TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I don't think it is that. More likely they identify a wallet the book has used to consolidate all the incoming payments for exchange, and then trace backward anything that ended up there.
    Just don't understand the reason for the exchange to invade our privacy then? We all know Bitcoin is underground sh#$. What difference does it make if sending for gambling purposes.... or drug purposes? But, it's ok to send from exchange for drugs? lol

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Just don't understand the reason for the exchange to invade our privacy then? We all know Bitcoin is underground sh#$. What difference does it make if sending for gambling purposes.... or drug purposes? But, it's ok to send from exchange for drugs? lol
    They fear what may happen to them if the US Government gets wind that they are knowingly facilitating gambling transactions. I doubt they care what people do with their crypto in real life.

Its all about self preservation. Bitcoin businesses don't want any hassles from big brother.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    They fear what may happen to them if the US Government gets wind that they are knowingly facilitating gambling transactions. I doubt they care what people do with their crypto in real life.

Its all about self preservation. Bitcoin businesses don't want any hassles from big brother.
    @TMS.. agree with Icon. Gemini really do not care at all. But their license tells them they have to make reasonable efforts to make sure they are not allowing gambling money to flow.

As one day the licensor may force them to show they have followed procedures.

This bit useful here so will copy/paste it;

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk
    I said this : I had some coins in a wallet not compatible with Bitpay wallet & I knew Gemini was a compatible wallet so I made the transfer. My plans on using this account in the foreseeable are very slim. I don’t appreciate being question on my personal pattern of buying/selling or transferring coins. I will use another exchange moving forward, thank you

Gemini said this : Thanks for your quick response, that makes sense. We do understand this can be an inconvenience but as a regulated Trust Company, Gemini is under regulatory guidance that requires us to collect sufficient information to form a reasonable belief that we know and understand our customers and their activity through the exchange. This question was in furtherance of that requirement.

Onward and Upward,

Team Gemini
    Points Awarded:

icon gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

the email link they provided was a secure doc site

When I entered in my email and name, it told me I do not have access. Whoever set up the secure document put the access info incorrectly I guess.

So I’m unable to view the doc to post for you guys. I’m not using Gemini currently so I’m not going to reach out to them at the moment over it.

Hope anyone who uses Gemini regularly does not receive such message.

GL

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

You have to be really special to send crypto from a regulated exchange to a offshore sporstbook.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bitcoinLuke View Post
    You have to be really special to send crypto from a regulated exchange to a offshore sporstbook.
    OP is SBR's top windowlicker of the decade

POISON
    POISON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12889

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Oh I know and I’m banned from coinbase and cashapp already. Just surprised it took Gemini 3 years or so to send this to me.

These days for tax purposes, I only buy and sell for cash deposit. No trace of bitcoin.
    how did you get banned from Coinbase?????

First 123