Limited
    Limited's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4567

And what is killing Asians in your opinion? Just saying more sharp players, don't know, they have always been around. Average Joe was playing at 5D or Bet365 not really searching for agents to do the Asians. Probably nowdays there are more bots, more automated platforms, bitcoin and crypto betting, value betting services.

moritz
    moritz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by willkur23 View Post
    IBC has just voided my bet. I had a bet at odds of 2.28. almost every single bookie in the world has the same odds.however slowly the odds have dropped everywhere and IBC just voided the bet. the reason was "wrong odds" great comparison from above with 1XBET...
    may i ask if IBC voided before or after game has finished?
    also pls can you say what league it was
    did you try to send a screenshot from oddsportal where they can see that odds were "normal" at time of betting?

willkur23
    willkur23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

before game, Colombia, yes I did send the screenshot...

Adham Yassin
    Adham Yassin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Limited View Post
    And what is killing Asians in your opinion? Just saying more sharp players, don't know, they have always been around. Average Joe was playing at 5D or Bet365 not really searching for agents to do the Asians. Probably nowdays there are more bots, more automated platforms, bitcoin and crypto betting, value betting services.
    In my opinion, average joe, without any doubt, is one reason of that. Professional and semi-professional players are using sharp asian bookmakers either directly or via agents. On the other hand, long term losing players are using only soft bookmakers. Unless recreational/amatuer players start to use sharp bookies, things will get wrose and worse in the future. The problem is most gamblers have never heard of asian bookmakers or terms such sharp and soft bookmakers. Once I was in chatroom of a sport application which has more than 10 million users. One guy said that bookmaker x has voided his win after the match ended without any reason. I wrote "guys stop betting at soft bookmakers, use pinnacle (the best bookmaker ever)!" I got replies like "why are you advertising unknown companies!?" "What does pinnacle mean?" "It must be a scam". The question is how to convince recreational gamblers that bookmaker like 1xbet is not reliable. Just turn on the tv to watch a match, their logo will appear in the stadium or on shirts of players. Open oddsportal and other websites their logo will appear at the top. Soft bookmakers are everywhere. So, unless european authorities and courts take serious procedures against european soft bookmakers attitudes, they will keep confiscating funds of professional players without any consequence. All in all, pro-betting is really in danger!!!

Limited

But what about Asian soft players. There must be millions of players from that region that have probably no access to Bwin or Bet365. You can see that Asian bookmakers are translated to those SE Asian languages.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

But what about Asian soft players. There must be millions of players from that region that have probably no access to Bwin or Bet365. You can see that Asian bookmakers are translated to those SE Asian languages.
    1) Who knows where they bet... There are hundreds of Asian books no one in this forum ever heard of

2) SE Asia has an average income of what $200-800 per month? How many recreational players from SE Asia does it need to compensate one Scandinavian sharp who makes 5 or 6 figures per month? So the purchasing power is a factor

Limited

Agree, we don't know the numbers and so we can only speculate about the situation. However IMO even if the average income is only 300$ and you have billions of customers, you will probably do well. It is difficult to argue that India or China aren't important markets for any industry even though people there don't earn 5 or 6 figures $ per month.

craftbrewer
    craftbrewer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7446

It's a shame there is no people from SE Asia on SBR who could provide insight into the situation on Asian betting market.

craftbrewer

Agree, we don't know the numbers and so we can only speculate about the situation. However IMO even if the average income is only 300$ and you have billions of customers, you will probably do well. It is difficult to argue that India or China aren't important markets for any industry even though people there don't earn 5 or 6 figures $ per month.
    As to India, the only sport Indians care about is cricket. They don't care about soccer at all. Just compare the amount of money matched on betfair. For example soccer UEFA champions league final - about 20-30 million USD. And cricket match India vs. Bangladesh - 60-80 million USD.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

I don't know much more than anyone else here, but I believe many of the Asian bettors still use locals and the books have street runners.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by craftbrewer View Post
    As to India, the only sport Indians care about is cricket. They don't care about soccer at all. Just compare the amount of money matched on betfair. For example soccer UEFA champions league final - about 20-30 million USD. And cricket match India vs. Bangladesh - 60-80 million USD.
    That's only because there is a lot more trading going on with cricket matches as with every ball there is usually a tiny odd swing. There are much more opportunities there to trade.

