BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I really hate to hear this type of shit fml

RobertAnthonyT7
    RobertAnthonyT7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1766

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I really hate to hear this type of shit fml

Yes. It’s horrible. I don’t know what the number is to get looked at. I’ve been doing this for a long time with no issues.

You know what might be a bad thing to do. I was directly paying off my Citibank Credit Card with the bitpay Debit Card. That’s something I’ve done more of recently. That may have triggered something. Bc I’ve been taking a lot of cash for a long time with no issues.

GordonGecko2011
    GordonGecko2011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2538

I thought you could only hold 25K in the bitpay card acct?

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko2011 View Post
    I thought you could only hold 25K in the bitpay card acct?
    Yes. It’s $25K. But you could keep reloading.

You could load up to $10K per day. But it’s not an actual day. Could get away with $10K in the morning and $10K at night. So really it’s like $20K per day.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25546

I hope you can find another way to do your bitcoin. Good luck.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

It's just like any prepaid card if you are moving that large amount of money they are going to get suspicious. Im sure they were assuming you were doing something illegal and didn't want to be involved. If you are dealing with large amounts of bitcoin it is best to spread it out with several different places. Most banks are scared of bitcoin and assume illegal activities are being done to get bitcoin. Most of the time it's true. The average bank customer does not use bitcoin.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    It's just like any prepaid card if you are moving that large amount of money they are going to get suspicious. Im sure they were assuming you were doing something illegal and didn't want to be involved. If you are dealing with large amounts of bitcoin it is best to spread it out with several different places. Most banks are scared of bitcoin and assume illegal activities are being done to get bitcoin. Most of the time it's true. The average bank customer does not use bitcoin.
    To your point...my local atm has the cast of characters that use...the jockish guys, sluty woman all ages, dirt bag tattoo guys, black guys rolling in lot in caddy....

lotuspod
    lotuspod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4023

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The main thing you can do is to not send directly from a bookmaker to Bitpay.

So that if they identify a group of wallet IDs that belong to a book, they can't simply search their own records to find you.

If you use a middleman wallet the only way they will notice the gambling activity is if your account is flagged for a full review and your deposited bitcoin traced back several levels.
    Unfortunately these kinds of tools are getting much more efficient and used more often, even going back dozens or more 'hops' is becoming ever more trivial. Especially with the rise of btc price in late 2017 - many different programs were funded to track btc and other major cryptos for a multitude of reasons, gambling is only a small part of it.

Expect to see more and more issues like this as solutions get further refined and institutions get more involved in crypto.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by lotuspod View Post

Unfortunately these kinds of tools are getting much more efficient and used more often, even going back dozens or more 'hops' is becoming ever more trivial. Especially with the rise of btc price in late 2017 - many different programs were funded to track btc and other major cryptos for a multitude of reasons, gambling is only a small part of it.

Expect to see more and more issues like this as solutions get further refined and institutions get more involved in crypto.
    You're right that they could technically identify a lot more people gambling if they try harder.

For now, I think most exchanges do the minimum required by their license to identify gambling activity pro-actively though.

And I think if we help them by trying to respect their terms as much as possible that will continue for longer.

I agree it will become tough eventually if the ban on using crypto for gambling continues though.

lotuspod
    lotuspod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4023

You're right that they could technically identify a lot more people gambling if they try harder.

For now, I think most exchanges do the minimum required by their license to identify gambling activity pro-actively though.

And I think if we help them by trying to respect their terms as much as possible that will continue for longer.

I agree it will become tough eventually if the ban on using crypto for gambling continues though.
    Of course absolutely respect their terms, no question about that. But we should be aware that we (bettors) are most likely going to get thrown under the bus at the first sniff of any serious institutional money/partnerships/etc.

The people trying to secure some basic reasonable rights for individuals are in the vast minority, compared to the lambo/moon crypto crowd and the anti-crypto crowd.

RobertAnthonyT7

To your point Optional, I abused it for sure.

How is anyone supposed to know when they are taking to many withdrawals? It’s impossible to know.

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

The main thing you can do is to not send directly from a bookmaker to Bitpay.

So that if they identify a group of wallet IDs that belong to a book, they can't simply search their own records to find you.

If you use a middleman wallet the only way they will notice the gambling activity is if your account is flagged for a full review and your deposited bitcoin traced back several levels.

Damn why the fuk did I not know this before? Every transaction that I have ever made from my bitpay wallet is either

directly to a S-book, or getting a payout directly from a S-book.

I guess I will be screwed before long.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by RobertAnthonyT7 View Post
    To your point Optional, I abused it for sure.

How is anyone supposed to know when they are taking to many withdrawals? It’s impossible to know.
    I wasn't suggesting you abused it.

I was mostly interested if it was for gambling connections or something else.

Not many have been canned before, so agree it's hard to know how many is too many. Or what is acceptable.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool20 View Post
    Damn why the fuk did I not know this before? Every transaction that I have ever made from my bitpay wallet is either

Bitpay don't seem to be overly concerned about trying to spot it Joe.

If you stop you'll likely be fine.

But it is smart to always own (as in hold the private key) one of the wallets involved in every transaction you do

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15769

Yes. It’s horrible. I don’t know what the number is to get looked at. I’ve been doing this for a long time with no issues.

You know what might be a bad thing to do. I was directly paying off my Citibank Credit Card with the bitpay Debit Card. That’s something I’ve done more of recently. That may have triggered something. Bc I’ve been taking a lot of cash for a long time with no issues.

