Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15781

Right Into Thin Air?

This morning 5 hours ago I sent money from Coinbase to my Airbitz wallet. I copied and pasted the receiving email address from Airbitz as I always have, and have checked and rechecked it and it is correct. Those 5 hours have passed and I have not received or even had Airbitz's app acknowledge the transaction (no "ding" with the icon "you have received bitcoin)."

My transaction has 26 confirmations and Coinbase said everything is clean on their end. Again I have the RIGHT Airbitz address. Their telephone support is basically non existent.

Am I out of luck (and money)?

Thanks for reading and any advice in advance.

GordonGecko2011
    GordonGecko2011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2538

coinbase to other wallets sucks ass. It takes forever. Usually an hour. 5 hours seems a little excessive. I would try downloading the Edge app which is the upgrade to airbitz for future transactions.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

I'm in the same boat with a transaction from my blockchain wallet to bitpay sent yesterday. I'm at 143 confirmations now and bitpay hasn't received it.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

You guys wont lose your money. But not sure what is going on.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    This morning 5 hours ago I sent money from Coinbase to my Airbitz wallet. I copied and pasted the receiving email address from Airbitz as I always have, and have checked and rechecked it and it is correct. Those 5 hours have passed and I have not received or even had Airbitz's app acknowledge the transaction (no "ding" with the icon "you have received bitcoin
    My transaction has 26 confirmations and Coinbase said everything is clean on their end. Again I have the RIGHT Airbitz address. Their telephone support is basically non existent.

Am I out of luck (and money)?

Thanks for reading and any advice in advance.
    Use the wallet at Coinbase. Never had a problem. Hope it gets resolved soon for you.

qsgsg
    qsgsg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

Likely just a balance update delay. Server side.

qsgsg
    qsgsg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Use the wallet at Coinbase. Never had a problem. Hope it gets resolved soon for you.
    This is a risky suggestion. Any exchange is prone to being hacked and the likelihood of an exchange being hacked is higher than them hacking an individual's wallet.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

This is why I would never do big money transactions with bitcoin. Customer service for most of these places is non-existent. Also if you get hacked good luck ever seeing your money again. At least if my bank account gets hacked or someone steals my debit card I can get the money refunded. Bitcoin is dangeous.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko2011 View Post
    coinbase to other wallets sucks ass. It takes forever. Usually an hour. 5 hours seems a little excessive. I would try downloading the Edge app which is the upgrade to airbitz for future transactions.

Just got back into internet range.
    Thanks for the replies guys
    The Airbitz app for many now is dated, including me. They are now part of "The Edge." I just wish I didn't have to put the time in to figure it out, I wished they have notified people/me. Gordon you are the winner, a lucky google search in stationary in traffic turned that up. They were of no help. Thanks to luck and Gordon.

5918mike

Any update Microphone?

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR

Hi Mike,
    Yes see above post. It was announced last Fall that Airbitz was becoming a part of the Edge https://airbitz.co/go/airbitz-now-edge/

But I used the Airbitz app successfully until this initial post. Then GordonGecko jogged my memory and I downloaded the Edge app and my money was there. Maybe I didn't state it clearly above, sorry.

I skimmed the link above. I didn't see any drop dead change date. So this was startling and anyone who isn't on a forum like this is getting the news even later or still not at all. I got NO email or any other communications about this change. You'll see a few other threads started Mike here in Bitcoin Sports Betting where people have had the same problem.

For the record, I reinstalled the Airbitz app; there was one feature I liked better than the Edge has and I was just curious if it worked and voila, my latest transaction finally showed up. For the moment both work. Not sure that's a good thing.

Are you all set Mike?

5918mike

Thanks, I'm still trying to get a response from bitpay on my issue, different from yours but it's good to see you got a resolution.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR

Keep us up to date and good luck.