Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9819

LowVig deposit

Wanted to make a bitcoin deposit today for 3000.

It asked me to deposit an exact bitcoin amount.

They are asking me to deposit 3024.30 to get 3000.

I did not deposit.

Instead I tried to contact them and ask why they want me to deposit an extra 3024.30 to get 3000.

Hours later now, I just tried again and it's asking me to send 3026.48 to get 3000.

This has happened every time I have made a deposit at BOL/SB/LV.

I have read their entire site and see nothing about being charged a fee to deposit bitcoin.

I am out hundreds of dollars now because of this happening every time.

I try to contact them but here is their pathetic response:

"Thank you for contacting LowVig.

Please be advise we won't have control in the Bitcoin exchange currency, the amount you send may change the value at any moment.

LowVig Bettor Services"

What does that have to do with you asking me to send more than you intend to give me?

When I reply to them I just get ignored.

Someone please correct me if I there is something I am not understanding because it seems to me this group of books is gouging their customers and won't even acknowledge it.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post

I did not deposit.

Instead I tried to contact them and ask why they want me to deposit an extra 3024.30 to get 3000.

Hours later now, I just tried again and it's asking me to send 3026.48 to get 3000.

I have read their entire site and see nothing about being charged a fee to deposit bitcoin.

Please be advise we won't have control in the Bitcoin exchange currency, the amount you send may change the value at any moment.

LowVig Bettor Services"

What does that have to do with you asking me to send more than you intend to give me?

Someone please correct me if I there is something I am not understanding because it seems to me this group of books is gouging their customers and won't even acknowledge it.
    Often it is due to difference in exchange rate. Normally when it settles, it will settle the correct price. The deposits for that site tend to settle pretty quickly. If they do gauge you, file an sbr compliant. I did that one time when bitcoin prices cratered while I waited for confirmation (I sent the bitcoin, and then the news came out that the SEC stopped a bitcoin etf). They corrected it and gave me the price it was when I sent.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Some books use an exchange rate above or below market rate. I don't mind AS LONG as the same difference is applied during payouts.

For example...JazzSports asked me to send $485 worth for a $500 deposit last week. I received 3% more than market. In your argument, you would be happy. But then you would probably make the same complaining post as here when they short you on withdraw, as they did for me. When I withdrew $1000, I received $970, 3% less.

You really can't complain unless they do not honor the same % difference on both deposit AND withdrawal. There are 100s of exchanges, all with slight differences. For example, the bitcoinaverage is always higher than some exchanges. Has to do with how hard it is to get money on/off certain exchanges.

They are not going to make an exception for you especially over 1% since their processor is the one handling the exchange rate used, not them. 1% "fee" is reasonable anyways considering they are taking a very volatile currency off your hands and locking you in. When you withdraw $3000 you will likely receive $3024 worth.

If 1% kills you, feel free to deposit to a different book and have fun paying full juice.
    Last edited by eaglesfan371; 03-08-19 at 07:36 PM.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Some books use an exchange rate above or below market rate. I don't mind AS LONG as the same difference is applied during payouts.

For example...JazzSports asked me to send $485 worth for a $500 deposit last week. I received 3% more than market. In your argument, you would be happy. But then you would probably make the same complaining post as here when they short you on withdraw, as they did for me. When I withdrew $1000, I received $970, 3% less.

You really can't complain unless they do not honor the same % difference on both deposit AND withdrawal. There are 100s of exchanges, all with slight differences. For example, the bitcoinaverage is always higher than some exchanges. Has to do with how hard it is to get money on/off certain exchanges.

They are not going to make an exception for you especially over 1% since their processor is the one handling the exchange rate used, not them. 1% "fee" is reasonable anyways considering they are taking a very volatile currency off your hands and locking you in. When you withdraw $3000 you will likely receive $3024 worth.

If 1% kills you, feel free to deposit to a different book and have fun paying full juice.

It has been both ways deposits and withdrawals. Every single time in their favor.

I have asked multiple times which exchange rate they use and they just ignore me.

I believe they use whichever exchange rate suits them each way.

It's the perfect way to skim.

Shave a little bit off every transaction each way.

It's not enough to file a complaint for the customer but rake in thousands of dollars all added up for them.

They could offer an explanation and be transparent but they won't do that.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

There seems to be a premium for their payment processor to guarantee the rate.

If you wait about 10 mins before actually doing the send, so it is not confirmed until after the 15 mins has expired I think you'll find the rate is closer to what you expect.

Worth a try and seeing how much is credited I think?

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

It has been both ways deposits and withdrawals. Every single time in their favor.

