KDOWNS
    KDOWNS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

Depositing other Crptos Question Urgent

Hello I was wondering how I would go about depositing Litecoin, or ether into a book. I know Heritage accepts them. Has anyone used them besides bitcoin. Would I go to my coinbase account like I do for bitcoin, and can i purchase instantly with debit. With Bitcoin, I then send to my blockchain wallet, then to the book. Is it the same process as this for the other 2 as well. Are the fees lower?, and is it fast? Will books pay in litecoin, or ether, or will they still pay out in bitcoin. Thank you any help is appreciated.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by KDOWNS View Post
    Hello I was wondering how I would go about depositing Litecoin, or ether into a book. I know Heritage accepts them. Has anyone used them besides bitcoin. Would I go to my coinbase account like I do for bitcoin, and can i purchase instantly with debit. With Bitcoin, I then send to my blockchain wallet, then to the book. Is it the same process as this for the other 2 as well. Are the fees lower?, and is it fast? Will books pay in litecoin, or ether, or will they still pay out in bitcoin. Thank you any help is appreciated.
    It's almost exactly the same as using bitcoin functionally. Apart from making sure you select the LTC or ETH or BCH wallet instead of BTC both ends.

Fees are much lower for the other coins and transfer times are faster but some books actually convert the alt coins to Bitcoin before crediting so you end up paying the same fees and similar delays anyway. Check with your book if that is the case as it may be of little use using others if so.

And yes several books pay out in Litecoin or Ether or BitcoinCash now. Heritage, Bookmaker, Bovada, Betonline are all options.

I think most will let you deposit with one crypto and withdraw with another too. But again, ask your book. Policies tend to change as this bitcoin economy develops.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

On heritage they charge a .0025 BTC fee for conversion of ure litcoin or other crypto so be aware of that fee.. its standard so for small deposits at at heritage other coins are really not practical

KDOWNS
    KDOWNS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

Thanks you for all the information.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Quote Originally Posted by KDOWNS View Post
    I've had very positive experiences with ether. Cashed out from one book, and deposited in another. The ether payout confirms almost instantly. Fee was less than .50$. Confirmed within 5 minutes on the deposit. Same process as bitcoin with a blockchain wallet.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

can i buy litecoin with coinbase then transfer to the book? Or will that cause trouble? Am i correct that blockchain does not accept litecoin? thanks

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by michael777 View Post
    can i buy litecoin with coinbase then transfer to the book? Or will that cause trouble? Am i correct that blockchain does not accept litecoin? thanks
    It's against their terms. But don't know if you will get in trouble or not.

As litecoin is cheap and fast to transfer its not worth the risk imho.

Blockchain.info/wallet does not support LTC right now

Just download electrum-ltc.org wallet or Litecoin Core wallet and send from coinbase to that before on sending to your book. Won't add more than 10 mins and 50 cents to your trasnfer.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

thanks a million!