Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Blockchain transaction.....Wait Time

Anyone having a lengthy wait times on blockchain. I have three separate transactions pending for over 4 hours.

Could not get in any wagers tonight (which is good).

Anyone else?

Goatman
    Goatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    Anyone having a lengthy wait times on blockchain. I have three separate transactions pending for over 4 hours.

Anyone else?
    I'm in the exact same boat. Tried to deposit to DSI this evening, and when the first one didn't get any confirmations after two hours, I sent another one with a higher fee... Still hasn't confirmed either. But like you, it's a good thing! I would've lost all three of my wagers tonight. Lol!

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
    I'm in the exact same boat. Tried to deposit to DSI this evening, and when the first one didn't get any confirmations after two hours, I sent another one with a higher fee... Still hasn't confirmed either. But like you, it's a good thing! I would've lost all three of my wagers tonight. Lol!
    Yeah, I have a total of 4 pending. I keep trying additional ones to get to go thru. Anything I can do?

Goatman

Yeah, I have a total of 4 pending. I keep trying additional ones to get to go thru. Anything I can do?

Yeah, it's really strange. I've never had a transaction take this long, even when selecting a very low fee, which you can do with some wallets. I don't think there's anything we can do. If they're still pending by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'll start to be concerned. Perhaps someone like MeanPeopleSuck who has lots of crypto expertise can shed some light on this for us?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

There's almost 40,000 transactions in the mempool right now (https://bitcoinfees.21.co/). That's a lot of transactions (especially at this time of night) and likely why your transactions are taking so long (most number I've seen when I was actively sending was 15-20k). 1 block on average can hold 2000 transactions so it may still be awhile.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I don't know for sure but after the last fork wait times and fees increased immediately afterward too for a while.

Could be about people doing more transactions or maybe about less miners working the main blockchain possibly...

Goatman

My transactions have still not confirmed yet, and it’s now been over 18 hours!

gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

Yeah mine has been about 22 hours now... I'm at least happy it's not just me. I use Airbitz, is everyone else using the same, or is it all wallets?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    Yeah mine has been about 22 hours now... I'm at least happy it's not just me. I use Airbitz, is everyone else using the same, or is it all wallets?
    The wallet itself does doesn't make a difference in confirmation times.
    Last edited by Optional; 10-27-17 at 09:49 PM. Reason: change does to doesn't

Goatman

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The wallet itself does make a difference in confirmation times.
    I am also using Airbitz. I wonder if the issue is with them. I sent them a PM on FB to see if there's anything they can do. Still awaiting a reply.

Optional

I am also using Airbitz. I wonder if the issue is with them. I sent them a PM on FB to see if there's anything they can do. Still awaiting a reply.
    The wallet itself does doesn't make a difference in confirmation times.

I promise.
    Last edited by Optional; 10-27-17 at 09:49 PM. Reason: change does to doesn't

Goatman

The wallet itself does make a difference in confirmation times.

I promise.

I believe it, Optional. Makes sense because yesterday I sent from Coinbase to Airbitz and received it right away, but then I immediately sent from Airbitz to DSI, and that's when I began encountering issues. I'm really hoping it goes through soon... I've got a few wagers I want to make tonight.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

It's bad when you can fund the books quicker using old fashioned money transfer services. When will Bitcoin fix this? It's like every week it gets slower. They are going backwards in my opinion.

themike78

Wow. 76000 unconfirmed transactions right now. I don't think I've ever seen it this high. If you send Bitcoin now it will confirm in about 2 weeks. Glad my books are funded now.

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have found making many bitcoin depoists that it's best to deposit late at night midnight-6am they usually go thru in 5 or 10 mins if u do during day u could be waiting a while

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

been waiting over 30 hours for my small deposit to confirm from blockchain to book....bad feeling for a degenerate like me short on money feening for action

Optional

I believe it, Optional. Makes sense because yesterday I sent from Coinbase to Airbitz and received it right away, but then I immediately sent from Airbitz to DSI, and that's when I began encountering issues. I'm really hoping it goes through soon... I've got a few wagers I want to make tonight.
    LOL... woops.

I missed a word there.

I meant to say the wallet does NOT make a difference to send times.

And I typed it wrong twice

Goatman

LOL... woops.

I missed a word there.

I meant to say the wallet does NOT make a difference to send times.

