LuckyProphet
    LuckyProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

What’s you’re average confirmation time sending bitcoin to you’re book?

Alright so I’m new to using bitcoin as a way of funding my book account. I would go the p2p method but just came around as seeing this is more convenient. So I just recently did my first deposit via bitcoin and I use blockchain as my wallet and send/receive.. I deposited into bookmaker. Blockchain said average time about an hour. I just want to know if that’s the norm on sending transactions or if their is a faster method or different wallet
    Last edited by LuckyProphet; 01-07-19 at 05:26 PM.

MrCavalier
    MrCavalier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Depends on traffic average for me is 25

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

With the Blockchain wallet, you can choose to send with "Priority" in the Fee and it will be faster. Recently has taken 5-15 minutes.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Sending and receiving bitcoin is like playing the lottery. It could be 5 minutes or 5 hours. Its one of the reasons bitcoin sucks. Only good thing about it is its cheaper than money transfer places. But to be honest the money transfer places are actually faster than bitcoin.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Guys just bookmark this site...send what they recommend as fastest and or look at chart
    https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Your transaction getting confirmed is dependent on two things.

1. Fee you attach: The higher the fee you offer, the most likely it'll be included in the next "block" that is mined which will add transactions to the block chain.

2. Mining speed: Depending on a bunch of factors (time of day, number of computers running, etc) I have seen blocks get mined back to back within a minute of each other. I've also made a deposit and saw it took over 45 minutes for the next block to be mined. That can be a complete crap shoot.

You can keep track how long it's been in between blocks being mined here. https://bitaps.com/
    You'll hear an audible beep when the next block was mined and then use that to refresh your transaction page to see if it was one of those that was included in that block of transactions.

What's nice is if it's been over 20 minutes or so, you can see if it's your fee or if the network is being slow to mine blocks.

crazyivan24
    crazyivan24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Bodog/Bovada usually credits within 15mins or less

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Check with your book to see how many confirmations they require before crediting. Most require only 1. 5dimes seems to require 6+

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    Check with your book to see how many confirmations they require before crediting. Most require only 1. 5dimes seems to require 6+
    I think that might be for larger deposits (assuming yours is larger considering how much you've bet before) for extra security. I deposit more on the smaller end and they only need 1 from me.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

this helps too, so you know how much to add for the fees and the approx timing

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    5D required 6 today and paying with Priority Fee using Blockchain Wallet took just under an hour :|

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    5D required 6 today and paying with Priority Fee using Blockchain Wallet took just under an hour :|
    10 mins for me and only 1 confirmation

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15781

From my Edge/Airbitz to 5 Dimes for example, 30 minutes to 3 hours. Crapshoot as mentioned.
    Their customer service told me 5 confirmations. Maybe that's changed.

BetJesus
    BetJesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

Depends on the amount you deposit. The larger the deposit, the more confirmations a book requires. Anything under $1k usually takes less than 15 minutes. I’ve had BTC deposits greater than 1 BTC take 45 minutes.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by BetJesus View Post
    Depends on the amount you deposit. The larger the deposit, the more confirmations a book requires. Anything under $1k usually takes less than 15 minutes. I’ve had BTC deposits greater than 1 BTC take 45 minutes.
    ^^^

A few hundred seems to take under 15 mins every time.