Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Bitcoin Transaction Stuck? Help

I made a deposit to 5dimes from my blockchain wallet. After a day it still has zero confirmations. I contacted 5dimes and they confirmed that there are zero confirmations. But they also said the funds$ should not have been deducted from my wallet and I should contact blockchain . This is confusing- because the funds are always immediately deducted from my wallet when I send funds.

Question- is it worth rebroadcast? I attempted but get error code.

Question-will the money eventually end up somewhere? Back to my wallet or to 5dimes.

Frustrating. Thanks for any help.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

If no miner places it in a block (which will give one confirmation and eventually lead to the other confirmations) after 72 hours it should wind up back in your wallet.

What you can also do to try and speed up the process is use a transaction accelerator like https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/
    The one I first listed will put it in the next block they mine (I believe as long as you attached a fee originally).
    http://confirmtx.com/ will do it for free if the transaction size is under 500 bytes and for $4 if the transaction is over 500 bytes and will refund your money if it's not confirmed within 12 hours (exception being if the transactions falls off before the 12 hours have elapsed or you double spend).
    https://pushtx.btc.com/#/ charges a fee no matter what and will give you an estimate when you enter the transaction ID.

Those are the only 3 I have heard of, but have not used either of them yet, so I can't testify to their success. People have reported using the first one with success so your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 11-09-17 at 03:42 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Courtesywipe gave mrpapageorgio 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Numerous reasons why it could be stuck.

Do you remember the networking fees when you sent it?

I don't think rebroadcasting works at all. That's just my opinion. Maybe someone else will chime and say otherwise?

5Dimes doesn't know what their talking about in regards to funds deducted from wallet. Of course the funds are deducted once the transaction is initiated.

It's all up to the network now.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Numerous reasons why it could be stuck.

Do you remember the networking fees when you sent it?

I don't think rebroadcasting works at all. That's just my opinion. Maybe someone else will chime and say otherwise?

5Dimes doesn't know what their talking about in regards to funds deducted from wallet. Of course the funds are deducted once the transaction is initiated.

It's all up to the network now.
    e
    Thanks for the response. I attempted to rebroadcast - but I get an error code “couldn’t decode hex”, tried multiple sites. My fee for the transaction was $2.40 for $150 deposit. Guess I’ll just ride it out and see what happens. I’m just happy I wasn’t sending a lot of money.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

In my opinion the fee looks appropriate.

The network is just lousy lately.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    Did you attempt to put it through an accelerator since I posted? It looks like the first two options I posted are free if you wanted to try.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Did you attempt to put it through an accelerator since I posted? It looks like the first two options I posted are free if you wanted to try.
    I did try accelerator. I get an error code. Tried several places.

I almost feel like 5dimes gave me a bad address to send to. I never had to wait this long before.

mrpapageorgio

I did try accelerator. I get an error code. Tried several places.

I almost feel like 5dimes gave me a bad address to send to. I never had to wait this long before.
    I think you're entering the BTC address instead of the transaction ID which are two separate items. The transaction ID is on on the top of the page showing your transaction (It's the string of letters and numbers beginning with c96). I took the liberty of entering it into the Confirmtx accelerator as the ViaBTC one said there were too many requests and to try again later (they only take so many requests per hour which fills up quick). Confirmtx says it may take up to 2 hours, so let's see if it holds true.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 11-09-17 at 04:34 AM.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

I think you're entering the BTC address instead of the transaction ID which are two separate items (the transaction ID is what begins with c96c on the top of the page showing your transaction). I took the liberty of entering it into the confirmtx accelerator as the viabtc one said there were too many requests and to try again later (they only take so many requests per hour which fills up quick). Confirmtx says it may take up to 2 hours, so let's see if it holds true.
    Thanks! I was entering the ID not the address. I see on comfirmtx it says already qued. I also tried pushtx....but it estaimates a fee of $24. Lol.

Thanks for all the help.

mrpapageorgio

Thanks! I was entering the ID not the address. I see on comfirmtx it says already qued. I also tried pushtx....but it estaimates a fee of $24. Lol.

Thanks for all the help.

Ya the Confirmtx was me. And as I said for future reference, if you're getting an error message on ViaBTC, it's likely they've reached their quota for the hour and you have to wait until the top of the next hour or use a different accelerator. I was going to add a 4th accelerator to this list after browsing a few articles, but I no longer see them listing it on their site after Googling.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Electrum is the only wallet I know of that allows Opt-In RPB (replace by fee). If you ever want to replace a transaction with a higher fee. Opt-In RPB is a Core upgrade.

Everyone said this above but to reiterate, the transaction exists, so you aren't able to rebroadcast. ViaBTC has too many transactions to try to
    get in there.

