lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

6 hours and 0 confirmations...

wanted to make a deposit at Cloudbet 6 hours ago with regular fee from blockchain.info, still no confirmation

seems like network overloaded because people do panic sellings

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Yeah it sucks. I'm waiting 8 hours now for a confirmation. It seems bitcoin is back to its old ways. It was actually fast and cheap for several months. I'm going back to p2p transfers. Bitcoin is garbage and I can't believe people actually think it will become a mainstream way to transfer money. Its quicker to send money in the mail than use bitcoin.

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Yeah it sucks. I'm waiting 8 hours now for a confirmation. It seems bitcoin is back to its old ways. It was actually fast and cheap for several months. I'm going back to p2p transfers. Bitcoin is garbage and I can't believe people actually think it will become a mainstream way to transfer money. Its quicker to send money in the mail than use bitcoin.
    Never a mainstream payment method. But in the near future it could become a safe haven during a big financial crisis when people lose confidence in fiat money. Euro might collapse in 2-3 years. Next crisis should become bigger than the last one. Of course only if Bitcoin survives the current negative trend.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

Surprised how easily it is clogged back up.

lonnie55

24 hours and still not a single confirmation...
    Last edited by lonnie55; 11-21-18 at 06:57 AM.

lotuspod
    lotuspod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4023

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Never a mainstream payment method. But in the near future it could become a safe haven during a big financial crisis when people lose confidence in fiat money. Euro might collapse in 2-3 years. Next crisis should become bigger than the last one. Of course only if Bitcoin survives the current negative trend.
    This. It's not meant to be a replacement for Paypal, debit cards, or smaller processors...that's only if they can get lightning to work well - which is still a few years away most likely. The base layer of btc is really only meant for larger settlements, a store of value.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

Quote Originally Posted by lotuspod View Post
    This. It's not meant to be a replacement for Paypal, debit cards, or smaller processors...that's only if they can get lightning to work well - which is still a few years away most likely. The base layer of btc is really only meant for larger settlements, a store of value.
    Would Satoshi agree that is what bitcoin was "meant" for?

I don't think so.

That's the line people parrot to excuse what Bitcoin Core group has done with it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mrpapageorgio

Justwinbaby0_0
    Justwinbaby0_0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Live look at BTC

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

When there's more congestion, you should increase the fee you're paying.

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    It was before the crash when I sent the money. I couldn't know.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    Of course, but unfortunately a lot of the places I deal with will not let you adjust the fee and they send with super low fees. Very frustrating.