MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Bitcoin Gold (BTG) is Already Trading at Bitfinex

Surprising everyone, and ahead of schedule, you can already trade BTG at the following places:

Prices as of this post:

Bitfinex -- $210

YoBit -- $415

BlueTrade -- $365

FWIW, my recommendation is to Sell. People seem to have forgotten what a colossal mess BTG's code and development team are and these prices are insanely out of step with those facts.

This seems akin to the ICO mania we've seen the last 6 months or so: "If it's new, just buy it. Who cares if it's any good?"

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    This seems akin to the ICO mania we've seen the last 6 months or so: "If it's new, just buy it. Who cares if it's any good?"
    Reminds me of Bill Burr when he talks about dicks having a mind of their own, "Your dick is like a dreamer, you know, your dick believes, it’s like a motivational speaker. And don’t give a shit what question you ask it, it’s always like yeah, yeah, absolutely, sounds like a plan. Exit strategy? Later! We’ll be fine!"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: soxwin1917

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 53271

Immediately fell to under $100 on Bitfinex. Has stabilized at about $110 now. Still surprised it has found a support at that level, I thought it would be lower.

BTP
    Week 11
    3-1-1 370 pts

BTP
    Week 8
    3-2-0 151 pts

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Didn't even know there was a fork yesterday until I read an email from coinbase today talking about the seg2 one...do I have any bitcoin gold if I have bitcoin sitting in blockchain wallet?

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 53271

The bitcoin Gold fork has not officially triggered. The snapshot has been taken, so in early November BTG will be distributed. Not all exchanges will do it, check with yours. Bitfinex already distributed them in advance.
    If you have your own wallet, you will get yours; be careful when trying to move them.

BTP
    Week 11
    3-1-1 370 pts

BTP
    Week 8
    3-2-0 151 pts

raiders72001
    Update your status
    raiders72001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9882

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Immediately fell to under $100 on Bitfinex. Has stabilized at about $110 now. Still surprised it has found a support at that level, I thought it would be lower.
    The BTG website crashed from a DDoS attack right after the fork.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    Didn't even know there was a fork yesterday until I read an email from coinbase today talking about the seg2 one...do I have any bitcoin gold if I have bitcoin sitting in blockchain wallet?
    The jury's still out. By leaving your BTC at Coinbase during the hard fork, they, not you, controlled the "private key" to your BTC at the magic moment which means they, not you, will be eligible for BTG.

Whether they decide to pass your BTG along to you is totally up to them and the only statement they've released on BTG doesn't seem very promising: https://support.coinbase.com/custome...tcoin-gold-faq

ThaWoj

I used blockchain wallet not coinbase

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    I used blockchain wallet not coinbase
    Oh, I misunderstood. Sorry, my bad.

If you use the newer Blockchain wallet getting your private key, which will be the fastest way to get your BTG, is a pain in the butt. Section 1 gives you the step by step: https://github.com/OmniLayer/omniwal...Omniwallet.org

My recommendation is to just wait for either a BTG compatible wallet to be released, which will make getting your BTG a ton easier, or else just wait until Blockchain.info awards it themselves, which I see they've now done with BCH.

ThaWoj

I'll probably just wait, I saw the bch release too. I didn't have much anyways so it's not a big deal. Thx for the info.