Unfortunately as MoneyShot alluded to, you'll just have to wait this one out. This is why we need an a
    greement on a BTC upgrade. Transaction fees will decrease and confirmations will occur much faster.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 11-09-17 at 05:09 AM.

mrpapageorgio

Just checked for the hell of it, it looks like it finally got put into a block about 90 minutes after being submitted to the Confirmtx accelerator.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 11-09-17 at 06:42 AM.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

Just checked for the hell of it, it looks like it finally got put into a block about 90 minutes after being submitted to the Confirmtx accelerator.
    Thank you for the help! Appreciate it.

raiders72001

nice work.

illiteratepotato
    illiteratepotato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

confirmtx worked for me--very good advice.

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Electrum is the only wallet I know of that allows Opt-In RPB (replace by fee). If you ever want to replace a transaction with a higher fee. Opt-In RPB is a Core upgrade.

Everyone said this above but to reiterate, the transaction exists, so you aren't able to rebroadcast. ViaBTC has too many transactions to try to
    get in there.

Unfortunately as MoneyShot alluded to, you'll just have to wait this one out. This is why we need an a
    greement on a BTC upgrade. Transaction fees will decrease and confirmations will occur much faster.
    've never had a problem getting ViaBTC work. Key is to submit it right on the hour because that's went their limit resets

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

transactions not working today....

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

As of right now there are 134000 unconfirmed transactions. Bitcoin gets worse everyday. I absolutely hate it and am going back to money transfer. This is ridiculous. It's quicker to send money in the mail.

raiders72001

Miner's switching to BCH. Over 50% of the hash power. Books should take BCH.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Miner's switching to BCH. Over 50% of the hash power. Books should take BCH.
    If the core team doesn't do anything to quickly solve the congestion and mining fee issue besides saying the lightning network is coming online soon, then I wouldn't be shocked if BCC starts contending for supremacy. I've used Litecoin when depositing into BetOnline and it wasn't bad at all. It looks like they're offering that and ETH as a deposit and payout option which looks like a good alternative to those tired of using Bitcoin with the high fees and long wait times.

GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3991

If no miner places it in a block (which will give one confirmation and eventually lead to the other confirmations) after 72 hours it should wind up back in your wallet.

What you can also do to try and speed up the process is use a transaction accelerator like https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/
    The one I first listed will put it in the next block they mine (I believe as long as you attached a fee originally).
    http://confirmtx.com/ will do it for free if the transaction size is under 500 bytes and for $4 if the transaction is over 500 bytes and will refund your money if it's not confirmed within 12 hours (exception being if the transactions falls off before the 12 hours have elapsed or you double spend).
    https://pushtx.btc.com/#/ charges a fee no matter what and will give you an estimate when you enter the transaction ID.

Those are the only 3 I have heard of, but have not used either of them yet, so I can't testify to their success. People have reported using the first one with success so your mileage may vary.
    I have 5 transactions pending, and 0 confirmations from 12 hours ago. And I paid the highest possible fee.

Has anyone tried these options with success??

https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ - Doesn''t seem to work and the error message says "
    Submissions are beyond limit. Please try later."
    http://confirmtx.com/ - Will cost me $4, which is worth it at this point, though I'm skeptical if it will work.

https://pushtx.btc.com/#/ - Looks like it will cost me about $200 or more to accelerate the transactions.

Is there a way to cancel the transactions and start over??

KDOWNS
    KDOWNS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post
    I have 5 transactions pending, and 0 confirmations from 12 hours ago. And I paid the highest possible fee.

https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ - Doesn''t seem to work and the error message says "
    http://confirmtx.com/ - Will cost me $4, which is worth it at this point, though I'm skeptical if it will work.

https://pushtx.btc.com/#/ - Looks like it will cost me about $200 or more to accelerate the transactions.

I don't think there is a way to cancel them you just have to wait it out. I paid a priority fee of $13.89 today. This was when there were 169,000 un confirmed transactions. It did get to my account in 10 minutes I did wait 12 hrs to get from coinbase to blockchain. There has to be something going on with that fork.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post

Try the first one again right as a new hour starts.

It fills up quick but does work.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Try the first one again right as a new hour starts.

It fills up quick but does work.
    Reiterating the first one you have to submit exactly at the top of the hour as their quota fills quick.
    Just wanted to mention for the second one they guarantee it will go through in 12 hours or you'll get your money back (unless it falls off the mempool on it's own or you double spend before then).

GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3991

Thankyou

jimmy007oc
    jimmy007oc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15064

anyone withdrew from Nitrogen in the last couple days? I worry my bitcoin will get stuck in the network for days