I may be slow this morning, but how did you do that, paying a card off with another card?

RobertAnthonyT7

BREAKING NEWS:

I was not the only one. I asked why it would take so long to receive a check. Answer- You were not the only one.

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    I may be slow this morning, but how did you do that, paying a card off with another card?
    I was desperate one Sunday morning to make room on my available credit card balance in order to deposit into Bookmaker. I discovred I could pay use my Bitpay debit card to pay off my Citibank Credit Card. Not Chase though

RobertAnthonyT7

I wasn't suggesting you abused it.

I was mostly interested if it was for gambling connections or something else.

Not many have been canned before, so agree it's hard to know how many is too many. Or what is acceptable.
    Just gambling man, I have a regular job.

RobertAnthonyT7

This must be a very big deal for the company. Usually when you call customer service, they don't know sh*t or what you're talking about. Not this time. Both times I called they had information and immediately knew what I was talking about.

Sucks man. I hit big last night. Now I have to do a godammn wire. Pay ridiculous fees. Wait a week probably. Risk my bank account getting shut down. I have no other choice.

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

This must be a very big deal for the company. Usually when you call customer service, they don't know sh*t or what you're talking about. Not this time. Both times I called they had information and immediately knew what I was talking about.

Sucks man. I hit big last night. Now I have to do a godammn wire. Pay ridiculous fees. Wait a week probably. Risk my bank account getting shut down. I have no other choice.
    Why don't you use another bitcoin exchange? Worried about taxes?

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Why don't you use another bitcoin exchange? Worried about taxes?
    I called Bookmaker today. There is nothing on the market comparable to the Bitpay Card. It's instantaneous, convenient, and simple to use.

I was closed at Coinbase 18 months ago. So, that's out.

I was told Gemini takes a few days to do a transaction. That's a disaster...

Looks like bank wires and trips to the NJ border....

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

I do the same thing since I stopped using my blockchain wallet and set up a bitpay wallet.

Shifty

I called Bookmaker today. There is nothing on the market comparable to the Bitpay Card. It's instantaneous, convenient, and simple to use.

I was closed at Coinbase 18 months ago. So, that's out.

I was told Gemini takes a few days to do a transaction. That's a disaster...

Looks like bank wires and trips to the NJ border....
    With USDC money gets wired to your bank the same day but you'd probably get booted eventually with your volume. $25K limit per day.

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    With USDC money gets wired to your bank the same day but you'd probably get booted eventually with your volume. $25K limit per day.
    It's probably something obvious. What's USDC?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I mean were you putting 5-10K a week over this thing? I'm wondering what kind on #'s got it cancelled.....Asking for a friend...
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Was the reason that you used it too much? Did you send payout directly from site to bitpay?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

My guess is they suspect flat out $ laundering......it stinks of it..
    Yes, lasted a while.... I had the winning streak of my life early summer, hitting the ATM almost everyday.

Would of been nice if they shut me down before I lost.

Shifty

It's probably something obvious. What's USDC?
    USDC is crypto pegged to the US Dollar. You can trade it on several exchanges. Google "Circle USDC"

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I mean were you putting 5-10K a week over this thing? I'm wondering what kind on #'s got it cancelled.....Asking for a friend...

It varied. I put a lot of $$$ on the card man

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Garbage thread

If people have a hard time with details, why bother making a thread

Garbage

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Bitpay don't seem to be overly concerned about trying to spot it Joe.

If you stop you'll likely be fine.

But it is smart to always own (as in hold the private key) one of the wallets involved in every transaction you do

I think I will get a blockchain wallet. It is as simple as giving them an e-mail address!!

I remember now how many times you (and others) have said "btc from S-book to blockchain, block chain to bitpay."

I just didn't really know why, or what it meant! Now I get it!!

Thanks!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I remember about 4 months having the card... lost my roll at one of my books. Needed to use the funds from the card to fund the book. It was around 4.2k

Yep, lost on fees... international... whatever they charge.. etc.

Got a customer support call from Bitpay... about 5 minutes after the transaction. Hello sir... this is security calling.. we just want to make sure that you authorized the charge. I said... yes i did. Ok... wonderful sir. That's all we needed to know. Have a wonderful day.

They never warned me about anything... never hinted anything like closing an acct. It's been 18 months since that transaction... possibly longer.

I try to make 1 deposit on the card a month.... and 1-3 debits per month. And honestly... I don't even hit that avg... so... if you seldom use the card... they won't bother you.

RobertAnthonyT7

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Garbage thread

If people have a hard time with details, why bother making a thread

Garbage

Garbage thread? Only bringing a major issue to light. You are garbage. How am I supposed to recall ever payout? Of course it varies. Sometimes I win. Sometimes I lose. It’s nothing like getting a paycheck dummy.

RobertAnthonyT7

The point of this thread is to let other people who gamble to be careful with the BITPAY Card. They are shutting people down. This is a major development in the industry.

Should people who use it seldomly be ok? Sure. Then again- who knows what technology they are using.

As as I said previously. I used it a lot. What’s a lot? Some weeks I was at the ATM everyday.

I had a lot of money going in and out. For a long time now. I deposit with my CC and received payouts with BITPAY.

I will say my CC never complained to me.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25546

Maybe I should start a separate thread, but I received a notification from Shiftcard today that "they will be retiring the program in April".

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

i wouldn’t worry, they probably aren’t too concerned with amounts in the $50-75 range

First 123 Last