5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

Working fine for me

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

network must be backed up as I sent with appropriate fee normally confirms in less then 30 mins today is going on 2 hours+ so far

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    network must be backed up as I sent with appropriate fee normally confirms in less then 30 mins today is going on 2 hours+ so far
    There was like 80000 unconfirmed transactions today. Normally it's like 2000. I think that's why, my past 2 transactions took 16 hours to confirm. I though they were supposed to fix this crap. Bitcoin sucks.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: littlekona

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    There was like 80000 unconfirmed transactions today. Normally it's like 2000. I think that's why, my past 2 transactions took 16 hours to confirm. I though they were supposed to fix this crap. Bitcoin sucks.
    I think we're seeing a high volume of transactions the last couple of days because of the sudden spike in price and because of the upcoming fork.

The fork in November is supposed to double the size of the block to 2MB, but there's a lot of groups protesting the increase with the main claim being that it'll be more expensive to maintain the ledger since it'll require more storage with the doubling in size of each block.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 10-13-17 at 06:09 PM.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    I think we're seeing a high volume of transactions the last couple of days because of the sudden spike in price and because of the upcoming fork.
    Yeah I hear you. All the traders are moving money around today. My problem is though this last fork they did was supposed to fix all the congestion and make transactions quicker. Apparently it didn't work out too well. Bitcoin has a long way to go if they want to compete with debit cards which can handle tens of millions transactions a day instantly.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Yeah I hear you. All the traders are moving money around today. My problem is though this last fork they did was supposed to fix all the congestion and make transactions quicker. Apparently it didn't work out too well. Bitcoin has a long way to go if they want to compete with debit cards which can handle tens of millions transactions a day instantly.
    +1

Most disappointing we are dealing with this crap again.

My guess is it that is manipulation by miners rather than simple tx volume though.

I am about done with these Bitcoin core dweebs now myself.

Bring on Ether or something like that as the default crypto ASAP. Something that is more about providing a service to users than providing a game for egotistical developers.

mrpapageorgio

Duplicate
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 10-13-17 at 09:45 PM.

TheDempster
    TheDempster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1518

+++++

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    +1

Most disappointing we are dealing with this crap again.

My guess is it that is manipulation by miners rather than simple tx volume though.

I am about done with these Bitcoin core dweebs now myself.

Bring on Ether or something like that as the default crypto ASAP. Something that is more about providing a service to users than providing a game for egotistical developers.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

As a member in good standing of the Bitcoin Unlimited movement it breaks my heart to say this, but SegWit did work. If massively reduced fees and wait times for normal days, but it just can't handle days when volume jumps tenfold, like the last two days.

What COULD handle days w/ even tenfold jumps in traffic? Hmmm, perhaps unlimited block sizes........

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    The fork in November is supposed to double the size of the block to 2MB, but there's a lot of groups protesting the increase with the main claim being that it'll be more expensive to maintain the ledger since it'll require more storage with the doubling in size of each block.
    Don't listen to it. That's just BTC core propaganda. Notice that the ONLY mining consortiums saying that are those that oppose ANY block size increase -- basically a reforming of the enemy camp from the civil war.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    Don't listen to it. That's just BTC core propaganda. Notice that the ONLY mining consortiums saying that are those that oppose ANY block size increase -- basically a reforming of the enemy camp from the civil war.
    Never said it was valid, just said that's what they're claiming.