MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Crypto Profits Now: OMG Rumor. Buy now at $8.

There's a brand new rumor (last 45 mins or so) that OMG's going to get listed next week at Bitthumb, the world's largest crypto exchange.

Last time there was a rumor about a Bithumb listing, it was ZCash and it turned out to be true, so I've just bought a bunch of OMG at a hair above $8. If the rumor's true, I'll play both sides of the "the hump" -- I'm long now, but will sell into the spike after OMG gets listed and then I'll immediately turn around and go short to profit from the sell off after the spike.

If you click the "3 Months" button, you can see the hump when Monero got listed at Bithumb a couple months ago: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/

If you click the "1 Month" button, you can see the hump when ZCash got listed at Bithumb a few weeks ago: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zcash/

Easiest way to get info in real time about the OMG rumor: https://www.reddit.com/r/omise_go/co...y8&sh=f2112ea3

MeanPeopleSuck

3am EST, 10/11 Update.

Current Price: $8.78, up 9% in 2 hours.

Rumor Update: Bitcoin community opinion is split on whether the leaked document is real or fake, but either way, the price is rising.

FWIW, of the other 5 people I've seen comment on the leaked document who claim to speak Korean, 3 think it's fake and 2 think it might be real.

MeanPeopleSuck

5am EST, 10/11 Update

Current Price: $9.12

Unfortunately, I just heard back from a buddy of mine, a native Korean speaker. He says the document's not formatted the same way as previously leaked Bithumb documents, so, sadly, he thinks it's fake.

That matches the majority opinion forming in the wider BTC community that the document's probably fake.

Since I trust my friend, I sold back about 2/3 of my position (at a small profit), but I'm keeping the other third w/ my fingers crossed he might be wrong.

Anyway, we'll hope for better luck next time....

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I traded for some OMGs, still think it will be a profitable coin long term, just hodl. It's hard to be disciplined because of all these ICOs that come out and thinking it's the next best or first ever xxxxx coin.

Sometimes the best move is to just HODL.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    I traded for some OMGs, still think it will be a profitable coin long term, just hodl. It's hard to be disciplined because of all these ICOs that come out and thinking it's the next best or first ever xxxxx coin.

Sometimes the best move is to just HODL.
    Fair point. Besides, trading crypto wouldn't be any fun if every single trade worked out.

GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3991

Looks like it's down to about $8.16 right now at Bittrex and looks volatile. Might be a fun gamble.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post
    Looks like it's down to about $8.16 right now at Bittrex and looks volatile. Might be a fun gamble.
    Nah, don't do it. I had to close out the rest of my position at a loss (heh, losing money's not very easy to do in crypto today!). The document that was "leaked" has almost conclusively been shown to be fake.

Don't worry, we'll get 'em next time!

GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3991

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    Don't worry, we'll get 'em next time!
    Ok, pass! Thanks bud!