mcgeezer1883
    mcgeezer1883's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Block chain showing "disconnected"

I got my Bitcoin payout today to blockchain and it is taking forever to get any confirmations.

I checked the unconfirmed transactions page and it says that the blockchain is disconnected. Anyone know about this or what the problem is? This was a decent sized payout too so I'm a little sketched....

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Any update? I received bitcoin today at 10:30AMET from BetOnline and it took 6 hours before I received even one confirmation (normally I receive the 3 needed to clear in Blockchain in under an hour). The miner fee wasn't really low either, but there were a ton of transactions offering the fee BetOnline gave to run the transaction. I'm figuring the servers are just overwhelmed since it's Monday.

mcgeezer1883
    mcgeezer1883's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Mine came thru finally, but it was definitely slow. I payed a good fee too so IDK what the deal was

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeezer1883 View Post
    Mine came thru finally, but it was definitely slow. I payed a good fee too so IDK what the deal was
    My only guess is Mondays are a high volume day. Never had a transaction take more than an hour (usually less than 15 minutes) if I send/receive mid-week/weekend or at night. This is the 2nd time I've received bitcoin on a Monday (sent one time on a Monday) and each time they took hours before reaching enough confirmations.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I really think it's completely random because I did a few transactions yesterday and today with a 5 cent fee. All of them were confirmed in 10 minutes except one that took a half hour which is fine. I do not see any need to pay $5 in fees unless you need the money immediately. But even when you pay the high fees sometimes they take longer. I think it's just all random luck.