Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    Figured it out. Lots of work and even more fees.

Blockchain to Bitpay wallet $17 fee

Bitpay wallet to Bitpay card $18 Network fee, $26 miners fee.
    Same for you. Forget the blockchain and bitpay wallets and just use Electrum or Mycellium and load the card from that directly.

daveydips
    daveydips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1396

if anybody's interested i think i found a way to bypass this new method of loading bitpay cards .. When you goto 'add funds' on bitpay, it gives you a link now instead of a bitcoin address in the address bar ..someone on twitter posted a decoder where you can just paste the url link they give you and it will give you the bitcoin address to make the deposit at bitpay directly.. I havn't had a chance to do it myself yet but im going to give it a shot .. here's the link

https://decoder.bip70.org/

Points Awarded:

craigpb gave daveydips 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

ATC727
    ATC727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Thanks optional I’ll try it out

ATC727

NEED FURTHER HELP.

Once I click ADD FUNDS to my bitpay card....the same link shows up....Even in Mycelium when i want to send the funds....the bitcoin address is short.

Bit pay card load is not providing a valid address. How do you guys load this card????

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by ATC727 View Post
    NEED FURTHER HELP.

Once I click ADD FUNDS to my bitpay card....the same link shows up....Even in Mycelium when i want to send the funds....the bitcoin address is short.

Bit pay card load is not providing a valid address. How do you guys load this card????
    You should be able to paste the link Bitpay give you into Mycelium and it should then fill in all the details automatically.

ATC727

the link bitpay gives me is something like this..... bictoin:>r://bitpay.com/i/skjdfhfjsdkfasdasd

short of characters....the moment i paste this into mycelium the link is RED. Not a good sign.

ATC727

but i also have not loaded any of my wallets ...don't want to lose my funds.

Optional

the link bitpay gives me is something like this..... bictoin:>r://bitpay.com/i/skjdfhfjsdkfasdasd

short of characters....the moment i paste this into mycelium the link is RED. Not a good sign.
    Damn... what a pain in the ass this is.

If that's the complete link it does not work in my Electrum wallet either.

And gives an error trying to use the decoder posted above.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

I just did my first load w new wallet Mycelium...worked perfect via my android app...I was on the debit card site hit added funds which produced to normal invoice and scanned the QR code...Now it did look different then normal when I scanned a whole link popped up payment request for invoice with $ amount and address and description but i hit confirm send and went through perfect...with miners fee normal cost me 1016$ for 980$ add to card
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave littlekona 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

Can you guess what's going wrong for ATC727 Kona?

littlekona

Ok so I just tried to copy and past like ATC727 and got same results from both android and lpad wallet address in red and won’t send..it could be that I’m using safari browser as I have had issues loading btc address on heritage payouts too when I’m in safari copy and paste...so I’d say try a different browsers and if that does not work at least the QR scan does thankfully

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I bit the bullet and use the bitpay wallet now....then eat fees for a 1 button transfer....
    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Damn... what a pain in the ass this is.

If that's the complete link it does not work in my Electrum wallet either.

And gives an error trying to use the decoder posted above.

PaperTrail07

I saw the same thing lol....but was using bitpay wallet and clicked load card and it was instant...

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I saw the same thing lol....but was using bitpay wallet and clicked load card and it was instant...
    are there miners fees on top of the stupid network fee bitpay charges when sending from there app?

GordonGecko2011
    GordonGecko2011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2538

Bitpay crackdown

Looks like there is a crackdown on Bitpay cards

https://tinyurl.com/yc5ejx8d

PaperTrail07

there is....
    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    are there miners fees on top of the stupid network fee bitpay charges when sending from there app?

PaperTrail07

But incase you missed it...bitpay can only be loaded now from certain wallets...NOT ALL
    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko2011 View Post
    Looks like there is a crackdown on Bitpay cards

https://tinyurl.com/yc5ejx8d
    I’ve always believed it was to good to last long. Bitpay Carr has been the best payout option I’ve ever had... by far. Could have cash in hand within the hour. Hopefully it sticks around another 6 months or so

ATC727

Thanks guys I will continue various method and see what happens

ATC727

SOLUTION FOUND:

Scan the QR code.

Do not copy and paste the link, scanning will automatically upload and say “bit pay” as someone already stated.
    Points Awarded:

TheDempster gave ATC727 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheDempster
    TheDempster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1518

SOLUTION FOUND:

Scan the QR code.

Do not copy and paste the link, scanning will automatically upload and say “bit pay” as someone already stated.
    Great News ATC!

But can you best your exact steps from start to finish ...(for dummies like me trying a new procedure)

Thanks

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

pretty sure i saw vida suspending bitpay **** cards

littlekona

It seems like BitPay have thought to themselves, "Gee, lots of people are too lazy/dumb to read and follow instructions so our automated crediting system works".... "I know, let's come up with a different/confusing version!! That should help the lazy/dumb get it right!".