And I typed it wrong twice
    I think you were right the first time, Opti! I’m still waiting on yesterday's Airbitz transactions after over 30 hours! However, I deposited directly from Coinbase to book this evening (something I try to avoid for reasons previously discussed on these forums), and it was received within an hour so I could wager tonight. I should note, however, that since I can’t control the fee with Coinbase, it was a much higher fee than my two Airbitz transactions (one was low and one was average). So, the issue is likely the fee amount, not the wallet itself. That said, usually when selecting an average fee, the transaction has never taken this long. Hell, even with a fee of a few cents it has always confirmed by now. Very frustrating to have so much of this weekend’s bankroll tied up like this with games kicking off in 12 hours!
    Last edited by Goatman; 10-28-17 at 10:03 PM.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

I think you were right the first time, Opty! I’m still waiting on yesterday's Airbitz transactions after over 30 hours! However, I deposited directly from Coinbase to book this evening (something I try to avoid for reasons previously discussed on these forums), and it was received within an hour so I could wager tonight. I should note, however, that since I can’t control the fee with Coinbase, it was a much higher fee than my two Airbitz transactions (one was low and one was average). So, the issue is likely the fee amount, not the wallet itself. That said, usually when selecting an average fee, the transaction has never taken this long. Hell, even with a fee of a few cents it has always confirmed by now. Very frustrating to have so much of this weekend’s bankroll tied up like this with games kicking off in 12 hours!
    Airbitz is a good wallet, but it's algorithm for figuring out what fees it should use given current blockchain congestion, is notoriously poor. Electrum's is much better, and it's almost identical to Airbitz in all other respects, if you want to avoid that in the future. Also, Bitpay's recently gone into the wallet business, too, and so far their fee adjusting's been solid, too.

MeanPeopleSuck

Anyone else?
    I had to reply to you just to say, OUTSTANDING AVATAR! Also, did your transactions finally get confirmed?

Also also, does DPR ring any kind of bell for you? I figured w/ the awesome av, I might as well ask.

Goatman

It's almost comical at this point. Hopefully I'll have the funds available to wager with by Monday night. LOL!

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

wow what a cluster the blockchain has been the past couple days. I sent a small transaction on Thursday still not confirmed. The recomended Fee is like 291. Not even worth sending small stuff right now.

Goatman

Any confirmations for you guys yet? I'm past the 48 hour mark now. Really ridiculous!

Goatman

Quote Originally Posted by Jnas View Post
    wow what a cluster the blockchain has been the past couple days. I sent a small transaction on Thursday still not confirmed. The recomended Fee is like 291. Not even worth sending small stuff right now.
    Yeah, I agree. Bitcoin transaction fees have been unreasonably high lately. I'm hoping the books will start accepting something like Dash soon. From what I hear, fees are very low and transactions are super fast with that particular crypto.

gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

This is absolutely ridiculous. Sent in my transfer on Friday at 1 PM and it's now Saturday at 10 PM. Didn't even get to bet on anything today and it looks like not tomorrow. This is just, unbelievable and so fukking annoying.

Goatman

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    This is absolutely ridiculous. Sent in my transfer on Friday at 1 PM and it's now Saturday at 10 PM. Didn't even get to bet on anything today and it looks like not tomorrow. This is just, unbelievable and so fukking annoying.
    I'm right there with ya, Greg. This totally sucks! I've been waiting since 6:00 PM Thursday! I was able to bet a small amount today after sending a little transaction from Coinbase to book, but my primary funds for the weekend are tied up with this nonsense. It's really screwing up my wager plans.

Jnas

It's a lot better better today But any transaction with a miners fee under 40 s/byte may still be stuck for a while. most of the other stuff looks to be ok. I did a small one Thursday and used the recommended fee at the time of 14 s but right after it got jammed up so mine is still stuck. I sent a few this am for 80-90 S/byte and they were scooped right up.

themike78

Try using the viabtc accelerator. Enter your info at the top of the hour because it fills fast. It actually worked for me many times speeding up transactions.

Goatman

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Try using the viabtc accelerator. Enter your info at the top of the hour because it fills fast. It actually worked for me many times speeding up transactions.

My two book deposits finally confirmed last night. I had to call DSI to get them posted this morning though. But thanks for this tip, Mike! I used it for one remaining transaction that is pending, unrelated to sports betting. It says it was added to the accelerator, so we'll see. If it works, I may be using it a lot in the future. Thanks again!

Jnas

Thanks just did this and 10 minutes later it got a confirm!

Goatman

BTW, those of you who wager at DSI, they have an unadvertised 30% Bitcoin deposit bonus with a 5x roll. You have to call in after you deposit to get it though.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by Jnas View Post
    Thanks just did this and 10 minutes later it got a confirm!
    Cool. Sorry I didn't let you guys know earlier about it. But yeah it's a nice little option that usually speeds up transactions.

Goatman

Cool. Sorry I didn't let you guys know earlier about it. But yeah it's a nice little option that usually speeds up transactions.
    Yeah, it worked for my final pending transaction too! I'm glad you didn't tell us yesterday because I would've lost a little bit. Lol! Thanks again for the tip, Mike!

MeanPeopleSuck

Yeah, I agree. Bitcoin transaction fees have been unreasonably high lately. I'm hoping the books will start accepting something like Dash soon. From what I hear, fees are very low and transactions are super fast with that particular crypto.
    You're right, BTC by far has the highest sending fees of any crypto. Everything else is a fraction of that.

I think I saw yesterday that Betonline takes ETH, and somebody posted an article that someone -- Bookmaker, maybe? -- is about to start accepting deposits in 50 cryptos.