RobertAnthonyT7
    RobertAnthonyT7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1766

Bitpay account closed

Had the card since about the beginning. I was told today that my account has been closed by the Compliance Department and that my remaining funds ($3000+)in the account will be mailed back to me within 3/4 weeks in the form of a check. I’ve used the card a lot for full disclosure.

I’ve also been closed at Coinbase.

I guess my bitcoin use is over...

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

What happened man?

RobertAnthonyT7

I went to do a withdrawal. It didn’t work. Called the number on the back of the card. The guy told me the bad news. I’m fuked. Guess I have to drive to NJ. I don’t know. Disaster

RobertAnthonyT7

To be fair. I’ve won a lot. And lost more. Used that card constantly. Shocked it wasn’t sooner.

I just don’t know how I’m going to gamble online now. The industry is completely geared toward bitcoin.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

It’s easy to sell bitcoin. Sell on local bitcoin for cash deposit to your bank account. Or sell on gemini, cashapp etc. just dont sell more than 20k or it triggers a 1099.

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    It’s easy to sell bitcoin. Sell on local bitcoin for cash deposit to your bank account. Or sell on gemini, cashapp etc. just dont sell more than 20k or it triggers a 1099.
    Seems like the BitPay Card was the easiest way. This sucks bad

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25242

Was the reason that you used it too much? Did you send payout directly from site to bitpay?

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Was the reason that you used it too much? Did you send payout directly from site to bitpay?

I never once sent it directly. Used blockchain every time. I’m assuming it’s because I used it too much.

RobertAnthonyT7

I knew I was DONE. I didn’t feel like getting into a debate or ask questions I wouldn’t get an answer for regardless

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13510

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    How do u send bitcoin to cashapp?

Pinoy-T-X

That’s weird that they cut you off like that. Unless they suspected you were using it for gambling. How often did you cash out?

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25242

At least you get your money sent to you. I just received my bitpay card. What is the right way to use this card without having issues?

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

Quote Originally Posted by RobertAnthonyT7 View Post
    I went to do a withdrawal. It didn’t work. Called the number on the back of the card. The guy told me the bad news. I’m fuked. Guess I have to drive to NJ. I don’t know. Disaster
    Did you use it (debit card) to fund any DFs sites like draftkings, adw accounts like xpressbet or tvg or any fiat offshore books....as I’ve heard others where account closed due to that..... sign up with Gemini for ach transfers

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    At least you get your money sent to you. I just received my bitpay card. What is the right way to use this card without having issues?
    The main thing you can do is to not send directly from a bookmaker to Bitpay.

So that if they identify a group of wallet IDs that belong to a book, they can't simply search their own records to find you.

If you use a middleman wallet the only way they will notice the gambling activity is if your account is flagged for a full review and your deposited bitcoin traced back several levels.

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The main thing you can do is to not send directly from a bookmaker to Bitpay.

So that if they identify a group of wallet IDs that belong to a book, they can't simply search their own records to find you.

If you use a middleman wallet the only way they will notice the gambling activity is if your account is flagged for a full review and your deposited bitcoin traced back several levels.

I middled every time. I did cash out a lot. I make big bets. Win big. Lose big. Lost more than I’ve won

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Did you use it (debit card) to fund any DFs sites like draftkings, adw accounts like xpressbet or tvg or any fiat offshore books....as I’ve heard others where account closed due to that..... sign up with Gemini for ach transfers
    Never. Not once.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

I middled every time. I did cash out a lot. I make big bets. Win big. Lose big. Lost more than I’ve won
    If it was to do with gambling transactions, I suspect they would have told you that was the case.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    How do u send bitcoin to cashapp?
    Cash App isn't accepting deposits yet, you can only sell what you bought through them and never withdrew.

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If it was to do with gambling transactions, I suspect they would have told you that was the case.
    This has happened to me before. I had my account closed at Citibank and TD Bank. They don’t have to tell the person they are closing anything. I’ve previously asked and not given an answer. That’s why this time- I didn’t put up a fight or even bother asking.

I don’t agree with the idea that they would have told me if they suspected it was gambling.

I could be an outlier or the beginning of a crackdown. Time will tell.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Why not simply use Kraken? Smaller fees than coinbase and they accept US clients. Never had a problem with them, just send the coins to blockchain first. Withdrawals in your bank account the next day.

ATC727
    ATC727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Easy solution get the card under someone else’s name... done . Check.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by ATC727 View Post
    Easy solution get the card under someone else’s name... done . Check.
    Yep. Hopefully you're close enough to someone that you can get their SSN too

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Robert Anthony... come on man... tell us some details. We've had this card since it was practically available.... 2 full years now?

What the heck did you do? Were you moving 5k+ each time? Give us some info. Were you going to ATM's constantly?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pablo222

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Robert Anthony... come on man... tell us some details. We've had this card since it was practically available.... 2 full years now?

What the heck did you do? Were you moving 5k+ each time? Give us some info. Were you going to ATM's constantly?
    Fair question. I already stated- I hit the ATM a lot. Permitted $2960 per day. $740 a withdrawals. I’ve had very large payouts on numerous occasions. I hit Bookmakers $100K limit one month. Never had a problem. Now it’s over. Not going to ask my gf to get involved w this crap and open a new card. I’m just toast

Pinoy-T-X

100K?!
    Holy crap..... that would do it.

littlekona

Like anything you have to be smart. If you have big hits spread it out with the other opinions like localbitcoins, ATM, exchanges, gift cards ect....I would hate to lose my bitpay

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    100K?!
    Holy crap..... that would do it.
    Yes, lasted a while.... I had the winning streak of my life early summer, hitting the ATM almost everyday.

Would of been nice if they shut me down before I lost.

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Like anything you have to be smart. If you have big hits spread it out with the other opinions like localbitcoins, ATM, exchanges, gift cards ect....I would hate to lose my bitpay
    It's like a part of me is gone...

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Robert at those levels this is a blessing in disguise. Dont forget you gave them your social security number when you got that card.

Start selling your BTC on peer to peer exchanges like LocalBitcoins for cash, or cash deposits. You can sell above market rate, and not leave the paper trail

Also, if you dont want to wait 3-4 weeks, call Bitpay back, ask them to re open your card for 1 hour so you can withdraw your balance. I asked and they did it for me when they closed my card also

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    Robert at those levels this is a blessing in disguise. Dont forget you gave them your social security number when you got that card.

Start selling your BTC on peer to peer exchanges like LocalBitcoins for cash, or cash deposits. You can sell above market rate, and not leave the paper trail

Also, if you dont want to wait 3-4 weeks, call Bitpay back, ask them to re open your card for 1 hour so you can withdraw your balance. I asked and they did it for me when they closed my card also
    Ok, I will,,, thanks

RobertAnthonyT7

I wouldn't be able to get my full amount though becasue I have over $3000 in the account and the max per day at the ATM is $2,960. I also think they want nothing to do with me.

littlekona

I wouldn't be able to get my full amount though becasue I have over $3000 in the account and the max per day at the ATM is $2,960. I also think they want nothing to do with me.
    walmart money orders or post office

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

Take look at selling Bitcoin for USDC. You can then have USDC transferred to your bank account. Nothing is reported...at least for the time being.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

How much are we talking about here ? I know it's none of my business but I've cashed out nearly 50k in the last 90 days with no issues.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    How much are we talking about here ? I know it's none of my business but I've cashed out nearly 50k in the last 90 days with no issues.
    Ok 100k in 30 days yeah that's being way too impatient buddy.

123 Last