rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Bookmaker btc payouts?

I requested btc payouts from bookmaker the last 5 business days. Got all 5 extremely quickly (within a few hours) and was very impressed by that. The problem is, all 5 were flagged by blockchain as "may be at risk for a double spend." I contacted BM to let them know after each one. They told me I was the only one who has reported this. Now I know for a fact BM is not double spending and I'm not accusing them of such. But I do think it should be fixed so these transactions are not flagged. Is there anyone on here who has received a BM btc payout in the last week?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

Never seen that message. Wouldn't want to either.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

What wallet are you using? I had a couple in past year from Nitrogen to my airbitz wallet say that...I was freaking out but they both were confirmed and no problem...something with the trans id triggers I guess

tradeout
    Become A Pro!
    tradeout's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 55290

always get this warning message, and never was concerned.

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

I have also had that message on payouts received from BM to Blockchain. I don’t understand it, but never had an issue with it either. Eventually it went away.

BAUS

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Never heard a book doing this before. And I've been paid out by Bookmaker before.

But, I have seen this in other transactions at blockchain before. I don't even know how it works??? But has something to do with someone sending out a bitcoin payment.... it's in process.... (not confirmed yet) and somehow that person is spending the amount coming in?

I don't even know how it's possible? Is it a special code you use in order to do this???

searanchdude
    searanchdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

I think @TheMoneyShot is right... that message just means the transaction is not fully confirmed in the block chain yet. It’s your wallet’s way of telling you the funds were sent, but not ready to use yet. There’s nothing BM needs to fix.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    I requested btc payouts from bookmaker the last 5 business days. Got all 5 extremely quickly (within a few hours) and was very impressed by that. The problem is, all 5 were flagged by blockchain as "may be at risk for a double spend." I contacted BM to let them know after each one. They told me I was the only one who has reported this. Now I know for a fact BM is not double spending and I'm not accusing them of such. But I do think it should be fixed so these transactions are not flagged. Is there anyone on here who has received a BM btc payout in the last week?
    Pardon my ignorance but what does double spend mean?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by BAUS View Post
    I have also had that message on payouts received from BM to Blockchain. I don’t understand it, but never had an issue with it either. Eventually it went away.

BAUS
    I'm guessing they sometimes payout using funds just received and not fully confirmed.

So when Blockchain wallet sees the transaction has unconfirmed inputs it throws up a warning message.

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post

Pardon my ignorance but what does double spend mean?
    It's a trick where you can send a real looking transaction to, say a book, with such a low fee that it wont be picked up by a miner very fast or at all. Then create a second transaction with the same inputs and send that to yourself with a higher fee.

When the second spend gets confirmed, the first transfer to the book gets cancelled.

It's the main reason books require confirmations before crediting. If they didn't, some people would be constantly making deposits, playing the unconfirmed funds and if they win just leave it to eventually confirm and get paid, or if they lose throw out a double spend and get their money back.
    Last edited by Optional; 01-10-18 at 11:42 AM.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I'm guessing they sometimes payout using funds just received and not fully confirmed.

So when Blockchain wallet sees the transaction has unconfirmed inputs it throws up a warning message.

It's a trick where you can send a real looking transaction to, say a book, with such a low fee that it wont be picked up by a miner very fast or at all. Then create a second transaction with the same inputs and send that to yourself with a higher fee.

When the second spend gets confirmed, the first transfer to the book gets cancelled.

It's the main reason books require confirmations before crediting. If they didn't, some people would be constantly making deposits, playing the unconfirmed funds and if they win just leave it to eventually confirm and get paid, or if they lose throw out a double spend and get their money back
    Oh wow, shady. Thanks for the free education.

snider
    snider's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is bookmaker any good? I clicked a link that gave me a ten dollar free bet. When they didn’t honor that I figured there’s no sense in playing there.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    Got the same warning ⚠️ with my payout last Thursday from BM. But had no problems. BM remains one of the non-exclusive BTC books that payout hassle free. So much better than the rest when coming to payouts. The single reason I choose BM over 5Dimes over this last year.