GreatWallofTrump
    GreatWallofTrump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 758

New to bitcoin and I have question

So let’s say I withdrawal from bovada 1k to the bread app. Once the money hits bread I assume it is translated to bitcoin currency. Since It is not static, when I go to transfer it from bread, it could be valued less or more than 1k depending on market? So if I keep it in bread, it moves with the market as well? Ok once it transfers out of bread, is it immediate? Or does my transfer take a few hours and I am subject to more market volatility? Then when it enters Coinbase, i am sure that it continues to ride the market? So basically, if I withdrawal on a bad week where Bitcoin tumbles, my withdrawal of 1K could suffer heavy loss so that my final USD withdrawal from coinbase a few days later could be down several hundreds of dollars when it finally hits my bank account? Any advice or comment is helpful here.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWallofTrump View Post
    So let’s say I withdrawal from bovada 1k to the bread app. Once the money hits bread I assume it is translated to bitcoin currency. Since It is not static, when I go to transfer it from bread, it could be valued less or more than 1k depending on market? So if I keep it in bread, it moves with the market as well? Ok once it transfers out of bread, is it immediate? Or does my transfer take a few hours and I am subject to more market volatility? Then when it enters Coinbase, i am sure that it continues to ride the market? So basically, if I withdrawal on a bad week where Bitcoin tumbles, my withdrawal of 1K could suffer heavy loss so that my final USD withdrawal from coinbase a few days later could be down several hundreds of dollars when it finally hits my bank account? Any advice or comment is helpful here.
    Yes, once Bovada pay you in bitcoin you are subject to market fluctuations of both bitcoin and the US$ until you have it on Coinbase and sell that bitcoin for Dollars.

In order to minimize risk you should set up an alert in your bread wallet so you know the moment Bovada send your bitcoin. As soon as you see it's been sent, then immediately log in and send it to Coinbase. Then go straight to Coinbase and either sell it for US$ or cashout to your bank.

Just be ready to do it as fast as possible and its fine usually. More often people see a gain whilst transferring as bitcoin has generally been on the rise for so long.

But there are thousands of users here who have been doing it for years now. No need to worry too much about the issue.

GreatWallofTrump
    GreatWallofTrump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 758

Thanks. Very helpful