I have asked multiple times which exchange rate they use and they just ignore me.

I believe they use whichever exchange rate suits them each way.

It's the perfect way to skim.

Shave a little bit off every transaction each way.

It's not enough to file a complaint for the customer but rake in thousands of dollars all added up for them.

They could offer an explanation and be transparent but they won't do that.
    If its both deposits and withdrawals they are taking 1% fee then I apologize for my response, yeah that isn't right.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    If its both deposits and withdrawals they are taking 1% fee then I apologize for my response, yeah that isn't right.

My withdrawals were all shorted anywhere from 0.8-2% and and more recently all of my deposits were also 0.8-2% in their favor as well.

The Jazz example is fair but it isn't the same situation.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    There seems to be a premium for their payment processor to guarantee the rate.

If you wait about 10 mins before actually doing the send, so it is not confirmed until after the 15 mins has expired I think you'll find the rate is closer to what you expect.

Worth a try and seeing how much is credited I think?

I am going to try that and report back when I do.

Thanks
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Frank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I did not deposit.

LowVig Bettor Services"

I've used LowVig for Deposits and PO's quite a few times. If you type in 3,000 it should give you exactly the BTC amount they want. So, you cross referenced the BTC amount (at a different website) and it added up to 3026.48?

I never had an issue on a LowVig deposit.... but I've had issues with LowVig PO's.

Hope you report back Frank and tell us what you did?

Did you take Optional's advice and just let the Bitcoin timer expire?

Aleksys
    Aleksys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

you can try deposit USD100 for example and see what amount you get

Frank

Just sent the deposit.

I waited until after the timer expired.

I sent the exact bitcoin amount they asked me to send.

It came to 3024.33

Within a minute it was credited to my account for 3000.13.

Still 0/3 confirmations.

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/0d...659a4fc886cbd3

Optional

Thanks for trying Frank.

It was worth 3017 at the moment it was sent according to blockchain.com btw.

TheMoneyShot

Just sent the deposit.

I waited until after the timer expired.

I sent the exact bitcoin amount they asked me to send.

It came to 3024.33

Still 0/3 confirmations.

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/0d...659a4fc886cbd3
    Wow. Shouldn't even be that far off. I've sent 4,000 before and i sent exactly the going rate of 4,000 in BTC.... perfect conversion.

Something is definitely wrong with LowVig's processor. There's always a problem.... customer support clueless.... in all aspects.

It's just a damn shame.

Hey remember Optional.... I'm getting that PO from Betonline soon lol remember my post to you in a different thread? I told you they will short me. Watch. If they don't... I will praise them.... but there's ALWAYS AN ISSUE.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16961

As mentioned in a previous thread, I lose about 1% on all deposits and withdrawals with the BOL books. I've done three more transactions since then with the same results.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    As mentioned in a previous thread, I lose about 1% on all deposits and withdrawals with the BOL books. I've done three more transactions since then with the same results.
    It's mind blowing when books say Bitcoin PO's FREE. Then they jab you with the 1%. Just overall bad business.

Then you ask customer service what's this all about? They always reply... "we have no control over Bitcoin fluctuation". lol Yeah... I get it.... it has nothing to do with fluctuation.... it's called your 1% service fee. Even though it's free. Like I said... it's bad business.

They should be straight forward with all this info on their webpage.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's mind blowing when books say Bitcoin PO's FREE. Then they jab you with the 1%. Just overall bad business.

Then you ask customer service what's this all about? They always reply... "we have no control over Bitcoin fluctuation". lol Yeah... I get it.... it has nothing to do with fluctuation.... it's called your 1% service fee. Even though it's free. Like I said... it's bad business.

They should be straight forward with all this info on their webpage.
    You guys keep insisting there is a "1% service fee" but there definitely isn't.

Frank's transaction posted above show's 0.5% difference to what he says was credited is another example of that.

Plus I am guessing from Frank's description of it being calculated and credited instantly, before confirmations, that they just gave him the guaranteed rate even if it was late.

If he had just sent what he though was $3000 worth, rather than the set amount for a guaranteed rate, it would have gone differently.

I didn't think it was worth trying to say that earlier and have you lot at me again over it, when you can see here that you don't even double check the rate properly and keep insisting at them and me that a 1% service charge exists.

TheMoneyShot

It came to 3024.33

You guys keep insisting there is a "1% service fee" but there definitely isn't.

Frank's transaction posted above show's 0.5% difference to what he says was credited is another example of that.

Plus I am guessing from Frank's description of it being calculated and credited instantly, before confirmations, that they just gave him the guaranteed rate even if it was late.