They give a warning too when doing copy and paste so guys are just idiots to mess up

Advanced use only
    Your payment must include the exact amount of bitcoin requested and a correct bitcoin miner fee.
    Payments with insufficient funds or mining fees may be very delayed or need to be refunded.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    pretty sure i saw vida suspending bitpay **** cards
    No really.

It was just **** International pulling plug on a European bank issuing for them. **** International is a different company to the **** that looks after USA.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Seems there is a lot more going on here then Bitpay just simply changing their "payment protocol". They abruptly, and without notice, changed from the accepted and established BIP21 to the unaccepted and controversial BIP70 protocol.

One interesting tidbit is apparently Bitpay is planning on adding addtnl crypto options. Be sure to also click on the reddit link within the article. It talks about bitcoin blacklisting. Pretty freaking scary.

As if Bitpay's ridiculous fees werent enough already, this info make me very hesitant to use them anymore. Such a shame, as they were a dream come true in the beginning
    Last edited by Optional; 01-20-18 at 09:34 PM. Reason: removed link

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by daveydips View Post
    if anybody's interested i think i found a way to bypass this new method of loading bitpay cards .. When you goto 'add funds' on bitpay, it gives you a link now instead of a bitcoin address in the address bar ..someone on twitter posted a decoder where you can just paste the url link they give you and it will give you the bitcoin address to make the deposit at bitpay directly.. I havn't had a chance to do it myself yet but im going to give it a shot .. here's the link

https://decoder.bip70.org/

Have used this multiple times. Works fine BUT. Someone could easily turn this into a scam. so Here is a way to make sure;

You enter amount on Bitpay to load say $1,000. You copy the addy into that .org site and it generates a btc address. Send .1 btc right away, when Bitpay recognizes it you know for sure the addy is legit and quickly send the balance.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Have used this multiple times. Works fine BUT. Someone could easily turn this into a scam. so Here is a way to make sure;

You enter amount on Bitpay to load say $1,000. You copy the addy into that .org site and it generates a btc address. Send .1 btc right away, when Bitpay recognizes it you know for sure the addy is legit and quickly send the balance.
    Don't do all that.

If you dont trust the decoder then download the electrum wallet and paste the link into that and you will see the details you need as well.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Don't do all that.

If you dont trust the decoder then download the electrum wallet and paste the link into that and you will see the details you need as well.
    OK. I have BTC Core wallet. But I can load the card with 2 pops & the decoder in about a minute so not a biggie.

Optional

Yeah Bitcoin Core wallet will do the same thing for you. So will Mycellium for anyone else reading.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

somebody help me out please. I have money in blockchain- how do i get it to the bitpay card? can you not use blockchain anymore? I have a bitpay wallet now, by the way. I'm confused.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    somebody help me out please. I have money in blockchain- how do i get it to the bitpay card? can you not use blockchain anymore? I have a bitpay wallet now, by the way. I'm confused.
    Bitpay want you to use a "Payment Protocol" compatible wallet.

Basically it allows them to invoice you for an exact amount and provides them with additional tracking.

If you transfer to their Bitpay wallet first, you'll be able to use the strange link they provide in that to load it. But will obviously cost you an extra miner fee.

For ongoing use you should download the electrum.org desktop wallet or Mycellium phone app wallet and withdraw to there when you want to load the bitpay card.

That's how you are supposed to do it.

If you want to just ignore them and send from blockchain, you can use this to decode the link and give you the info needed to send from blockchain. https://decoder.bip70.org/

Not my suggestion to use it ongoing though as Bitpay dont want you to do that really. but can get you out of this situation.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Bitpay want you to use a "Payment Protocol" compatible wallet.

Basically it allows them to invoice you for an exact amount and provides them with additional tracking.

If you transfer to their Bitpay wallet first, you'll be able to use the strange link they provide in that to load it. But will obviously cost you an extra miner fee.

For ongoing use you should download the electrum.org desktop wallet or Mycellium phone app wallet and withdraw to there when you want to load the bitpay card.

That's how you are supposed to do it.

If you want to just ignore them and send from blockchain, you can use this to decode the link and give you the info needed to send from blockchain. https://decoder.bip70.org/

Not my suggestion to use it ongoing though as Bitpay dont want you to do that really. but can get you out of this situation.
    thanks for the info, man. i just used the bitpay wallet to the card this time- what a pain in the ass because i was just used to going from blockchain to the card and was caught off guard. I'll use your suggestion in the future and open up the electrum desktop wallet.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave temple2010 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mets119218
    mets119218's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3814

Decoder worked great thanks

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Bitpay used to be simple now it’s getting complicated

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    Bitpay used to be simple now it’s getting complicated
    I believe they have done it to reduce the potential for double spend scams against them, and in turn allow them to credit card loads quicker.

Had never seen it before they did it, so agree it looked confusing, but as it turns out, not really once you get it.

First 12345 Last