losses). Bitpay hasn't been reporting loads to the IRS as far as we know, but it's all up to you.
    Most people get a payout from the book and cash out right away so there is no profit and no tax on the sale of bitcoin.(price is the same). There may be a profit because of gambling winnings and that is taxable. But If someone just withdrew money from their gambling account (not winnings) that’s not taxable either.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    Most people get a payout from the book and cash out right away so there is no profit and no tax on the sale of bitcoin.(price is the same). There may be a profit because of gambling winnings and that is taxable. But If someone just withdrew money from their gambling account (not winnings) that’s not taxable either.
    Correct, if you do decide to report it though, you'll need to be able to document the purchase and deposit in the book (or withdrawal) to show it was basically used to move money and that you didn't make or lose money.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Good thread

Misleading/bad title

Should be changed

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Great thread. Somehow, I had no idea about any of this (aka, head up my ass syndrome).

Thanks to all.

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Update, there were emails a while back asking people if they wanted to get on the list for a new bitpay card.

Now it is M-C not Veisa. I just got mine. You have to download the newer version of B-pay app and take a selfie

and a pic of your ID. They said mine was on the way.

Info and the last dates to use/send funds to the other card are here below in the email I got.

New features you've been waiting for
    Enhanced security
    Virtual card
    Contactless payments
    Improved app interface
    How does this affect my current card?
    The current card program ends on December 31, 2020. To minimize fees and inconvenience, we recommend you use all funds on your card before that date. You may continue to load your current card until July 31, 2020. Learn more about the program termination.
    How do I get the new card?
    Open the BitPay app and tap “Order”. The new card will come in 7-10 days and include all your favorite card features and much more, based on your valuable feedback. We appreciate your loyalty and would like to give you the BitPay Card at no cost.

JoeCool20

Thank you for your order.

You should expect your physical card to arrive in up to 10 business days. If for some reason you don’t receive your BitPay Card by then, please call 1-855-398-1373 for assistance.

Sincerely,
    The BitPay Team
    bitpay.com

JoeCool20

Boss man Optional or somebody can make a new thread if they want to. I got a hangover. I'm going to bed.

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool20 View Post
    Update, there were emails a while back asking people if they wanted to get on the list for a new bitpay card.

Now it is M-C not Veisa. I just got mine. You have to download the newer version of B-pay app and take a selfie

and a pic of your ID. They said mine was on the way.

Info and the last dates to use/send funds to the other card are here below in the email I got.
    Yeah, we've been talking about this for a couple pages now

The application process didn't require me to upload a selfie though. I wonder why. I'm assuming you already had the V isa card, right?

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

They sent me an email:

"Open the BitPay app and tap “Order”. The new card will come in 7-10 days and include all your favorite card features and much more, based on your valuable feedback. We appreciate your loyalty and would like to give you the BitPay Card at no cost."

Yet when I go to order the card it still wants me to pay $10??

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    They sent me an email:

"Open the BitPay app and tap “Order”. The new card will come in 7-10 days and include all your favorite card features and much more, based on your valuable feedback. We appreciate your loyalty and would like to give you the BitPay Card at no cost."

Yet when I go to order the card it still wants me to pay $10??
    Apparently now I got past the $10 screen but it wants me to upload ID and selfie?

JoeCool20

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Yeah, we've been talking about this for a couple pages now

The application process didn't require me to upload a selfie though. I wonder why. I'm assuming you already had the V isa card, right?
    LOL Yeah I was a little late to the party. Had a hangover.

mrpapageorgio

It didn't ask me to do the selfie with ID.

DontTailMe

It didn't ask me to do the selfie with ID.
    Okay, good. I wasn't the only one then. Their system must be satisfied with our verification I guess (hope).

PuffDaddy

The new M*C on the way....and just loaded the virtual card ( which is the same balance as the physical card)

teacher10
    teacher10's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3018

I'm stuck on this screen forever.

PuffDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by teacher10 View Post

I'm stuck on this screen forever.
    Send an email to support@bitpay.com

They will take care of it
    Points Awarded:

teacher10 gave PuffDaddy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by PuffDaddy View Post
    The new M*C on the way....and just loaded the virtual card ( which is the same balance as the physical card)
    Nice

mrpapageorgio

Got the new card in the mail today. Activated it through the app and had me set a pin. All set.

PuffDaddy

Got the new card in the mail today. Activated it through the app and had me set a pin. All set.
    the Virtual Card is an awesome feature too

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by PuffDaddy View Post
    the Virtual Card is an awesome feature too
    What exactly is a virtual card? And what's so great about it?

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    What exactly is a virtual card? And what's so great about it?
    Pretty sure all it did was give you a card number to use for purchases straight away after submitting application, before you received the physical card in the mail.

I got my card in the mail today too. Much nicer than the V isa, which frayed like recycled cardboard.

NYproGambler
    NYproGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

Also received new card today.

greenpad

I also recieved my card as well yesterday but for some reason I'm unable to load my card I keep getting an error message. Anyone experiencing this?

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Pretty sure all it did was give you a card number to use for purchases straight away after submitting application, before you received the physical card in the mail.

I got my card in the mail today too. Much nicer than the V isa, which frayed like recycled cardboard.
    Ok. Thanks. For some reason I couldn't make online purchases with the old one. Hopefully this new card works better.

First 123 Last