Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Can someone please help me unconfirmed transaction

Nitrogen sports wont let me withdraw since a transaction was sent to them with too low of a fee. It was sent on december 10th and still 0 confirmations. Then mycellium rebroadcasted it on december 20th. Nitrogen says they wont do anything and i need one confirmation to withdraw and money. It was only like $5 sent way back on the 10th. Im trying to withdraw over $400 and they wont let me. Anything at all I can do or am i going to lose my whole balance on nitrogen? Please help me guys. Thanks

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5822

Yea ure stuck that’s the policy as it happened to me few weeks ago too but it finally confirmed.....post the tx link and I will try acelertor top of hour but no guarantee as it’s backed up

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Yea ure stuck that’s the policy as it happened to me few weeks ago too but it finally confirmed.....post the tx link and I will try acelertor top of hour but no guarantee as it’s backed up
    75a01395b7b3d1f86717a70a11484b6fc500afe3 4bdccdd508d32ff21d0db348

Demonata

Wtf does this mean?

Hello 548666,

Thank you for your response.

After checking the information we see that the transaction was, apparently, sent without any fees, reason why it has been stuck on the blockchain for so long. Furthermore, we are able to remove the lock for non-existing transactions after they have been pruned from the blockchain's database or cancelled by the wallet provider. We tried to perform this step on your transaction but it was not successful.

In order to proceed, please contact your wallet service provider and request them to cancel your transaction. Once they are able to cancel it, we will be able to remove the deposit lock from your account.

At the time being, the funds are just sitting on blockchain without the possibility of ever getting confirmed, therefore, you will need to cancel this transaction to recover the funds.

Please let us know as soon as you are able to do this so we can remove the lock from your account.

Best regards,
    Diane.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Wtf does this mean?

Hello 548666,

Thank you for your response.

After checking the information we see that the transaction was, apparently, sent without any fees, reason why it has been stuck on the blockchain for so long. Furthermore, we are able to remove the lock for non-existing transactions after they have been pruned from the blockchain's database or cancelled by the wallet provider. We tried to perform this step on your transaction but it was not successful.

In order to proceed, please contact your wallet service provider and request them to cancel your transaction. Once they are able to cancel it, we will be able to remove the deposit lock from your account.

At the time being, the funds are just sitting on blockchain without the possibility of ever getting confirmed, therefore, you will need to cancel this transaction to recover the funds.

Please let us know as soon as you are able to do this so we can remove the lock from your account.

Best regards,
    Diane.
    AFAIK there is no way to cancel a transaction by just asking the wallet operator.

If you do ask them, please let us know what they say about this?

There is a hit n miss way to re-do the transaction and replace it with a bigger fee. Instructions here: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-cance...-confirmations

If that doesn't work, you'll need to make sure this doesnt happen again "mycellium rebroadcasted it on december 20th" <-- how did this happen do you know?

Then just let it time out so nodes forget it and "it is pruned" (3-4 days theoretically). At that point you should be able to ask Nitro again to remove the account lock.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5822

That transaction can’t be found....I dropped it into blockonimcs and into blockchain...even a low fee it would at least show I belive...something is not right if it’s 20sat miners fee could be long time but should eventually get returned
    https://www.blockonomics.co/api/tx?t...d32ff21d0db348

https://blockchain.info/search?searc...chbar=homepage
    Last edited by littlekona; 12-24-17 at 02:51 PM.

Demonata

Hello 548666,

We do understand your concern, however, we still need a confirmation from your wallet service provider in regards to what they can or can't do with this transaction.

Please let us know as soon as they reply, in the meantime we have escalated your transaction to our Tech team to check if it can be removed from our end. Do keep in mind that it is not under our control nor we have the facility to deal with unconfirmed transactions that were sent with no fees.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Diane.
    Hello 548666,

For some reason the transaction does not show any fees.

We will contact you as soon as we receive an update from our Tech team. If your wallet service provider replies with any updates, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Diane.

Demonata

The transaction can receive confirmation in a few minutes and in a few days. Therefore, it will not be a mistake if your transaction has not been completed within this time.
    Your translation paid only 20 sat/B,confirmation may take few days and this will not be an error. But due to the heavy workload of the Bitcoin network, such transactions have a chance to never be confirmed because of the large number of competitive transactions with a larger fee.
    If the transaction is still unconfirmed you can try to delete it and send funds again with a higher fee: Select the transaction, open the menu (3 dots) and select "delete unconfirmed transaction". But canceling transactions can only work if for some reason the transaction created on the phone could not be sent to Mycelium server. Please reload your account after deleting. If the transaction is returned, it can not be deleted.
    If the transaction was broadcast and is not mined yet, you can only wait for it to be mined or accelerate it using CPFP. This can be very costly when the network has high traffic.
    If the transaction does not receive confirmation, then the network will forget about it and the funds will be returned to the account. Usually, it takes up to 4 days, but under current conditions, it's hard to tell how long it can take.

Demonata

I was able to cancel it

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I was able to cancel it
    Then it never left your phone and was not a bitcoin network issue based on their explanation above.

Them calling it 'cancelling' a transaction is kind of misleading. There is still no way to 'cancel' a transaction that has actually commenced. Sounds like they just have a bug in their own wallet software.

Glad to hear you worked it out and thanks for the informative updates
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.