EGani23
    EGani23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Coinbase

Hello,
    I made a withdraw of a Dime from a Website to my Coinbase account. I used the BHC Bitcoin Cash address supplied by Coinbase & the money never showed up. I called Customer Service & they told me that the money is on the chain & that I can not get the money & that it’s gone. I blew up & said my money is just gone & there is nothing I can do? The Rep said there is nothing I could do but call the Merchant who stated that there is no way to reverse. My guestion is will I or is there anyway to get my $? Any feed would appreciated!

Guy n underwear
    Making picks in a Motel 6
    Guy n underwear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Perhaps it could be that 5-dimes has a Bitcoin address and Coinbase gave you a "bitcoin cash" address. The Hash is the same length but the coins are different. So if that is the case, you money is gone and can never be return..

On a side note, if coinbase "suspects" you are getting gambling funds they will close your account.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

There may be a way as coinbase does support bitcoin cash...I am no expert but If u google search others have had sucesss getting coins back..

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by EGani23 View Post
    Hello,
    I made a withdraw of a Dime from a Website to my Coinbase account. I used the BHC Bitcoin Cash address supplied by Coinbase & the money never showed up. I called Customer Service & they told me that the money is on the chain & that I can not get the money & that it’s gone. I blew up & said my money is just gone & there is nothing I can do? The Rep said there is nothing I could do but call the Merchant who stated that there is no way to reverse. My guestion is will I or is there anyway to get my $? Any feed would appreciated!
    Coinbase definitely CAN help you if they choose to.

The owner of the private key for the BCH address you sent to can use it to generate a corresponding BTC wallet and retrieve the money that way.

If they refuse to do that, a financial regulator in your state or Coinbases would surely insist they help. It's like a 3 minute job.
    Last edited by Optional; 11-28-18 at 02:51 PM.