jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

9 Wickets Keeps Eliminating Markets

It is basically just a tennis, horse and soccer book

Taking away all risk

I would be careful playing here

Dear Valued Customer,Please be informed that 9Wickets Member site Product & Bet Type will be adjusted as below details after Maintenance on 09th May 2018:-1) 3 products below will be removed from 9Wickets:
    - Basketball, American Football & Rugby Union

2) The bet types offered are as follow:
    - Tennis > Match Odds
    - Soccer > Match Odds & O/U offer up to 4.5 market
    - Cricket > Match Odds, Tied match, Complete match, First Inning all Runs market, Second Innings only 6 Over market.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Weird.

jjgold

I pulled out

It could be underfunded

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

I have high volume there on horses and I know others do too...had that one issue that optional helped resolve but other then that they have been very good...orbitx I use too and like but the Mobil and iPad app sucks while the 9wickets mobile and iPad is excellent...hope they stick around

jjgold

it seems 9wickets just a tennis and horse book now which is not a bad thing..maybe they are just keeping liquid market sports

Craig22
    Craig22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

They also have something designated as "low liquidity"- where they won't take live bets. I noticed this on many of the soccer markets.

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10462

my horse exchange account with 9wickets was disabled for a bit. when i asked ac88 about it this is response i got. i have no idea what it means. has anyone gotten this response. or possibly translate.

hi again sir, as per Upline's feedback regarding your concern, "For Horse Racing Total, matched less than USD 5k, will be disable from Betting. "

Craig22

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    my horse exchange account with 9wickets was disabled for a bit. when i asked ac88 about it this is response i got. i have no idea what it means. has anyone gotten this response. or possibly translate.

hi again sir, as per Upline's feedback regarding your concern, "For Horse Racing Total, matched less than USD 5k, will be disable from Betting. "
    Really? I bet horses with them too. What is going on with this place? It's an exchange.

Foosball Champ

my message may be the same as Craig22.

Foosball Champ

so it looks like 9wickets open they up the market with 3 minutes to post time on horse racing.

Craig22

so it looks like 9wickets open they up the market with 3 minutes to post time on horse racing.
    Yep, they are completely useless now- joke of a place. Can't place a bet until the market is efficient right before the race starts. It seems that they analyze everyone's account individually, and decide how best to proceed even though they are supposed to be an exchange.
    Last edited by Craig22; 06-11-18 at 01:35 PM.

Foosball Champ

as per Upline's full information, please see the details belowWe regret to inform you that as checked with 3rd party from today onwards they have set a new rules :-1). For Soccer, Tennis and Cricket. Total matched less than USD 20k, will be disable from betting. 2). For Horse Racing Total matched less than USD 5k, will be disable from Betting. As 3rd party found many cheated case, therefore, they set this kind of rule to control. Sorry for the inconveniences cause.Thank you for understanding

Craig22

as per Upline's full information, please see the details belowWe regret to inform you that as checked with 3rd party from today onwards they have set a new rules :-1). For Soccer, Tennis and Cricket. Total matched less than USD 20k, will be disable from betting. 2). For Horse Racing Total matched less than USD 5k, will be disable from Betting. As 3rd party found many cheated case, therefore, they set this kind of rule to control. Sorry for the inconveniences cause.Thank you for understanding
    Well, no one is going to use their exchange if they can't place a bet 80% of the time. Plenty of people bet off tipsters when placing bets, yet they think that is cheating. I guess if you're winning and they are losing, then they consider you a cheater....hmmm. I hope Orbit is different and they don't lay a good percentage of the action..etc.

Foosball Champ

well there it is. they just called all AC88 customers cheaters.

Craig22

well there it is. they just called all AC88 customers cheaters.
    Unfortunate, I did really like their interface and software, easy to navigate and simple to use.

Foosball Champ

well 9wickets punked out
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig22 View Post
    Unfortunate, I did really like their interface and software, easy to navigate and simple to use.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

They are required to take part of the action. I don't really understand why on an exchange but that is the info we have.

Speaking to AC a few months back when some players accounts were suspended, apparently 9wickets believed some players were manipulating the price on 9wickets early markets to then bet the other side on Betfair full exchange for guaranteed winnings.

At least one of the players with an account suspended was definitely not doing that, and only playing small bets under $100. Which suggested that 9wickets were either paranoid, had no idea what they were talking about, or so sloppy they would inconvenience a very obviously innocent player without checking the account properly first.

To me it felt very much like 9wickets management were betting scared and it set of a red flag for me.

I'd just keep right away from them personally. Can't see it ending well.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They are required to take part of the action. I don't really understand why on an exchange but that is the info we have.

Speaking to AC a few months back when some players accounts were suspended, apparently 9wickets believed some players were manipulating the price on 9wickets early markets to then bet the other side on Betfair full exchange for guaranteed winnings.

At least one of the players with an account suspended was definitely not doing that, and only playing small bets under $100. Which suggested that 9wickets were either paranoid, had no idea what they were talking about, or so sloppy they would inconvenience a very obviously innocent player without checking the account properly first.

To me it felt very much like 9wickets management were betting scared and it set of a red flag for me.

