JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

Blockchain

Anyone having issues loging into a blockchain acct. I try logging in and says I need to authorize Computer via email than password expires???

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Just logged in without issues

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s been slow logging in lately because it’s so busy but it does work

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

https://www.blockchain-status.com/

Degraded Email Delivery Subscribe
    Investigating - We are investigating an issue related to degraded email delivery rates affecting some users.
    Dec 7, 15:01 UTC

Bragging about adding so many new users, and then this happens.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18880

I'm having trouble logging in to Blockchain. I'm on a PC at home. I get the "check your email to verify login" and I check my email and nothing is there. No link to click on, can't get logged in. Been this way for the last few days.

Nothing wrong with my email, nothing in my spam folder....

Never been a problem in the past. I reported it - filled out a form at the Blockchain website and am waiting for a reply (if I get one)....

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    I'm having trouble logging in to Blockchain. I'm on a PC at home. I get the "check your email to verify login" and I check my email and nothing is there. No link to click on, can't get logged in. Been this way for the last few days.

Nothing wrong with my email, nothing in my spam folder....

Never been a problem in the past. I reported it - filled out a form at the Blockchain website and am waiting for a reply (if I get one)....

Hmmmm ive never experienced an issue like that.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

Working here...try refresh delete cookies and history that should do trick...

jjgold

Block chain a lot of the time makes you verify through your email it’s a great security measure every time you logon check your settings

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Just a follow up. Today, I was able to finally get an email authorization to click on so I could log in to Blockchain. I went 10 days I think without being able to log into my Blockchain wallet. It's really not a good feeling to wonder if you'll ever see the money/bitcoin again. I spent probably hours contacting Blockchain support sending attachments to prove my legitimacy and filled out a rather dodgy form they have called 2FA Reset Request. I had one reply the whole time with customer support. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

And today, I logged in and got the email authorization like nothing was ever wrong. I immediately transferred everything back to Coinbase leaving me with zero balance with Blockchain. I might still use Blockchain in the future but only as temporary wallet. I much prefer the Coinbase once-a-month cell phone authorization rather than Blockchain's once-a-week email authorization. (How do places like Paypal survive without all the heavy security?)

If you've never had a problem with Blockchain, good for you. Just saying, this is what happened to me....

jjgold

It is very very busy men

good update guy

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Just a follow up. Today, I was able to finally get an email authorization to click on so I could log in to Blockchain. I went 10 days I think without being able to log into my Blockchain wallet. It's really not a good feeling to wonder if you'll ever see the money/bitcoin again. I spent probably hours contacting Blockchain support sending attachments to prove my legitimacy and filled out a rather dodgy form they have called 2FA Reset Request. I had one reply the whole time with customer support. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

And today, I logged in and got the email authorization like nothing was ever wrong. I immediately transferred everything back to Coinbase leaving me with zero balance with Blockchain. I might still use Blockchain in the future but only as temporary wallet. I much prefer the Coinbase once-a-month cell phone authorization rather than Blockchain's once-a-week email authorization. (How do places like Paypal survive without all the heavy security?)

If you've never had a problem with Blockchain, good for you. Just saying, this is what happened to me....
    Future reference, backup the wallet by obtaining the 12(?) word passphrase. Write it on a piece of paper and store it somewhere safe. If Blockchain ever goes belly up or crashes, you can retrieve your Bitcoin on another wallet program. Only catch is, once you load it on a new program, you then no longer have the security procedures like you do with Blockchain.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Future reference, backup the wallet by obtaining the 12(?) word passphrase. Write it on a piece of paper and store it somewhere safe. If Blockchain ever goes belly up or crashes, you can retrieve your Bitcoin on another wallet program. Only catch is, once you load it on a new program, you then no longer have the security procedures like you do with Blockchain.
    Yes, the secret phrase. From the website (the 2FA reset request form when you can't log in):

"Enter your wallet Secret Phrase here if you have one set. If the Secret Phrase is correct, your request will be approved much quicker. If you don't know what this is, leave it blank."

So, yes, it is probably a good idea to add a secret phrase. I saw this when I initially signed on but didn't want to complicate things... there is even another security level if you want to go further.... It all seems a little clumsy to me... I've had password and security question overdose for quite a while, now....

Blockchain's handling of the situation and non-follow-up made me not want to use them for storage in the future. Like I said, I might use them again for same day transactions but for now, I'll just leave the bulk in the exchange (Coinbase). YMMV

jjgold

Blockchain announced today they take bitcoin cash whatever that means

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

good to see jjgold being reasonable and responsible with his bitcoin related posts

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Much easier to login with the blockchain app than going to the web site.

mrpapageorgio

Yes, the secret phrase. From the website (the 2FA reset request form when you can't log in):

"Enter your wallet Secret Phrase here if you have one set. If the Secret Phrase is correct, your request will be approved much quicker. If you don't know what this is, leave it blank."

So, yes, it is probably a good idea to add a secret phrase. I saw this when I initially signed on but didn't want to complicate things... there is even another security level if you want to go further.... It all seems a little clumsy to me... I've had password and security question overdose for quite a while, now....

Blockchain's handling of the situation and non-follow-up made me not want to use them for storage in the future. Like I said, I might use them again for same day transactions but for now, I'll just leave the bulk in the exchange (Coinbase). YMMV
    It's not a password you set, it's a 12 word phrase generated for you that you write down. You get it under "backup wallet" option.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

I was hesitant as well to do the secret phrase. It is a really simple process

1. Print off the page
    2. They give you 16 words, 4 at a time
    3. At the end, they confirm four of them randomly

It is also helpful because if blockchain goes down in the future, you supposedly can import your balance to another wallet. 1 minute of time now could be 1000's of dollars later. Just do it.

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28535

the ralley is over.... every one in there dog wants out of cryptos....

good luck ban wagon mofos

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    I was hesitant as well to do the secret phrase. It is a really simple process

1. Print off the page
    2. They give you 16 words, 4 at a time
    3. At the end, they confirm four of them randomly

It is also helpful because if blockchain goes down in the future, you supposedly can import your balance to another wallet. 1 minute of time now could be 1000's of dollars later. Just do it.
    Yep, done.

12 words, actually.
    Last edited by Arky; 12-16-17 at 04:33 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Yep, done.

12 words, actually.
    You're going to need another wallet still, if you want to transfer between Coinbase and bookmakers.

Or one you control the private key for if you plan to store bitcoin ongoing.

A desktop wallet like electrum.org offers avoids any third party login procedures.

Or if you stick with the blockchan.info wallet you can just use that 12 word seed phrase to import the same wallet into the electrum wallet and have two different interfaces to the same wallet.

ie: if the blockchain email fails you can just quickly download electrum, use the 12 word phrase to get it, and then even delete the electrum wallet off your machine afterward if you wanted. Like a backdoor into your blockchain account.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You're going to need another wallet still, if you want to transfer between Coinbase and bookmakers.

Or one you control the private key for if you plan to store bitcoin ongoing.

A desktop wallet like electrum.org offers avoids any third party login procedures.

Or if you stick with the blockchan.info wallet you can just use that 12 word seed phrase to import the same wallet into the electrum wallet and have two different interfaces to the same wallet.

ie: if the blockchain email fails you can just quickly download electrum, use the 12 word phrase to get it, and then even delete the electrum wallet off your machine afterward if you wanted. Like a backdoor into your blockchain account.
    Only drawback worth noting is that it will then compromise the security features in Blockchain since now there's another program/machine with the private keys to that wallet that can be compromised (unlikely, but still possible).