YellowCurious
    YellowCurious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10707

Blockchain Issue

I am trying to send funds from blockchain to a book. Every time I try, blockchain gives me an insufficient funds prompt eventhough I have a balance of around $50. Is there anything I can do to get around this issue. Otherwise my money is lost. Have any of you encountered this problem with Blockchain?

Thanks.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by YellowCurious View Post
    I am trying to send funds from blockchain to a book. Every time I try, blockchain gives me an insufficient funds prompt eventhough I have a balance of around $50. Is there anything I can do to get around this issue. Otherwise my money is lost. Have any of you encountered this problem with Blockchain?

Thanks.
    It sounds like you are trying to send your entire balance without leaving enough for miners fees.

Are you using the website or phone app?

On the website it gives you a link to click to send max - fees needed.

YellowCurious

Optional,

How much would these fees be? I am trying to send to Betonline, but their minimum bitcoin deposit is $20.00. Would the fees be half of the balance I am trying to send?

Optional

Optional,

How much would these fees be? I am trying to send to Betonline, but their minimum bitcoin deposit is $20.00. Would the fees be half of the balance I am trying to send?
    About 50 cents. Maybe less.

I have not used the phone app. But on the website you will see a slider under the send box to set low/med/high fees.

Just take 0.00025 bitcoin off your balance ($1) and send that much.

And it wont matter if you send more than you say on the deposit form at BOL. they will credit whatever you send above it

YellowCurious

I am actually sending by computer. I think the issue is with blockchain since it says insufficient funds no matter what amount I enter. I think my money is stuck unless I can figure out a way to unblock my funds at blockchain

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

are you using the App or desktop? I find at times the blockchain app on phone along with other wallets does not sync right at to\imes so balance is off. I disconnected WiFi and normally that fixes...As far as BOL its as simple as it get as they just give QR to scan and pay invoice

I see...is the BTC confirmed u are trying to send??

YellowCurious

I sent it from coinbase to blockchain. Do I have to wait a while before i then can send it back out. I see the transaction is credited to my blockchain account. I figured once it's there, I can then send it out. Or is there a waiting period? I am new to bitcoin and a dummy when it comes this stuff.

Optional

I sent it from coinbase to blockchain. Do I have to wait a while before i then can send it back out. I see the transaction is credited to my blockchain account. I figured once it's there, I can then send it out. Or is there a waiting period? I am new to bitcoin and a dummy when it comes this stuff.
    Once you see it in your wallet balance you should be able to send it on.

Any chance you are not in the bitcoin wallet when trying to send?

Click Bitcoin in the left hand menu to make sure?

YellowCurious

Thanks Optional.

It looks like I sent it to the bitcoin address and not the wallet. I was trying to send from a wallet. I was then able to send from the bitcoin address (where the funds went to) instead of the wallet (coinbase indicated that the wallet address was invalid. So I sent it to the blockchain address instead). I was able to send from the blockchain address to the book. I was trying to send to Betonline, but they were not showing me an address to send to so instead I just sent it to 5 Dimes instead. Now just waiting to see how long it takes to get my account funded now.

Do you know how to transfer from the address to the wallet? That would have made it much simpler.

Thanks.

Optional

Thanks Optional.

It looks like I sent it to the bitcoin address and not the wallet. I was trying to send from a wallet. I was then able to send from the bitcoin address (where the funds went to) instead of the wallet (coinbase indicated that the wallet address was invalid. So I sent it to the blockchain address instead). I was able to send from the blockchain address to the book. I was trying to send to Betonline, but they were not showing me an address to send to so instead I just sent it to 5 Dimes instead. Now just waiting to see how long it takes to get my account funded now.

Do you know how to transfer from the address to the wallet? That would have made it much simpler.

Thanks.
    I'm not 100% sure what you are talking about honestly

Hopefully someone else comes along that gets what you are saying.

Or try again. Are you saying that you have bitcoin trapped in an invalid wallet address you need to transfer out?

And the comment about BOL not showing you an address to send to is something I have never heard before either.

5Dimes usually takes about 15 mins to get the confirmation and credit your account.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

Bol is the easiest to fund as it produces a qr code that initiates a payable invoice w exact amount...just scan and send..not sure how you messed that up...just always use phone app and scan as u can’t do it wrong that way

YellowCurious

I did see the scan part but I usually deposit by using bitcoin addresses. I think because I tried multiple times, it was not showing me the address anymore. Thus I sent my money to 5 Dimes instead.