craftbrewer

I have been to some South-East Asian countries like South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia and I have not seen any betting shops in the streets in those countries. May be there are some under-the-table betting shops but at least I have not seen any official ones so I doubt betting shops are officially allowed by those countries' governments.

vinhntp
    vinhntp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1978

I have been to some South-East Asian countries like South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia and I have not seen any betting shops in the streets in those countries. May be there are some under-the-table betting shops but at least I have not seen any official ones so I doubt betting shops are officially allowed by those countries' governments.
    Hi,I live in Vietnam and gambling in Vietnam is illegal. But you easy to open an account with more bookies : 188bet, dafabet.... more than 20+ bookies.
    Sbobet and IBCbet can get through agent with commission (0.25%, 0.5%... even 1%).
    I think Vietnam is heaven for sharp player (and arbers).

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by vinhntp View Post
    Hi,I live in Vietnam and gambling in Vietnam is illegal.

Can you spot the mistake?

craftbrewer

Hi,I live in Vietnam and gambling in Vietnam is illegal. But you easy to open an account with more bookies : 188bet, dafabet.... more than 20+ bookies.
    Sbobet and IBCbet can get through agent with commission (0.25%, 0.5%... even 1%).
    Are you expatriate or Vietnamese?
    Do asians use the same agents that we use (Asian Connect, Vodds etc) or asians have their own agents that we don't know?
    You said more than 20+ books. Can you name them?
    Thank you

vinhntp

Are you expatriate or Vietnamese?
    Do asians use the same agents that we use (Asian Connect, Vodds etc) or asians have their own agents that we don't know?
    You said more than 20+ books. Can you name them?
    Thank you
    Im' Vietnamese
    Bookies: 188bet, v9bet, dafabet, fun88, fb88, letou, m88, w88, 138bet, esball, 1xbet, oppa88, one88.... and most of them just only supply to Southeast Asia market.

About agent: just 2 main agent : sbobet and ibcbet (bong88 in Vietnam, maxbet in Indonexia, Thailand...), maybe ISNbet, but rarely.
    agent sbobet and IBCbet can get through middleman and transaction base on trust.
    More man come from Malaysia or China go to Vietnam, get agent sbobet, IBCbet and "play" with the promise "win 100%" . I don't know how they do that, but it's real. I think it is one of the main reason make:
    1. sbobet just provide currency USD in Vietnam, other currency (HK, RM...) can not login.
    2. IBCbet announcement: "Company recently found a lot of agent’s downlines involved in different type of abnormal bet, fraud (group betting, arbitrage betting, use mechanical betting, or any action will effect company normal operating etc ). Hereby to inform all agents that if company discovers and determines any abnormal bets on its members, company will delete the tickets without any notification. Company will not take any responsibility on the losses caused after the ticket is deleted. Please pass this information to downlines, thank you for your cooperation."

I saw it, IBC void and note "abnormal bet".

Limited

That "abnormal bet" is BS. The bookies put out the odds, most of the time they use 3rd party services to determinate the correct market odds, they also limit the possible max. outcome on all offered lines, plus they sometimes limit accounts individually. And then you come around, and u place a bet, which means just taking their offer, and if the outcome is not in their favour, they will call it an abnormal bet.
    Points Awarded:

masteragent101 gave Limited 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

That "abnormal bet" is BS. The bookies put out the odds, most of the time they use 3rd party services to determinate the correct market odds, they also limit the possible max. outcome on all offered lines, plus they sometimes limit accounts individually. And then you come around, and u place a bet, which means just taking their offer, and if the outcome is not in their favour, they will call it an abnormal bet.
    It's fairly easy to manipulate early markets for smaller games by betting down 1 side and then slam the other side when the game approaches kickoff and limits go up.

Motorhead11
    Motorhead11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

Im' Vietnamese
    Bookies: 188bet, v9bet, dafabet, fun88, fb88, letou, m88, w88, 138bet, esball, 1xbet, oppa88, one88.... and most of them just only supply to Southeast Asia market.