An exchange is really no different than a "normal" bookmaker. 95% of the liquidity comes from their own "market makers", those are the bots that post the prices and if you match any of those bets you are actually matching a bet against the exchange, not another client. That's the reason Betfair introduced their Premium Charges. They can't sustain long time winners because those people are actually taking Betfair's money. This is why Betfair has been closing agent accounts (those clients are generally winners) and require affiliates like 9wickets to take part of the action (and risk).

Smarkets works in the same way but are so far content with a far smaller profit margin. As soon as they release their public API, I see them going the same way as Betfair went though.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Foosball Champ

jjgold

I do not play there anymore

They seem underfunded

Craig22

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Do we know if Orbit has to take a piece of the action? If they are, then this could also present a problem long-term.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Do we know if Orbit has to take a piece of the action? If they are, then this could also present a problem long-term.
    Probably yes, but there is no reason for that to be a problem. If they have a large enough client base consisting of not only sharp players they can be profitable. Their average 4% commission is good enough.

Betkeen, offered by the agent Easysportsbet is another Betfair clone with an even lower commission. Their commission structure is a bit weird though so be sure to read up on it.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

at orbit i keep getting "you have reached your exposure limit ,contact your agent". this happens for amounts small as 500 euro. The other day i deposited and couldn't make any wager . It just pops randomly, I have given up with these copy exchanges and will stick books or if possible get a real betfair account

Craig22

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    at orbit i keep getting "you have reached your exposure limit ,contact your agent". this happens for amounts small as 500 euro. The other day i deposited and couldn't make any wager . It just pops randomly, I have given up with these copy exchanges and will stick books or if possible get a real betfair account
    Per bet? Or in total exposure across all games at any given time?

thespeculator

Per bet? Or in total exposure across all games at any given time?
    i made a deposit, for 500 euro. Then i went to place a lay bet on a horse race and then it said that . I never have more than one position at a time and I can't find anywhere on the site where it gives you total exposure.

rottweiler22
    rottweiler22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 182

I bet on 9wicket and I'm going to stop because of this issue low liquidity
    Orbit will not be a good alternative?

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    I had that happen a few times on my horse wagers which are no more then 500 Euro usually most of time closer to 100....I contacted AC88 and they cleared it up and it has not happened again......Orbitx mobile is just very hard to do horses on esp if you set a market price...the desktop version though is fine....I just love the 9wickets mobile! I cant understand why they invested so much in getting a great mobile site and then impose these ridiculous rules and market restrictions...U would think the more action the better so they get there 3% cut as its an exchange....I cant figure how guys cheat them as bookmakers in UK buy back and take both sides all the time to guarantee profits...For UK horses Fairlay is fine though they grade slower and have the rule if there is a late scratch that is under 40-1 the race is void...but for USA tracks 9wickets and or orbitx was the best option

MrMM
    MrMM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

This is a vicious circle, because 9wickets have little liquidity because they share a small number of markets.
    Their soft is much better than the soft OrbitEX, but Orbit provides a lot more markets.
    That's why people choose Orbits.

Craig22

Did they change their policy? Previously, they weren't opening markets if the volume on the game was under 5k matched, but I'm seeing it open now with under 5k matched.

littlekona

Did they change their policy? Previously, they weren't opening markets if the volume on the game was under 5k matched, but I'm seeing it open now with under 5k matched.
    I see some current races under 5k liquidity open then next race which is low under 100 euro listed as low liquidity and Greyed out.....confusing

thespeculator

i have joined a new betfair type called mountbet through the brokerstorm.com. It looks like 9wickets, but has all the markets like orbitx. I just got frustrated with orbit , constantly getting the "you have reached your exposure limit.

I will keep you guys updated how this one goes

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

A little disappointed with 9wickets I must confess. They advertise "all betfair exchange markets available" yet plenty of them missing.
    Best alternative I found so far was Betkeen (Easysportbet).

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    A little disappointed with 9wickets I must confess. They advertise "all betfair exchange markets available" yet plenty of them missing.
    Best alternative I found so far was Betkeen (Easysportbet).
    For what wickets offers they are excellent esp for horses...use orbitx for other markets or try Fairlay if your ok w btc exclusive odds are similar w lower commission

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Thanks, tried Fairlay but I don't think their odds are competitive, it's a fake exchange using Pinnacle odds + additional margin.

Jose85
    Jose85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

9wickets
    They have disable all markets with low liquidity in order to avoid fund passing.
    I can Not make trading or surebet anymore there.

Orbit
    The have all markets open but the software have a lot of problems.
    Have a big delays sometimes if your bet are accepted or not also for (exposure limit) I never understand what is that and also i loose money on trading when they saw me that message and dont let me place my bet !!

Mountbet
    That i use know
    All the markets are open -nice software-low commission.
    But To many maintance service every week .
    I think that is the best choice for me!!

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by Jose85 View Post
    9wickets
    They have disable all markets with low liquidity in order to avoid fund passing.
    I can Not make trading or surebet anymore there.

Orbit
    The have all markets open but the software have a lot of problems.
    Have a big delays sometimes if your bet are accepted or not also for (exposure limit) I never understand what is that and also i loose money on trading when they saw me that message and dont let me place my bet !!

Mountbet
    That i use know
    All the markets are open -nice software-low commission.
    But To many maintance service every week .
    I think that is the best choice for me!!
    Mountbet is a great site with all the markets of betfair. Had one payout of 2500 euro in about 24 hours through skrill.

If they added bitcoin would be great

12 Last