Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Poloniex

I signed up with Poloniex late last year and submitted the required information and images. I was listed as PENDING REVIEW for a couple of weeks, so I Emailed their support. I got the standard response indicating that someone would look into my problem.

Another couple of weeks went by and when I logged on I was back at the beginning. So I answered their questions, submitted the required photos and got a message that the images were not clear enough. When I tried again, I was informed that I'd have to wait 24 hours before attempting this again. Next day, same results, Third day, same results.

Finally I got another camera, and got very good images and submitted them. These were accepted and I was listed as PENDING REVIEW. Unfortunately nothing has changed in the past week.

Has anyone successfully created an account this year?

72nova
    72nova's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18733

Mine has been pending review for 2 months now
    Correction-just tried to log in and I am now verified Thanks for reminding me!!
    Last edited by 72nova; 02-06-18 at 05:12 PM.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

same here with Polo! Binance took some time, Bitstamp was forever and Kraken was quick plus the let you right out the gate but I needed tier 3 id verified for bigger limits so no biggie but took some time not near as long as the others. Obviously GDAX/coinbase was easiest back in September.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Binance seems to be down tonight

SnakesPicks
    Dazed and confused.
    SnakesPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never had to submit photos when I signed up about 11 months ago. Are you trying for a high level? Me, personally I never have to worry about hitting withdrawal or deposit limits.

Bsims

Just trying to open an account at any level. Still am in PENDING REVIEW status which means I can't even make a deposit.

SnakesPicks
    Dazed and confused.
    SnakesPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's fukked up.

Bsims

Another couple of weeks have passed and still pending. I did submit another problem report to rattle their cage.

On another front, you still can't open a new account with Bittrex. I really don't understand what is behind these exchanges in turning down new customers.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

God damn...Poloniex is still awful with CS? Had an issue last summer/fall where I had coins stuck for over 2 months.

Good luck.

illiteratepotato
    illiteratepotato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post
    Another couple of weeks have passed and still pending. I did submit another problem report to rattle their cage.

On another front, you still can't open a new account with Bittrex. I really don't understand what is behind these exchanges in turning down new customers.
    It could be due to regulatory reasons.

Poloniex and Bittrex are both exchanges i no longer use to trade alt coins. Binance has pretty much taken over for that purpose and they deserve to with 0.05% fees (when using their BNB token) compared to 0.25%. Not to mention better user experience and coin support. Plus binance is offshore and doesn't have to hand over your info to authorities like bittrex or polo does which is a huge deal for US based traders.

Bsims

I tried to logon to Poloniex again yesterday. I was still in account pending status. I looked at the support ticket I had submitted 63 days ago. There weren't any updates. So, I submitted a new ticket. Less than an hour later I got a message saying I had been approved. Great! Except now I've forgotten why I cared.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Bsims 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

goalie77
    goalie77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post
    I tried to logon to Poloniex again yesterday. I was still in account pending status. I looked at the support ticket I had submitted 63 days ago. There weren't any updates. So, I submitted a new ticket. Less than an hour later I got a message saying I had been approved. Great! Except now I've forgotten why I cared.