About agent: just 2 main agent : sbobet and ibcbet (bong88 in Vietnam, maxbet in Indonexia, Thailand...), maybe ISNbet, but rarely.
    agent sbobet and IBCbet can get through middleman and transaction base on trust.
    More man come from Malaysia or China go to Vietnam, get agent sbobet, IBCbet and "play" with the promise "win 100%" . I don't know how they do that, but it's real. I think it is one of the main reason make:
    1. sbobet just provide currency USD in Vietnam, other currency (HK, RM...) can not login.
    2. IBCbet announcement: "Company recently found a lot of agent’s downlines involved in different type of abnormal bet, fraud (group betting, arbitrage betting, use mechanical betting, or any action will effect company normal operating etc ). Hereby to inform all agents that if company discovers and determines any abnormal bets on its members, company will delete the tickets without any notification. Company will not take any responsibility on the losses caused after the ticket is deleted. Please pass this information to downlines, thank you for your cooperation."

I saw it, IBC void and note "abnormal bet".
    That bong88 looks interesting. Found some test codes on net and they are IBC with 3 or 4 times bigger limits. How can anyone register with them?

pythonic
    pythonic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Well If IBC counts even simple arbitrage as 'fraud' then you can't call them sharp anymore.

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Does SBO give automatically lower odds via agent accounts? I just noticed mine are 2 cents lower after a few days. It's still viable because even with that they have a 4 cents better line than Pinny on my selection. Frankly I don't mind this way of limiting winners, I can handle 1% lower odds as long as the stakes are not reduced to peanuts. But more than 2% reduction would be thievery. If books don't want to lose money why don't they just copy the odds from pinny if they're clueless?

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11820

Depends who is your agent, some of them give worse odds on purpose so they can earn more commission on your Turnover.

Gaze73

I use asianconnect.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    I use asianconnect.
    I don't think ac88 lower any odds , they are top broker you will be fine with them, brokers like bet-ibc will charge 0.75% for bet, stay away from them.

Gaze73

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    I don't think ac88 lower any odds , they are top broker you will be fine with them, brokers like bet-ibc will charge 0.75% for bet, stay away from them.
    Either they lower the odds automatically or SBO lowered the odds on my agent account after a handful of small bets, which seems unlikely.

Motorhead11

Don't think it is AC issue.Sbo lowered odds by 0.02 even for my personal sbo account.

Gaze73

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead11 View Post
    Don't think it is AC issue.Sbo lowered odds by 0.02 even for my personal sbo account.
    The question is if SBO automatically lowers everyone who creates an agent account by 0.02 because they assume only sharps use agent accounts.

Ruifgalmeida

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    The question is if SBO automatically lowers everyone who creates an agent account by 0.02 because they assume only sharps use agent accounts.
    It is possible that they are lowering the odds on agents , sbo is getting shady every day, but brokers are not 100% Pro, nowadays you can get open and multiple book platform for 100€ and 1€ a bet, recreational bettors in Europe are getting them because regulated markets are really poor.

vinhntp

today, the first time I see Sbobet void the bet with the reason: "irregular bet" , and similar Singbet, they void the win bet.
    They void after my agent is lowered the odds by 0.04 for all member (including new member)
    This is really bad news.

craftbrewer

today, the first time I see Sbobet void the bet with the reason: "irregular bet" , and similar Singbet, they void the win bet.
    They void after my agent is lowered the odds by 0.04 for all member (including new member)
    This is really bad news.
    What's the name of the agent?

vinhntp

What's the name of the agent?
    agent m15w..... , I get in my country.

Unkle
    Unkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead11 View Post
    So, you have a personal SBO account in your own name and it has .02 lower odds?

What about limits are they "normal" or reduced?

Unkle
    Unkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Anyone know an agent who gives real SBO odds?

Ruifgalmeida

Quote Originally Posted by Unkle View Post
    Anyone know an agent who gives real SBO odds?
    At Asianodds88 and sportsmarket platform the prices are right, at betinasia they take 0.02 off the prices as a commission, and at bet-ibc they keep 0.75% at every bet.

Motorhead11

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    At Asianodds88 and sportsmarket platform the prices are right, at betinasia they take 0.02 off the prices as a commission, and at bet-ibc they keep 0.75% at every bet.
    This is no longer true for Sportmarket, their odds are worse than BIA. They both have lower odds than Vodds as well.

Have a look:

1) Sportmarket -1@2.00

https://ibb.co/mTJ2TJL

2) Betinasia -1@2.01

https://ibb.co/ScBrKBQ

3) Vodds -1@2.03

https://ibb.co/sKCNc0j

First 1234 Last