ATC727
    ATC727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Bitpay card

Ok so when you copy the bitcoin address it is giving me a short address which blockchain is saying is not valid. How do I fix this?? I have Coinbase and blockchain. Bovada- blockchain- bitpay ... that’s the order I used to cash out so now what?? Need help!

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by ATC727 View Post
    Ok so when you copy the bitcoin address it is giving me a short address which blockchain is saying is not valid. How do I fix this?? I have Coinbase and blockchain. Bovada- blockchain- bitpay ... that’s the order I used to cash out so now what?? Need help!
    You need a bitpay wallet.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

They want you to use a wallet that uses a system they call "Payment Protocol".

Basically it allows them to generate an invoice in your wallet which when paid provides an instant alert it's been filled.

They recommend using one of the wallets listed here;

https://bitpay.com/docs/wallets

Electrum or Mycellium would be my suggestion.

I still don't fully understand what's going on here myself. Not sure if you absolutely have to use one of these payment protocol support wallets or they are just trying to push people into it by making it 'look' like you have to. Wish I had an account to see for myself but it doesn't work in my country.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3515

Just use their wallet, the bitpay wallet. It uses the payment protocol.

TheDempster
    TheDempster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1518

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    Just use their wallet, the bitpay wallet. It uses the payment protocol.
    ^^^^

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Can you send it from luno? Cant figure this out trying to load bitpay card

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Wonder if it’s safe to send direct to the bitpay app with no middle man? Crap is getting to expensive

scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Wonder if it’s safe to send direct to the bitpay app with no middle man? Crap is getting to expensive
    could only do it if they would process in less then 14 mins since invoice has a clock on it.

mine too almost 3 days at 225 satoshis...

its preventing me from playing offshore I can tell you that. imagine how long it will take when the book sends a withdrawal to you with minimal fees. guessing a week to confirm

littlekona

There is no clock in the app that’s only on the web based invoice....but I am wondering if it safe to go direct from nitro or other book to bitpay app wallet

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

There is no clock in the app that’s only on the web based invoice....but I am wondering if it safe to go direct from nitro or other book to bitpay app wallet
    How do you turn bitcoin into cash in the bitpay app?

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    How do you turn bitcoin into cash in the bitpay app?
    Hit add funds to bitcoin debit card....I’ve not tried as I was using the invoicing through the web site...just used app to see how much funds I had on card

Demonata

Hit add funds to bitcoin debit card....I’ve not tried as I was using the invoicing through the web site...just used app to see how much funds I had on card
    Yeah I clicked that and it said no wallet available. The app is weird

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Yeah I clicked that and it said no wallet available. The app is weird
    I think you need a Bitpay card first before you can convert it to USD.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I just initiated load to Bitpay card using Electrum wallet. Entered the amount desired and was told the number of BTC to send and the address. Pasted these in the Electrum send fields and the description was auto-filled with Bitpay invoice info. Hit send without increasing default fee. Got the following on Bitpay site.

"Payment Confirming
    This payment was made with a low bitcoin miner fee, which may prevent it from being accepted by the Bitcoin network.
    This is an issue with the configuration of your bitcoin wallet.
    If the transaction doesn't confirm, the funds will be spendable again in your wallet. Depending on the wallet, this may take 48-72 hours.

Transaction created

Transaction confirming — funds have not yet moved

Payment received by BitPay Visa® Load (USD-USA)"

I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post
    I just initiated load to Bitpay card using Electrum wallet. Entered the amount desired and was told the number of BTC to send and the address. Pasted these in the Electrum send fields and the description was auto-filled with Bitpay invoice info. Hit send without increasing default fee. Got the following on Bitpay site.

"Payment Confirming
    This payment was made with a low bitcoin miner fee, which may prevent it from being accepted by the Bitcoin network.
    If the transaction doesn't confirm, the funds will be spendable again in your wallet. Depending on the wallet, this may take 48-72 hours.

Transaction created

Thanks for the run down.

Was it a normal looking address? Can you explain whats going on with the people saying they only get a short address code? Or is that what you used?

Electrum wallet let's you customize fees, any chance you have it set to a manual range? And the auto setting has a 5 position slider, do you recall what postion it was in? Right now they suggest it will take 5 blocks set on position 3.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post

"Payment Confirming

Transaction created

thats normal response once its created btw. wont be long
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave 5mike5 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bsims

I decided to check the status a few minutes later and got confused. Apparently the status check goes through Cloudflare to "insight.bitpay.com" which got an "Error 525 SSL handshake failed". So I tried again and and got the status. OK, Bitpay had said the transaction was for 0.1 BTC and the fee was 0.001473 BTC.