If he had just sent what he though was $3000 worth, rather than the set amount for a guaranteed rate, it would have gone differently.

I didn't think it was worth trying to say that earlier and have you lot at me again over it, when you can see here that you don't even double check the rate properly and keep insisting at them and me that a 1% service charge exists.
    Optional... Frank mentions the transaction above.... LowVig asked him to send $3,024.33 and LowVig only gave him $3,000.13

That doesn't seem alarming to you? I don't believe it's justified to pay an extra $24.00....

I don't recall any deposit that I got burned like that. Something is totally off. If you send $3,024.33 of BTC... you should get $3,024.33 in your acct. If anything... $1.00 to $2.00 difference... that's all.

Again.... I'd be whipping chairs around... because... I had to purchase the BTC.... (fees for that)... and then... I have to send the BTC to a book... and get smoked on fees again? Come on. I'm just saying... something is wrong.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Optional... Frank mentions the transaction above.... LowVig asked him to send $3,024.33 and LowVig only gave him $3,000.13
    Click the link to the blockchain explorer he posted.

Shows est value of $3017 at time of send.

About .5%, which I "think" is mostly for the guaranteed rate.

Also, feel free to post or PM me the transaction for your next payout from there if you think you are being ripped off. We can check the rate together.
    Last edited by Optional; 03-09-19 at 11:18 PM.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Also, feel free to post or PM me the transaction for your next payout from there if you think you are being ripped off. We can check the rate together.
    Why not just be up front with whatever feethey charge? If they need .5% of every deposit just say it rather than take it. I'd prefer no "guaranteed "rate which i have seen get credited in my account with 0 confirmations and not credited with 4+ confirmations. So to me its meaningless.

Most people assume the bitcoin values you get "guaranteed" is fair market value. Its trick on their part. Just be up front

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

You mean the spread between payouts and deposits is 1% or 2%? In my experience, the spread for BOL and LV has been negative (in my favor) on average. 0.51% in my favor on payouts, and 0.13% in their favor in deposits, for a net -38 bps spread (in my favor).

Bookmaker and 5D are a different story (bad), in my experience.

Freddys
    Freddys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I had the same problem with a website that accepts bitcoin deposits
    I have deposited 0.7 BTC and then the Bitcoin went down 30% in the same day !
    Never trust BTC, Bitcoin gambling is not safe !
    Last edited by Freddys; 03-10-19 at 06:50 PM.

TheMoneyShot

Thanks Optional. I'm putting the PO request in tonight. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

HedgeHog

I'll take you up on your offer. Here is my BTC addy from March 1st. I sent $2900 to Sportsbetting and received $2879.82. I only lost $20 on this transaction (2/3 of 1%), one of the best results I've ever had with them. Appreciate your feedback on this transaction.

372s9DynWPeEcMffcHJH5bxmbo9j2dZLTq

TheMoneyShot

I'll take you up on your offer. Here is my BTC addy from March 1st. I sent $2900 to Sportsbetting and received $2879.82. I only lost $20 on this transaction (2/3 of 1%), one of the best results I've ever had with them. Appreciate your feedback on this transaction.

It honestly blows my mind to see posts about conversion issues.

Books that I never seem to have a conversion issue with...

Heritage
    5Dimes

Of course I stay away from the books that piss on me... that's natural.

But sending a book around 3k.... and losing a $20 over it.... I'd be pissed off too.

I haven't funded a book in about 2.5 months... been playing with the same roll for awhile now. I hope processing hasn't changed at books??? This 0.5% and 1% is absurd in my eyes.

Optional

Blockchain estimated value at 2899.18 at the time it was sent.

You lost 0.65%

Did you send the exact amount asked for? And was it within that 15 minute window they offer?

If yes, then it's probably a guarantee premium.

If no to both of those, it's slightly higher than I would expect, but we are talking 6 or 7 bucks over $3000. Not alarming, could be just momentary differences between exchanges in real life use.

And more evidence that should suggest to you that there is no 1% fee.

You and TMS say this almost every time a thread about BOL group comes up. And in every thread you say it, someone else always pops in an mentions that they feel like they get fair rates here compared to other books.

Why do you think someone always replies like below to you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrakuda View Post

You mean the spread between payouts and deposits is 1% or 2%? In my experience, the spread for BOL and LV has been negative (in my favor) on average. 0.51% in my favor on payouts, and 0.13% in their favor in deposits, for a net -38 bps spread (in my favor).

Bookmaker and 5D are a different story (bad), in my experience.

