It's about time I start switching from Skrill (which is getting greedier by the day) to crypto, so I'm looking for a bit of advice on what crypto to use. I have used Bitcoin in the past, but really dislike its volatility you're exposed to while waiting for deposits and withdraws to clear. I know, I know, long term maybe it evens out (and you can basically hedge out most of the risk while shorting), but I personally don't like it. I need withdraws to cost percentage points, not actually percents, or it just doesn't make sense.

I've investigated tether, which is supposedly backed by the USD, and therefore very stable in price. Perfect! Bookmaker accepts it. There's some doubt whether tether isn't a scam but as long as you're not holding it (and why should you) it seems like the perfect tool for all of you USD-bettors; unfortunately, I'm EUR-based and going from EUR to tether is for some mysterious reason a nightmare that involves shady little exchanges that will rape you in their fees.

That leaves my questions, are there any options out there less volatile and/or faster (decreasing holding period would obv also do the trick) than Bitcoin? Thanks!