Woyha
    Woyha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

Is it ok to send money from book straight to coinbase?

If not please explain new to all this bitcoin stuff .. thanks

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

No law against but they may ban you like they did me years back...I always go middle man route now

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Under the terms of their licensing to run the exchange in the US, Coinbase can't help facilitate online/offshore gambling so if they detect the Bitcoin you're sending receiving is being sent to/received from sports books, they can ban your account. Not a common occurrence, but has happened.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by Woyha View Post
    If not please explain new to all this bitcoin stuff .. thanks
    Choose an independent wallet for which you control the private keys. To use as your main personal bitcoin wallet.

If you want a phone one Airbitz or Mycellium are popular. A good desktop wallet for your PC is Electrum.org

Then whenever you are dealing with coinbase always withdraw to there first, and when wanting to cash out from a book, send it there first too. Before on sedning to Coinbase.

Sends and fees are quick and low right now so should not be a big bother. It's when things slow down and get expensive that you will really not want to do this. :\

sadekmeister
    sadekmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2870

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Under the terms of their licensing to run the exchange in the US, Coinbase can't help facilitate online/offshore gambling so if they detect the Bitcoin you're sending receiving is being sent to/received from sports books, they can ban your account. Not a common occurrence, but has happened.
    Do they ban only players from USA or it's not important where are you from?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by sadekmeister View Post
    Do they ban only players from USA or it's not important where are you from?
    Go here https://www.coinbase.com/legal/user_agreement and look under Prohibited Use to learn the terms you agree too.

Woyha

If I use block chain in the middle will it be good then and keep me from being booted ?

Optional

If I use block chain in the middle will it be good then and keep me from being booted ?
    That's what other people have been doing and seems to have worked for a long time.

But, Blockchain are about to start acting as a buy/sell exchanger as well, so will probably end up subject to the same rules as Coinbase.

So another independent wallet is probably a better idea to avoid having to change later. But blockchain wallet is fine for now.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    That's what other people have been doing and seems to have worked for a long time.

But, Blockchain are about to start acting as a buy/sell exchanger as well, so will probably end up subject to the same rules as Coinbase.

So another independent wallet is probably a better idea to avoid having to change later. But blockchain wallet is fine for now.
    I doubt it would still be an issue as long as you don't register for their exchange service. How are they going to know who you are if you don't give them your personal info?
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave mrpapageorgio 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post

I doubt it would still be an issue as long as you don't register for their exchange service. How are they going to know who you are if you don't give them your personal info?
    Good point.

Woyha

So just block chain and coinbase together ? And that should be fine? Just normal sign up for act I did use my real name etc there ,is that ok ?

mrpapageorgio

So just block chain and coinbase together ? And that should be fine? Just normal sign up for act I did use my real name etc there ,is that ok ?
    Coinbase to Blockchain to Book and reverse. You'll have to use real name for Coinbase, but as long as you don't use Blockchain's exchange service, use whatever alias you want if Blockchain asks.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

For the record I like Airbitz. Good mobile alternative to blockchain.

Sportwetter84
    Sportwetter84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 866

If possible use Bitcoin Cash or Ethereum to transfer to a native wallet first. I once used Bitcoin directly from Bitstamp and ensued to get problems with my account there. Of course you can also do the same with BTC, but then you get double feed, possibly twice.