I think you both have a negative idea in your head, and even 7 bucks swing over 3k is intolerable if it is BOL. As I have explained in our PMs, the books you like best definitely do charge a % premium on every transfer through their PSP. I don't believe BOL does. You get the market rate at that moment. Sometimes that moment is going to be better for you than others. But you should only rarely see a 1+% swing either way compared to what blockchain.com estimates. There is no set 1% fee.

TheMoneyShot

Optional...

Just so you know what my main concern is... if you request a PO from any book involving Bitcoin.... and you request 3,000 you should receive 3,000. Sure, you can verify the initiated amount on blockchain.

For example... I asked Heritage for 3,000 about 2 weeks ago. At blockchain it read 2,999.91 (now to me... that's very reasonable.) I'm not going to bitch about something like that.

And for another example... I've sent Heritage 3,000 worth.... and when it hits my acct.... it would be like 2,999.85 (something like that). Again... very reasonable.

I'm trying to remember a PO that I had an issue with? Possibly, Bookmaker 3-4 months ago? I asked for 2,000 and when it hit the chain it was like... 1,993.54 Now, to me... that's a little questionable. But, I did receive a promotion there.... so... it is what it is...

My point is... whatever it hits on the blockchain.... is the actual amount.... correct me if I'm wrong? I think that's what we all go by?

LowVig screwed me over before.... and it wasn't even close.

So, there's an issue when you put in an order to send a book 3,000 and they want you to send 3,024. That's some weird sh#$. I think the most I ever sent was an extra 11.00 and I didn't bitch about it because there was a cash bonus for 25%.

Again, I'm not doing business with those types of books EVER AGAIN.... who screw you like that. Yes, you're getting screwed. These books know exactly what's going on. They aren't doing a damn thing about it.

Optional

I do get you Money. And can' t really argue with your personal experience. I hope you also see it's not the same experience that most people who have responded each time you have said this have had too.

HedgeHog

Blockchain estimated value at 2899.18 at the time it was sent.

You lost 0.65%

Did you send the exact amount asked for? And was it within that 15 minute window they offer?

If yes, then it's probably a guarantee premium.

If no to both of those, it's slightly higher than I would expect, but we are talking 6 or 7 bucks over $3000. Not alarming, could be just momentary differences between exchanges in real life use.

And more evidence that should suggest to you that there is no 1% fee.

You and TMS say this almost every time a thread about BOL group comes up. And in every thread you say it, someone else always pops in an mentions that they feel like they get fair rates here compared to other books.

Why do you think someone always replies like below to you guys?

I think you both have a negative idea in your head, and even 7 bucks swing over 3k is intolerable if it is BOL. As I have explained in our PMs, the books you like best definitely do charge a % premium on every transfer through their PSP. I don't believe BOL does. You get the market rate at that moment. Sometimes that moment is going to be better for you than others. But you should only rarely see a 1+% swing either way compared to what blockchain.com estimates. There is no set 1% fee.
    Thanks for the feedback Optional. BTW, I always send well after the 15 minute window has expired, so I depend on the receiving book to credit me with actual market rate at that time. As I said, this was one of the better results I had with this brand of Books. I agree there is no "set" 1% fee, but I tend to lose this much with them each time on average. Depositing again today for their March Madness promo, and will post the result later.

Update: Sent $1015 and thrilled to get the same in my account. Also received $1000 FP for March Madness. Bonus code is 19Madness if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 03-11-19 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Update

Frank

Just made another deposit.

I wanted 3000

They asked me to send 3025.90

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/69...9ebf8ac7179831

It has not been credited yet.

I will update how much they give me when they do.

Frank

Credited for 3001.84

They are obviously charging a buffer fee.

TheMoneyShot

Just made another deposit.

I wanted 3000

They asked me to send 3025.90

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/69...9ebf8ac7179831

It has not been credited yet.

I will update how much they give me when they do.
    I just sent Bookmaker 1k and according to blockchain it was perfect conversion.

I use to like LowVig a lot.... and hearing what's going on with you.... and then I had a PO issue a few months back.... it's just not worth it.

Thanks for the post. People need to see this.

floki
    floki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

i think betonline uses coinbase bitcoin price for deposits

floki

and coinbase bitcoin price is usually lower than some of the other top exchanges, at times it could be over $150 lower, next time you send a deposit check the bitcoin price on coinbase
    Last edited by floki; 03-15-19 at 08:50 PM.

floki

dont know about withdrawals

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by floki View Post
    i think betonline uses coinbase bitcoin price for deposits
    That would be dumb of them to use Coinbase since they frown upon gambling websites.

Maybe Optional can check what Coinbase price was at the time and confirm.

12 Last