Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10450

Asianconnect88 raising commissions from 3% to 6% at Orbitx and 9wickets

ilene (Asianconnect)
    May 20, 18:17 CST
    Hi Jay,

Good day!

We are writing to let you know that your Orbitx and 9wickets account has been temporarily suspended due to sudden increase of commission setting from 3% to 6% on winning bets which was imposed by our up-line on your account.

In this regard, we would like to confirm if you AGREE with the increase in your commission setting in order to re-open your account and continue betting with Orbitx and 9wickets.

If in case the new commission setting is not agreeable with you; we suggest that you transfer your fund to other accounts to continue betting on your favorite sporting event.

We thank you for your understanding on this matter and we are looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
    Zilene

Support Agent Team

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Probably not asianconnect fault, they make commission on your turnover, and this is bad for business

Foosball Champ

i wonder if this increase for all asianconnect88 customers?

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

I’ve had a bad run the last month and both my accounts zero out Saturday and have not reloaded....no email as of yet....I tried log in on both and was allowed
    Last edited by littlekona; 05-20-19 at 01:38 PM.

Foosball Champ

i figured as much. i think that i am being singled out. i have been killing them lately.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    i figured as much. i think that i am being singled out. i have been killing them lately.
    Horses or sports?

Foosball Champ

horses

littlekona

horses
    That’s tough as orbitx and wickets are my go to for horses esp lay....Fairlay is other option for UK but it’s not as smooth running takes half hour to grade and late scratch void all bets unless horse is 45/1 or higher...still if you have a bankroll it’s fine though since options are limited

Foosball Champ

fairlay have liquidity lik orbitx and 9wicks? is their commisson 3%

littlekona

Fairlay com for newbie is 0.25% I’m at 0.05% as I’m at vip 5 level....so commission is awesome...I gave them a lot of horse action until I discovered AC88 now still do but not as much maybe 10% of my action on horses but much more on sports as they are my go to for straight wagers....the liquidity is ok and I can match most of my lay bets BUT it’s tricky as odds in horses change so fast it takes some getting used to how to refresh fast and get bets matched plus I like to risk my entire balance on a lay sometime and the slower grading hurts half an hour sometimes longer plus if a late scratch they void race...there are 2 market makers and one takes down races 10 mins to post other at the 1 min mark....I’m a huge fan of Fairlay and trust them love odds but the horses I like AC88 better due to that

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

We are writing to let you know that your Orbitx and 9wickets account has been temporarily suspended due to sudden increase of commission setting from 3% to 6% on winning bets which was imposed by our up-line on your account.
    Hi Jay, check out easysportbet/betkeen. They are an alternative to AC88.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Hi Jay, check out easysportbet/betkeen. They are an alternative to AC88.
    They take USA Icon?

Foosball Champ

doesnt look like they customers from the USA or Colombia.

Foosball Champ

fairlay have liquidity for us horses?

littlekona

fairlay have liquidity for us horses?
    No. One market maker and same one that pulls w 10 mins to post...

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    They take USA Icon?
    Wow, I didn't even think about that. Sorry guys I just figured that since they are in competition with AC88 that they did.

I'm in Canada so I forget that many places and agents won't accept US players.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

worthless now

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

ilene (Asianconnect)
    May 20, 18:17 CST
    Hi Jay,

Good day!

In this regard, we would like to confirm if you AGREE with the increase in your commission setting in order to re-open your account and continue betting with Orbitx and 9wickets.

If in case the new commission setting is not agreeable with you; we suggest that you transfer your fund to other accounts to continue betting on your favorite sporting event.

We thank you for your understanding on this matter and we are looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
    Zilene

Support Agent Team
    Just curious, how much did you win until they decided to increase the commission?
    Last edited by Poisec; 05-21-19 at 09:00 AM.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

wondering the same thing. I guess this is like the premium charge at betfair

littlekona

Ask AC88 to create a new account...wonder if they would

as little miss daisy just won at wolv @ 9.2

Foosball Champ

i won about 5000 euro in the past month. about 20000 euro in the past year

Foosball Champ

i wil ask AC88 to create a new account.

Foosball Champ

i am saying close my account and open another ac88 account

[COLOR=#68737D !important]Susette

We are sorry but we cannot do that

[COLOR=#B90D0D !important]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

i won about 5000 euro in the past month. about 20000 euro in the past year
    Could they think you are taking advantage of their platform technology in some way?

In the past I know 9wickets has been concerned about bettors doing something on their exchange to manipulate non-liquid market odds on Betfair direct (or something along those lines. I never fully understood their explanation of how it worked at the time, to the point I was kind of skeptical if they even had a point really)

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11820

OrbitX forces position taking, you have won certain % against AC and that is the reason why they have to increase commission charges - to either force you away from the platform or to just cover their losses with the increased commission applied.

littlekona

But don’t they want the action as they get a piece of the makers or takers bets they get commission from someone everytime....you would think that they would want volume just like pari mutual wagering does....if they ban does it not hurt liquidy and those profits for betfair and there affiliates

Poisec

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    OrbitX forces position taking, you have won certain % against AC and that is the reason why they have to increase commission charges - to either force you away from the platform or to just cover their losses with the increased commission applied.
    I don't know if AC have a risk position, but OrbitX certainly have as they add their own liquidity. Have you guys noticed, if you go to OrbitX website and click on register, it brings you to "bet on football". I contacted betonfootball before and the commission for OrbitX was 6:/: from the start. Perhaps betonfootball are the guys who created OrbitX but since they are not well known rent the service to other brokers. Just speculation of course.

Poisec

i wil ask AC88 to create a new account.
    Do premium tradings accept US customers? You ca n contact them. Last i checked the commission for OrbitX was 4:/: with them.

Alfie White

Well, if you see liquidity higher than Betfair's one on a certain market - it is position taking.

Foosball Champ

my understanding is that i am an anonymous bettor at AC88. how can they raise the commission rate for me and not change it for all their customers.

Alfie White

I just told you above, they had position on your bets; you won = they lost certain %; they need to recuperate by increasing the commission so they cut their losses in the long run and hope that you start losing some.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    I just told you above, they had position on your bets; you won = they lost certain %; they need to recuperate by increasing the commission so they cut their losses in the long run and hope that you start losing some.
    How? say on a UK race that has 500,000 euro matched i match 1000 euro to lay a 2.0 favorite....he loses I win how does that effect orbitx.....and the opposite if I lost someone else won wouldn’t that effect them too then...betfair gets commission regardless no risk

Foosball Champ

exactly little kona. that is the whole point of exchange wagering. the house has no liability. doesn't matter who wins. the house gets the same percentage.

Poisec

What Alfie is saying is that when Foosball champ back a horse, the lay bet is from AC themselves. I personally think OrbitX lay the bet, not AC. But who knows.

Alfie White

Betfair limit: €1,000
    OrbitX limit: €1,300

You stake €1,300 on OrbitX, only €1,000 goes to Betfair and €300 is passed on to OrbitX; which is later on passed to agent line which has the customer. That agent line is taking the risk of the €300 placed OVER the Betfair limit.

Agents are earning from the commission, what I can imagine is that OrbitX has fixed commission and Agents are adding some on top of it so it makes business sense for them. Now, since you have won €20,000, that means that AC had to cover around €7,000 of those funds and now by increasing the commission, they are hoping to reap the rewards in commission as you are probably making significant turnover.

Does it have sense now?

123 Last