shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

btc

can anyone recommend another wallet to initiate a buy other than coinbase? they're making me wait until next week for a buy, a little long. used to be 3 days, then 5, now 8. not a fan.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Do you want fast or do you want cheap? Coinbase allows you to buy instantly with a CC, but you're paying 4% juice to Coinbase.
    There's Gemini, which allows you to buy bitcoin immediately, but you're waiting up to 5 days for the ACH to clear. (There's also Cex.io and bitstamp, but I have no familiarity to give an opinion).
    There's Coinmama which allows you to buy with credit card or cash (**), but their exchange rate isn't very favorable and they charge a fee to use a CC on top of it.
    There's also localbitcoins.com, but you're paying a premium depending on the offer, and you need to be sure to buy from someone reputable or you might be SOL if they don't follow on their end.

If you live in/near a major city, there may also be bitcoin ATMs at local currency exchanges, but the lowest I've seen charged is 7% at one.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Do you want fast or do you want cheap? Coinbase allows you to buy instantly with a CC, but you're paying 4% juice to Coinbase.
    There's Gemini, which allows you to buy bitcoin immediately, but you're waiting up to 5 days for the ACH to clear. (There's also Cex.io and bitstamp, but I have no familiarity to give an opinion).
    There's Coinmama which allows you to buy with credit card or cash (**), but their exchange rate isn't very favorable and they charge a fee to use a CC on top of it.
    There's also localbitcoins.com, but you're paying a premium depending on the offer, and you need to be sure to buy from someone reputable or you might be SOL if they don't follow on their end.

If you live in/near a major city, there may also be bitcoin ATMs at local currency exchanges, but the lowest I've seen charged is 7% at one.
    Man that's a serious premium for an ATM to charge.. I have to explore options. CB cancelled my buy today for no apparent reason.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

You should find depositing by wire at Coinbase is faster than ACH. Supposed to be overnight. It will cost 10-30 bucks in fees at your bank to do it usually.

Nothing is fast and free as far as getting funded.

Most instant options cost more like 8% so Coinbase is actually the cheapest around for card buying.

And if you are using an ATM regularly or for large amounts, find your local one and telephone the owner and ask for a better rate than standard. Some users have advised that around 4% is the going rate if you ask for it.

puckk
    puckk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 341

how about kraken.com?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by puckk View Post
    how about kraken.com?
    Similar issue with delays getting the account funded. I think it is 2 or 3 days there with a wire deposit from poster reports.

Support has been a bit hit and miss for some people but apart from that Kraken seems to be one of the better choices among trading exchanges for Americans. (Coninbase/Gemini/ItBit are not Trading Exchanges but retail Exchangers. They do the actual trading for you and charge a small premium for the service)

hello1234567
    hello1234567's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2222

I have been using Bitstamp as an alternative. Best rate IMO. Gives you options to which bank to deposit to. Received my coins usually in less than 3 hours.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by hello1234567 View Post
    I have been using Bitstamp as an alternative. Best rate IMO. Gives you options to which bank to deposit to. Received my coins usually in less than 3 hours.
    What deposit method and how long does it take?

hello1234567

Deposit to the seller's bank. Once you finish that, upload the receipt and they usually release your coins within 3 hours, sometimes 30 mins.

Bought $500 worth, receive around $490. Pretty damn good rate IMO.

Opps, I just meant BITQUICK. Not Bitstamp.
    Last edited by hello1234567; 10-05-17 at 12:26 PM.

hello1234567

I meant Bitquick. Not Bitstamp.

With Bitstamp, I use my credit card to deposit.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

Thanks hello. Still trying to get up to speed on this whole thing.