kj8210
    kj8210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14103

Best Place to Sell Bitcoins

Hey guys so coinbase lowered my limits and someone tried to hack my Gemini account so I had to freeze it for now, but what other places do you use to sell bitcoin for USD and transfer it to your bank? Thanks!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Airbitz/Glidera is another option.

Square Cash is a new one that is being mentioned. No experience with it yet though.

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Any opinion on Xapo?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    Any opinion on Xapo?
    Don't think Ive seen any posters mention it.

But just had a look at their FAQ and it sounds like an interesting option.

They actually get approved users to perform local bank transfers to process payouts, instead of having to deal with mass payments themselves.

Would like to know about exchange rate used, US licensing status and any other fees before deciding too much.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

You can also use local bitcoin....they are A+++ I use all the time. Plus if you sell you can make 5-15% on your BTC...They have cash bank deposit option that is what I use most of time....Or look for BTC ATM they are poping up everywhere

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Localbitcoins is definitely the best. You can sell for way over the market price if you are patient. You have to be careful though. I've sold hundreds of times with paypal but recently got scammed by somebody who had over 100 trades. They disputed the transaction and paypal sided with them because I wasn't aware that selling bitcoins is not protected by paypal. I am out $200 because of it and now have to pay back paypal.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Localbitcoins is definitely the best. You can sell for way over the market price if you are patient. You have to be careful though. I've sold hundreds of times with paypal but recently got scammed by somebody who had over 100 trades. They disputed the transaction and paypal sided with them because I wasn't aware that selling bitcoins is not protected by paypal. I am out $200 because of it and now have to pay back paypal.
    Yea that really sucks....I always do cash deposits or Walmart wires and have done over 300 with never a issue....PayPal you have to be very careful with that’s why the rate is high