oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

To coinbase or not to coinbase that is the question

I have seen multiple people saying coinbase has changed their fees and rules and this and that. I haven't had to buy any bitcoin for quite some time now, and I was wondering should I still be using coinbase or not? I currently use coinbase and airbitz. Any insight or recommendations would be appreciated. TIA

oChRoNiCo

Anyone used CEX or GDAX? I have it narrowed down to those 2 being the best option for me personally to replace coinbase.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15781

I use Coinbase and Airbitz (make sure you download the Edge application as the Airbitz one I believe will eventually be phased out and I and others have problems with it). Not sure about your fees question.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by oChRoNiCo View Post
    Anyone used CEX or GDAX? I have it narrowed down to those 2 being the best option for me personally to replace coinbase.
    Gdax (now Coinbase Pro) is the trading platform of Coinbase

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

If you have a Coinbase account you can already login at GDAX.

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

Coinbase Pro (formerly GDAX) has low fees. It's .0025% to buy BTC. I don't know any cheaper options.

oChRoNiCo

Ok I went to the website logged in and it just keeps freezing up. Is there an app? I looked and I saw a lot of apps that say GDAX seems odd to see multiple apps for it right?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Ok I went to the website logged in and it just keeps freezing up. Is there an app? I looked and I saw a lot of apps that say GDAX seems odd to see multiple apps for it right?
    There's no official app for Coinbase Pro (just the regular Coinbase app). Are you going to pro.coinbase.com or gdax.com. Login through the former since they're phasing out the GDAX branding and switching to Coinbase Pro as the new name.