The status page had various information including the following.
    Size 226 (bytes)
    Fee Rate 0.0023044247787610615 BTC per kB
    Received Time Dec 26, 2017 8:06:06 AM
    Mined Time N/A
    Included in Block Unconfirmed

In the details there were several addresses and BTC amounts, one of which matched my what Bitpay had said. I assume the only thing relevant to me is that I'm apparently waiting for some lazy ass miner to get off his can. Bitpay notes that "Transfers are credited within one blockchain confirmation". Patience here is needed.

Now for the confusion part. Electrum said they sent 0.1019938 BTC's which doesn't match anything else I've seen. I'll just have to wait until the smoke clears and see what I sent and what I got.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

do NOT do this. trust me not worth it

Bsims

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    thats normal response once its created btw. wont be long
    Good call, it didn't take long. Here's my final take. I asked for $1500 and Bitpay used the BTC rate of $15,000.02 (hence the 0.1 BTC). Most exchanges were quoting $15,300 at the time. OK, $30 lost. Bitpay quoted a fee of about $22, actually paid $30. It's the cost of doing business with Bitcoin. Let's get more acceptance of Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin.

Time to order that new computer. Thank you 5Dimes and MLB.

Bsims

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Thanks for the run down.

Was it a normal looking address? Can you explain whats going on with the people saying they only get a short address code? Or is that what you used?

Electrum wallet let's you customize fees, any chance you have it set to a manual range? And the auto setting has a 5 position slider, do you recall what postion it was in? Right now they suggest it will take 5 blocks set on position 3.
    It was a normal looking address. But it was from an Electrum wallet, one of their recommended ones. Don't know anything about shorter addresses.

I left the fee slider in the middle fefault position. Overall, didn't take that long.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    I think you need a Bitpay card first before you can convert it to USD.
    I do have a bitpay card. I've had it for years lol.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

I do have a bitpay card. I've had it for years lol.
    Ok, was assuming you were trying to convert in the app without having the card. I don't think you can convert in the app to USD without sending it to the Bitpay card.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Ok, was assuming you were trying to convert in the app without having the card. I don't think you can convert in the app to USD without sending it to the Bitpay card.
    I'm trying to convert Bitcoin I have in the app to the bitpay card while already in the app?like load my card with usd

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    do NOT do this. trust me not worth it
    Why not? I use the bitpay card to cash out and it seems easier to just go with a bitpay wallet and skip my blockchain wallet all together.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Why not? I use the bitpay card to cash out and it seems easier to just go with a bitpay wallet and skip my blockchain wallet all together.
    I think 5mike5 is talking about trying to load the card directly with a book payout. As he had all sorts of problems getting it credited doing that.

But also, it probably really is smarter to not send from books to Bitpay wallet either. They are licensed and not allowed to transfer gambling funds. Not that I have heard of them banning anyone for it yet. But just so you know.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Thanks Opti.

daveydips
    daveydips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1396

im in the same boat as you guys with the bitpay card.. i use to just load it directly from nitrogen but i cant do that anymore
    i just downloaded the bitpy app on my phone (cant do it on my cpu).. I created a personal wallet, and i guess i have to send my bitcoin to that personal wallet for now on to be able to load my card..it says no wallets available when i tried to load my card, but maybe thats because theres no funds in my personal wallet at the moment... i usually "play around" with $1 the first time i try to do things with crypto, but i think the minimum load is $100 now.. so now i have to "test" this method for the 1st time with $100.. not really happy about that

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

I noticed now I have to have my book send to blockchain, I send it to my bitpay wallet or copay wallet than transfer to my bitpay card. Lot of work..

Optional

^^^ Sending direct from books is probably part of the reason they introduced this to start with.

Too many people ignored their request to send the exact amount for automated processing.

The extra step doesn't really slow things down that much as you can transfer the funds from your wallet to bitpay as soon as received from the book and both should be confirmed at about the same time.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to load my Bitpay card now they changed it. I even got the Bitpay wallet and I can’t even load it. Christ

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

download electrum wallet

copy weird url in the bitpay payment window

paste it in electrum wallet in the address field, it will auto-detect it and youll see bitpays name

send.

Optional

It seems like BitPay have thought to themselves, "Gee, lots of people are too lazy/dumb to read and follow instructions so our automated crediting system works".... "I know, let's come up with a different/confusing version!! That should help the lazy/dumb get it right!".

ATC727
    ATC727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Cool otherwise I have bitpay wallet.

It would be..

From sports book to:
    Blockchain
    Bitpay wallet
    Bitpay card

Correct ?

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Figured it out. Lots of work and even more fees.

Blockchain to Bitpay wallet $17 fee

Bitpay wallet to Bitpay card $18 Network fee, $26 miners fee.

Optional

Cool otherwise I have bitpay wallet.

It would be..

From sports book to:
    Blockchain
    Bitpay wallet
    Bitpay card

Correct ?
    You can just download the electrum.org desktop wallet, or mycellium phone app wallet, and avoid one of those steps/fees.

Book>Electrum>Card Load
    Points Awarded:

Courtesywipe gave Optional 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

1234 ... Last