Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

For anyone who sent bitcoin to betphoenix and family

If the price dropped, did they give you the price you originally sent at? I had a deposit that didn't confirm for 2 days and they gave me the price two days ago. Just want to make sure it is applied correctly the other way.

KS1986
    KS1986's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9600

If they didn't credit your account until it confirmed they should have given you the price at confirmation. Every book I use that credits my account after confirmation gives me the price at confirmation.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Yeah, its price when confirms. Shady practice. You need to contact them

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    Yeah, its price when confirms. Shady practice. You need to contact them
    We see posts saying the opposite even more surely than you state that, if there has been a recent drop in btc value.

Does Betphoenix state anywhere in the cashier or terms if they value it at time of credit or send?

Betonline and Bookmaker give you a locked in rate if you send immediately. Bovada and 5Dimes give you the value when it's credited.

I don't think you can call either practice shady can you? Just different ways of dealing with what is a fluid situation.

What's most important is that the book tries to be as fair to both sides in times of big volatility and/or delays.
    Last edited by Optional; 12-14-17 at 03:13 AM.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    We see posts saying the opposite even more surely than you state that, if there has been a recent drop in btc value.

Does Betphoenix state anywhere in the cashier or terms if they value it at time of credit or send?

Betonline and Bookmaker give you a locked in rate if you send immediately. Bovada and 5Dimes give you the value when it's credited.

I don't think you can call either practice shady can you? Just different ways of dealing with what is a fluid situation.

What's most important is that the book tries to be as fair to both sides in times of big volatility and/or delays.
    You can't even deposit bitcoin in the cashier, they email you an address.

In this case, it cost me roughly 200, but I would rather they give me the price at send rather than confirm longer term. I don't want to gamble on bitcoin.

GTBets is the best book in this regards. They process the bitcoin deposit prior to it getting any confirmations.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Waterstpub87 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Agree 100%, I'm ok with either as long as they are consistent.

Unfortunately there are a bunch of books out there who will credit you the amount requested if it went up, and credit you the dropped rate if it went down.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Optional, do you know if this is still the case? I just got an email from Betonline that "...be advised the amount credited into your account will be according to the BitCoin value at the time it is confirmed."

I believe this is the opposite of Sportsbetting, which is one of their sister sites, because they credited my account immediately even though my transaction hasn't been confirmed yet.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post

Optional, do you know if this is still the case? I just got an email from Betonline that "...be advised the amount credited into your account will be according to the BitCoin value at the time it is confirmed."

I believe this is the opposite of Sportsbetting, which is one of their sister sites, because they credited my account immediately even though my transaction hasn't been confirmed yet.
    It's probably just changed in response to the recent fee hikes, price movement and delays getting confirmations.

As far as Sportsbetting, surprised they are not the same too but it's probably just lucky timing you got one last one in there in time and they actually will be same as BOL next time.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Oh okay, thanks. Guess I have to hope it climbs back up whenever the transaction is confirmed. :| Next time I'll just pay a much higher transfer fee and avoid the risk.